GUILTY CT - Connie Dabate, 39, murdered in her Ellington home, 23 Dec 2015 *husband arrested*

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.nhregister.com/general-n...connecticut-mother-causes-concern-speculation

Connie Dabate, 39, was found dead and her husband, Richard, was found wounded when authorities responded to a burglary alarm at their Ellington home shortly after 10 a.m. on Dec. 23. State troopers also said there was smoke in the home. The couple’s two sons, ages 9 and 6, were in school at the time, officials said.

The medical examiner’s office later determined that Connie Dabate died from multiple gunshot wounds to her head and abdomen. Richard Dabate was treated for undisclosed injuries at a hospital and discharged.

http://www.courant.com/community/ellington/hc-ellington-dabate-reports-0413-20160412-story.html

Less than three months before she was found shot to death at her Birchview Drive home, Connie Dabate was the victim of another crime.

In early October, someone stuffed rags into her car's tailpipe, according to police reports obtained by The Courant.

A week later, the windshield of her husband Richard Dabate's car was cracked — from the inside.

No one was arrested in the incidents, nor has anyone been arrested in Dabate's killing two days before Christmas.

Agreed, I have been waiting for any kind of news at all. This is local to me and a few of my partime job coworkers were friends with her. But no additional info coming from them either.

On an interesting note, she was involved in 2 lawsuits against a home improvement man. She won both but they were only worth about $10,000 total. There are also town rumors of another woman and a possible child her husband had with another woman. Who knows?

Ccmac.. i added you. The latter is totally true btw. I used to be a local..most of my friends and family still live there.

Candlelight vigil to honor Ellington mother whose murder remains a mystery one year later

http://fox61.com/2016/12/22/candlelight-vigil-to-honor-ellington-mother-whose-murder-remains-a-mystery-one-year-later/

Friday marks one year since an Ellington mother was murdered in her own home and there are still no named suspects.

Thursday evening, a vigil will honor her memory. It will be held at 6:30 p.m. at Arbor Park.

With no arrest, State Police continue to offer their standard statement that it is an “active investigation.” Six months after her death, Ellington First Selectman Lori Spielman told FOX 61 that State Police continue to work the case.

“It’s not forgotten,” said Spielman at the time. “It’s not dropped. They are still working on it.”

Right?! A few of my friends and i talk about this often.. and cant even believe it.

This case was on Crime Watch Daily. Wow

It repeats at 2am...12/24th

From the first post:

"A week later, the windshield of her husband Richard Dabate's car was cracked — from the inside."

How can this be? Does this mean the occupants of the car cracked the windshield, meaning the husband himself? I'm confused.

Right after the crime, detectives claimed there was no threat to the public, but haven't said who is responsible.

http://fox61.com/2016/12/22/candlel...hose-murder-remains-a-mystery-one-year-later/

Uhuh ...

I have a feeling who likely committed this murder ...

Ellington Residents Suspected Husband In Connie Dabate's Murder

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-richard-dabate-murder-charge-reaction-20170415-story.html

On Friday, Richard Dabate was charged with the murder of his wife, Connie Dabate. It had been almost a year and five months since she was found dead, and since then Richard Dabate had proceeded with his life at his Birchview Drive home.

For that year and five months, some Birchview Drive residents and many others in Ellington had seen him as a suspect in the murder.

"I believe everyone, or almost everyone, in town felt [Richard Dabate] was involved," resident Linda said before ordering her breakfast at Chuck's Wagon. "They didn't believe anything he was saying about a robbery or house invasion or being tied up."

People interviewed on Saturday said that, even before Richard Dabate's arrest, they suspected he may have had something to do with his wife's death. Some pointed out that, as police described it, he was found with zip ties securing one leg and one hand to a chair.

On Friday, state police charged her husband with murder, tampering with evidence and providing a false statement. After failing to post $1 million bail Friday night, Richard Dabate was taken to the Hartford Correctional Center, police said. He is scheduled to be in Superior Court in Rockville on Monday.

Hartford attorney Hubert Santos, who is representing Richard Dabate, told The Courant Friday that his client will fight the charges. "My client is innocent of these charges and he looks forward to being vindicated after a trial," he said.

Husband Charged With Ellington Woman's Killing Expected To Post Bail

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-dabate-murder-court-appearance-0418-20170417-story.html

Superior Court judge kept Richard Dabate's bail at $1 million Monday, paving the way for the accused killer's release in the event he posts real estate bonds as planned.

Calling Richard Dabate's family one "of considerable means," prosecutor Cynthia Baer asked for his bail to be increased to $5 million during the Ellington man's arraignment in Superior Court in Rockville.

Judge Samuel J. Sferrazza opted to keep it at $1 million and ordered Dabate to turn in his passport. He scheduled his next court date for April 28.

Heard from a friend who has a friend inside Hartford Correctional that Rick was "crying like a *****" while inside.

Digital technology really helps LE catch perps. It's always the little things the perp doesn't think about. The fitbit isn't lying when it shows movement and if she was wearing the fitbit when her body was found, it certainly tells a different story than what her husband told. Busted!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back