KY - Charles Eapmon, 32, & Carolyn Tomlinson, 28, murdered, Erlanger, 6 April 2016

Everyday Grace

Reaction score
Carolyn Ann Tomlinson, 28, and Charles Douglas Eapmon, 32, were found dead Tuesday morning in a home on Merravay Drive, police say.

"Elsmere police, in conjunction with Kenton County police, are investigating two dead bodies," Sanders said. "We're going to wait for an autopsy to confirm the cause of death, but right now, the investigation is being treated as a homicide or, should I say, two homicides."

Family members found the victims at about 10 a.m. Wednesday.

http://m.wlwt.com/news/names-of-two-found-dead-in-elsmere-home-released/38915650

Kenton County’s commonwealth attorney said investigators shouldn’t rule out a connection between a double homicide in Elsmere, Kentucky and the mass shooting of eight family members in Pike County, Ohio.

Authorities are exploring every angle in the case of Carolyn Ann Tomlinson and Charles Douglas Eapmon, according to Rob Sanders. The couple was found dead inside their home on April 8.

Eapmon served time in prison and had a criminal history involving narcotics trafficking, according to Sanders.

Authorities have not said how Eapmon and Tomlinson died. Their bodies were reportedly discovered by family members living in the Merravay Drive home. Tomlinson had four children.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/31962314...ween-pike-co-massacre-and-nky-double-homicide

Well poo.

The correct date for the header should be 6 April 2016. Working to get that corrected.

http://m.wlwt.com/news/elsmere-double-homicide-victims-had-juxtaposed-pasts/38937766

Another article. Curious that Carolyn also worked at a care facility/nursing home. Eapmon was sentenced to 18 yrs and got out in less than 4 yrs?

Yep.

State sentencing guidelines allowed Eapmon to qualify for parole after serving 20 percent of his sentence.

His parole supervision would have been in effect until 6-3-2022. I'll be putting up a link to source that information.

November 24, 2010 news article:

Northern Kentucky Drug Strike Force agents seized a half million dollars-worth or prescription drugs during an execution of search warrants.

During the course of the investigation, agents seized approximately 16,000 doses of Oxycodone, a generic form of the pain killer Oxycontin.

Agents arrested James Eapmon, 24, of Crittenden; Charles Douglas Eapmon, 26, of Erlanger; Nathaniel Hurtt, 25, of Florence, and a male juvenile. All are charged with trafficking in a controlled substance. This offense is a Class C Felony punishable by up to ten years imprisonment.

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:P8raJ8Bc

I've requested guidance from the Moderators as to our limits with regard to family members. Probably prudent to operate under the normal guidelines unless and until we are informed differently.

http://mugshots.com/search.html?q=Charles+Douglas+eapmon+

2 pages of mug shots for Charles Douglas Eapmon
Mug shots only. Not convictions.

If allowed to research brother who was charged and I assume convicted, this site also offers a search feature.

Entering James Eapmon brings up 3 pages, but the names vary somewhat.
Can not be sure all are definitely the same person.

pls delete if not appropriate.

No problem. Other than my stupid error.

Figured we need this to keep confusion down (lol) on the Pike County OH murders.

We all have done it. Thanks for starting this Grace. So they are not ruling out a connection with the Ohio eight? SMH.

https://bailbondcity.com/kentucky/kydoc-inmate-EAPMON/60871

Charles Douglas Eapmon

District 07 - Covington, Kenton County

Parole Supervision begin date: 6-1-2015
Parole Supervision end date: 6-3-2022
Risk assessment rating: Very high

1. ENGAGING IN ORGANIZED CRIME-CRIMINAL SYNDICATE
Must serve minimum of 20% of sentence
KRS Code: 506.120 (Class B Felony)
Boone County Indictment 10-CR-0697
Offense date: 9-8-2010
Conviction date: 9-21-2011
Sentence: 18 y 0 m

2. COMPLICITY TRAF CONT SUB-1ST DEGREE 2ND OR GT OFFENSE-DRUG UNSPECIFIED
KRS Code: 218A.1412 [13] (Class B Felony)
Boone County Indictment 10-CR-0697
Offense date: 9-15-2010
Sentence date: 9-21-2011
Sentence: 18 y 0 m

3. FLEEING OR EVADING POLICE, 1ST DEGREE (MOTOR VEHICLE)
Must serve minimum of 15% of sentence
KRS Code: 520.095 [1] (Class D Felony)
Kenton County Indictment 11-CR-00006
Offense date: 11-7-2010
Conviction date: 8-16-2011
Sentence: 1 y 0 my

4. TRAF CONT SUB-1ST DEGREE-1ST OFFENSE-DRUG UNSPECIFIED PFO IN LIEU OF (2ND DEGREE)
KRS Code: 218A.1412 [15] (Class C Felony)
Kenton County indictment 10-CR-00811-1
Offense date: 7-1-2010
Conviction date: 8-12-2011
Sentence: 6 y 3 m

A heads up regarding criminal histories and other means of identification: I'm coming across people with very similar names. Best to check ages, dob's, etc.

http://www.rcnky.com/articles/2013/08/21/convicted-man-who-tried-lure-teen-sex-others

(At link, scroll to second story. Headline about lurking teens is not about this case.)

Story about Biddle leads to Eapmon.
curious that Biddle was in California.

RCN:
Thomas Biddle could be going away for quite a while aftre pleading guilty to a litany of charges, including trafficking in oxycodone, being a persistent felony offender, bail jumping, escape, tampering with a prisoner monitoring device, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. In all he faces up to 35 years in prison. What did Biddle do?

SANDERS: Thomas Biddle was part of an Organized Crime case investigated by the NKY Drug Strike Force back in 2010. Biddle worked for a drug dealer named Doug Eapmon who was selling illegal pain pills via a large network of "sub-contractors" who sold the pills in Boone and Kenton Counties. Eapmon and several other defendants pled guilty and were sent off to prison long ago. While the case was pending, Biddle was out of jail but ordered to wear an electronic ankle bracelet monitored by the Kenton County Detention Center and on "home incarceration." Facing a very likely conviction given the fact he was recorded on video selling pills, Biddle decided to flee the area rather than go to prison. He cut off his ankle monitor and left his home incarceration on December 20, 2010. He then failed to appear in court for his next hearing later the same day.

Biddle was believed to have fled to the West Coast where he was known to have relatives but could not be found until April, 2013, when he was arrested in California. Biddle was extradited back to Kentucky. One August 12, 2013 Biddle pled guilty to two counts of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree as well as the Escape, Tampering with a Prison Monitoring Device, and Bailjumping charges he picked up when he absconded. Asst. Commonwealth's Attorney Casey Burns is recommending a total of 20 years in prison for all the charges. Biddle is scheduled for final sentencing before Kenton Circuit Judge Patricia Summe onSeptember 24, 2013.

We all have done it. Thanks for starting this Grace. So they are not ruling out a connection with the Ohio eight? SMH.

That is my understanding.

If that changes we'll be sure to include that information.

Thanks for the error correction!

I wonder how old the Tomlinson's children are and where they were at the time of the murders?

http://www.rcnky.com/articles/2013/08/21/convicted-man-who-tried-lure-teen-sex-others

(At link, scroll to second story. Headline about lurking teens is not about this case.)

Story about Biddle leads to Eapmon.
curious that Biddle was in California.

RCN:
Thomas Biddle could be going away for quite a while aftre pleading guilty to a litany of charges, including trafficking in oxycodone, being a persistent felony offender, bail jumping, escape, tampering with a prisoner monitoring device, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. In all he faces up to 35 years in prison. What did Biddle do?

SANDERS: Thomas Biddle was part of an Organized Crime case investigated by the NKY Drug Strike Force back in 2010. Biddle worked for a drug dealer named Doug Eapmon who was selling illegal pain pills via a large network of "sub-contractors" who sold the pills in Boone and Kenton Counties. Eapmon and several other defendants pled guilty and were sent off to prison long ago. While the case was pending, Biddle was out of jail but ordered to wear an electronic ankle bracelet monitored by the Kenton County Detention Center and on "home incarceration." Facing a very likely conviction given the fact he was recorded on video selling pills, Biddle decided to flee the area rather than go to prison. He cut off his ankle monitor and left his home incarceration on December 20, 2010. He then failed to appear in court for his next hearing later the same day.

Biddle was believed to have fled to the West Coast where he was known to have relatives but could not be found until April, 2013, when he was arrested in California. Biddle was extradited back to Kentucky. One August 12, 2013 Biddle pled guilty to two counts of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree as well as the Escape, Tampering with a Prison Monitoring Device, and Bailjumping charges he picked up when he absconded. Asst. Commonwealth's Attorney Casey Burns is recommending a total of 20 years in prison for all the charges. Biddle is scheduled for final sentencing before Kenton Circuit Judge Patricia Summe onSeptember 24, 2013.

Nice find. I haven't seen this before.

It was fairly obvious this is a gnarly case. Maybe more so than I thought.

Belly of the beast, so to speak.

I wonder how old the Tomlinson's children are and where they were at the time of the murders?

I haven't come across any ages so far.

She is said to have four children. The following early reporting says at least three children were at the home when the murders occurred:

While she worries about the safety of her family and her neighbors, O'Donnell is also thinking about the children removed from the home where Tomlinson and Eapmon were found.

"The kids they were always outside playing. Always outside having fun. It didn't matter what time day or night it was, they was always outside playing. And I know the oldest. My heart goes out to her, it really does ... I couldn't imagine what they're going through right now."

It appears at least three children lived in the home.

A neighbor told WLWT News 5 investigative reporter Todd Dykes she watched as the kids' grandmother took them safely away from what must have been a grisly scene.

http://m.wlwt.com/news/elsmere-double-homicide-victims-had-juxtaposed-pasts/38937766

Biddle is out and on probation. He posted about it yesterday, that he "passed his probation period again." Not sure what that means, but. It definitely seems to be him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back