1065 users online (153 members and 912 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Police searching for missing Columbia University student Nayla Kidd
    Police are searching for a Columbia University student who went missing last Thursday.
    http://pix11.com/2016/05/13/police-s...nt-nayla-kidd/

ďLoving and sweet-spirited.Ē Missing Ivy League student has not been seen since May 4
    Last year on Motherís Day, Nayla Kidd, a Columbia University student, made a video so sweet it made her mother cry.

This Motherís Day, La Creis Kidd didnít hear from her only daughter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nce-early-may/

This is an interesting case though it hasn't garnered much traffic. Nayla is a super, high achieving young woman who, I surmise, is just about to complete her second or third year at the prestigious SEAS school at Columbia University. She is two to three years ahead of her peers. That is no small feat!

I'm a bit surprised there is not more SM surrounding her disappearance. While there are 250 "friends" on the FB page, not many people are commenting. One report says LDS was 5/5 another says 5/4. Why is this not known? What are the friends she was last seen with saying? Is she still living at home or is she on campus in a dorm (I expect in a dorm)? What was her course load this semester and her finals schedule? Why is this just now hitting MSM?

She's been working at a sustained, high level for years, higher than 99% of kids her age. It takes a toll. What is her release? How does she cope with the pressure? There's not much info out there about her and her current state of mind. Did she check out by her own volition or has something happened that she's not in control of?

Find your way home, Nayla.

Nayla Kidd, a sophomore in the School of Engineering and Applied Science, was last seen on campus May 5, shortly before finals were to begin, school officials said.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2636547

I assumed her family was local but hey are based in TN. Nayla has been living off campus not in a dorm. Her family must be beside themselves. Since she disappeared right before finals were to begin, was stress a factor? I wish there was more information available.

Has someone been around the campus putting up flyers? Who is doing what to help find her?
    Last edited by MamaJoJo; 05-13-2016 at 10:10 PM.

You're right, there's not much info on her yet. I wonder where she is?

I don't know if or how many printed flyers have been put up already (although I will ask a friend to look around campus tomorrow), but I do know that the Office of Public Safety sent a university-wide email regarding Nayla.
    Last edited by KayElJay; 05-13-2016 at 10:29 PM. Reason: changed "can ask" to "will ask"

Thanks, Kay. I'm so concerned for her.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJoJo View Post
    She's been working at a sustained, high level for years, higher than 99% of kids her age. It takes a toll. What is her release? How does she cope with the pressure? There's not much info out there about her and her current state of mind. Did she check out by her own volition or has something happened that she's not in control of?

Find your way home, Nayla.
    RSBM

I am also very concerned about her! From my own experiences, I agree completely with your line of thinking.

Do the parents have access to her grades and attendance records before she went missing?

Kidd’s cousin, Aysha Curtis, stood in the rain near the Columbia campus Friday evening, holding a flier for her the missing sophomore engineering student.

“She’s here on a full scholarship, so she wouldn’t just go missing,” Curtis said. “This is not her normal behavior.”

Nayla Kidd’s family said may have taken the No. 1 train here at 110th Street-Cathedral Parkway, heading uptown to her apartment on Broadway not far from school.

“She was going home, so she left a gathering somewhere over here at a dorm,” Curtis said. “At 9:32 is when she swiped in.”

Police sources told CBS2 that Kidd’s Facebook account was deactivated, her credit card and bank accounts were canceled, and her cellphone was turned off. It was unclear if Nayla Kidd or someone else may have done it all.

“She didn’t indicate that anything was wrong,” LaCreis Kidd said.

Kidd has also missed all of her finals.

“Her last final was scheduled for today,” LaCries Kidd said. “This is not Nayla. She prides herself in doing her very best in school.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/05/...udent-missing/
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Her daughter hasn't responded to voice mail and text messages, she said.
    Kidd said last spoke to her in April about rent money.
    Her daughter was first reported missing by friends.
    Kidd has also asked Neal Gossett, a private investigator, to look for clues into her daughter's disappearance.
    been set up to help find Kidd, a School of Engineering and Applied Science student.
    "Our community is deeply concerned whenever a student is missing,” the university said. “The University is in contact with Nayla Kidd’s family and is cooperating with the New York Police Department.”

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...379437201.html
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Last edited by trigger; 05-14-2016 at 12:07 AM.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    Kidd’s cousin, Aysha Curtis, stood in the rain near the Columbia campus Friday evening, holding a flier for her the missing sophomore engineering student.

“She’s here on a full scholarship, so she wouldn’t just go missing,” Curtis said. “This is not her normal behavior.”

Nayla Kidd’s family said may have taken the No. 1 train here at 110th Street-Cathedral Parkway, heading uptown to her apartment on Broadway not far from school.

“She was going home, so she left a gathering somewhere over here at a dorm,” Curtis said. “At 9:32 is when she swiped in.”

Police sources told CBS2 that Kidd’s Facebook account was deactivated, her credit card and bank accounts were canceled, and her cellphone was turned off. It was unclear if Nayla Kidd or someone else may have done it all.

“She didn’t indicate that anything was wrong,” LaCreis Kidd said.

Kidd has also missed all of her finals.

“Her last final was scheduled for today,” LaCries Kidd said. “This is not Nayla. She prides herself in doing her very best in school.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/05/...udent-missing/
    No no no....dislike!

I've never heard of a person going missing and subsequently having their Facebook deactivated, bank accounts closed, and cell phone turned off. That takes some coordination and leads one towards the reasonable conclusion that this is a planned disappearance. I'm hoping she is off grid voluntarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast