662 users online (120 members and 542 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Sarah Ipock, 30, found slain in Ohio River, Perry County, 11 May 2016

Authorities in Kentucky and Indiana are investigating after a third body was pulled from the Ohio River in less than 24 hours...

Indiana State Police say that is the body of Sarah Ipock, 30, of Louisville.

An autopsy conducted on Ipock Friday evening in Evansville concluded that Ipock died of causes related to foul play and the investigation is proceeding as a homicide.

Police are still attempting to identify a male who was also found in the Ohio River Wednesday, near the William H. Natcher Bridge, just east of Owensboro.

Officials believe Ipock and the male knew each other because they were found within hours and within a short distance of each other.

Sheriffs deputies say the discovery of ipock could help identify the body they recovered.

"It helps certainly to pursue that avenue where those two bodies are connected,' Capt. Thompson says. "It certainly helped tremendously when they got theirs identified where leads can be followed, who she knew, where she lived, who she ran with, her acquaintances, friends and enemies."

According to this article she was a Mother to several children. I wonder where those children are now?

Alan Smith lives in Ipcok’s old home. His relationship to her was still somewhat distant, but closer than most in the neighborhood.

“She was married to my cousin there for a little while. They ended up having a little girl together. They were together for about two to three years,” Smith said. “She used to babysit my little girl for me, and that was really it.”

Smith and other neighbors said Ipock had several other children. Even though she was part of his extended family for a short time, Smith said he never really got to know Ipock very well.

authorities said in an artical that two of the bodies are possibly connected because they showed about the same rate of decomposion, meaning they were probably placed in the river about the same time, and were found only a few hours and a few nautical miles apart. its says the female victims injuries are consistant with foul play, but arent saying what the injuries are. but they did say the male died of a gsw to the head and they found ligiture marks on the body.

In an interview Monday, Sgt. Philip Hensley, public information officer for the Indiana State Police Jasper post, said detectives were not releasing specific details on the cause of Ipock's death because they wanted to maintain information that would only be known to the person or people involved in the incident.

"She had previous addresses" from both Louisville and from the New Albany, Indiana, area, Hensley said. Detectives have not determined where Ipock is from originally but said she has family in the north-central Indiana area.

"She has been in and out of the criminal justice system, both in Indiana and Kentucky, over the last few years, for burglary charges and that sort of thing," Hensley said.

Capt. Bill Thompson, head of investigations for the Daviess County Sheriff's Department, said Ipock was being sought on outstanding warrants and had not been reported missing.

If Ipock had associates who were involved in criminal activity, "that will make it more difficult" (...)

Detectives with the Indiana State Police continue to ask for the public's assistance with an investigation into the death and recovery of two bodies found last month in the Ohio River...

Detectives have learned that Ipock was last seen on May 4, 2016, at the Dairy Queen along Veterans Parkway in Clarksville, Indiana.
    The male body is still unidentified.

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

“Her cause of death was a severed carotid artery,” Ipock's mother, Karen Fox told WDRB. “Her throat was cut, and she was thrown in the river.”

Fox describes her daughter as funny, giving and lovable. She calls Ipock "far from perfect" and admits the Clarksville woman had her share of problems and even served time behind bars.

“She was getting her life back together, and in my opinion that’s why this happened,” Fox said. “Nobody deserves what happened to her."

Fox says she believes her daughter knew her killer.
    Surely investigators have some inkling as to who Ipock associated with and what affiliations were a factor in her life and potentially in her death?