CA CA - Jonathan Barmaki, 27, Buena Park, 30 April 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Missing Man's Car Found in Jacumba Hot Springs
barmaki.PNG

Officials are searching for a man who went missing from his Buena Park home last month.
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Missing-Mans-Car-Found-in-Jacumba-Hot-Springs--379542241.html

Very strange.

I want to know if the dog died because he was left in the car, or he died prior.

Buena Park is where he was seen at Target at night, then Valero gas the next morning.

He then drove south for 75 miles to Encinitas where he bought pet supplies for his dog. That's weird because it seems he would have brought those from home. He could have forgotten them.

He continued 90 miles south-southeast where his car was located in Jacumba Hot Springs. His phone and dog (deceased) were in the car.
I wish we could know what all the receipts were. I would want to know if the car was locked. Why would he leave his dog?

I wonder if he saw or heard something he shouldn't have and was 'silenced'.

Newer article with more detail:
http://www.10news.com/news/missing-...ego-area-mom-prays-for-his-safe-return-051516

My attempt at a timeline of his whereabouts, putting the info from the two articles together:

4/30 Sat, 3pm: Jonathan grabbed car keys and left home in Buena Park without saying goodbye, but did not set off alarm in his mother.

unknown time: receipts in car shows purchase at PetsMart in Encinitas, where he bought two pet bowls and other items.

5/7 Sat, 9:30pm: seen on surveillance video at Target store in National City (purchased toiletries, phone charger and clothing.)

5/8 Sun, 5am: surveillance video shows him buying gas at Valero gas station in National City.

Somewhere after 4/30 Sat: mother calls his phone and he doesn’t answer, so she worries.

5/9 Mon, 3am: police go to the Buena Park home and tell the mother her son's 2013 Honda Civic was found by Border Patrol. It had plenty of gas, and was on the side of Old Hwy 80, near a welcome sign in Jacumba Hot Springs. Car was locked, windows up. In front was his 15-year old dog, dead. Also in the car: newly purchased dog bowl and food, and his phone. Not in the car: keys and wallet.

Mother was told footprints led from the car 70 ft to a 25-ft border fence.

Drive distances, time estimates (using google maps)
Buena Park to Encinitas: 75.5 miles 1 hr 30 min drive
Encinitas to National City: 29.2 miles 36 min
National City to Jacumba Hot Springs: 71.3 miles 1 hr 10 min

Very puzzling, and alarming. Also, poor dog! With all the purchases Jonathan did, it makes it seem it was not a pre-planned trip.

Edited: Seems I got the dates wrong. Another updated article gives later dates. Hope I got it right, now.
http://eastcountymagazine.org/missi...hot-springs-disappearance-deemed-“suspicious”

Did the shoe size to the fence match Jonathan's? Or is it possible that the car was dumped? What shoes was he wearing and what size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if they are Jonathan's prints, why would he sneak IN to Mexico?

Maybe this wasn't the first time he's done something like this. Maybe he was repeating a task, and it went sideways.

Maybe this wasn't the first time he's done something like this. Maybe he was repeating a task, and it went sideways.

I'm guessing you mean some sort of illegal task correct? That too was my 1st thought.
But I'm curious about the dog, it's obvious the dog was alive during all his travels, and with the windows up, one would assume the dog died of heat or dehydration, which I guess could be considered natural causes; but then that brings up the question why did he leave his dog in the car? Was he just supposed to run up to the fence grab a package & be right back? Or did the dog die while out & about & he was going to pull over to bury him & someone did him harm....so many questions?!?!?

The dog was 15, so very old in his dog years. It's quite possible that he died of old age.
I'm curious to know if he worked? Where? What about friends? Someone must know why he was there. Weird.

All MOO!

The dog was 15, so very old in his dog years. It's quite possible that he died of old age.
I'm curious to know if he worked? Where? What about friends? Someone must know why he was there. Weird.

All MOO!

The 10 news link says he is a "professional house flipper" http://www.10news.com/news/missing-...ego-area-mom-prays-for-his-safe-return-051516 but not familiar with the San Diego area.

No other articles with new info that I can find.

If his cell phone was left in the car, you would hope they could glean a lot of clues from what is on it.

Maybe something happened to him like a carjacking and they took the dog? But did something terrible to him?

I looked at google maps of Jacumba Hot Springs and I just think why did he go there?

His car had plenty of gas per LE.

I wonder if he was planning something for the dog and it started having medical issues, he had to pull over and take care of it and something happened.

It just gets me thinking he bought the pet supplies and target stuff so far away and "on the way" of his journey rather than near his home.

Bumping for Jonathan.... I can't believe there's so little info:gaah:

Bumping for Jonathan.... I can't believe there's so little info:gaah:
I know!I feel as if NOTHING adds up, yet nobody is reporting on it ...did he have reason to leave, was he going to board his pup (even with a friend and hence the new items) before a trip, was there a significant other, did he run into trouble flipping homes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I wonder if he was planning something for the dog and it started having medical issues, he had to pull over and take care of it and something happened.

It just gets me thinking he bought the pet supplies and target stuff so far away and "on the way" of his journey rather than near his home.

I was also thinking that perhaps the dog was in distress or wouldn't wake up so he pulled over and freaked out or became despondent because his dog died so he was taking a minute to gather himself and a transient took advantage or something. He also could have just had to pee and someone took notice and robbed him.

We need to know more about these footprints, so add me to the list of people that want to know how many sets there were and if there was only one set what size they were. Did they match with Jonathan's? Even if they did he could have had a common shoe size so that might not mean anything, especially if the footprints were in a sandy type of dirt.

I would also like to know how much money he had on him.

It's been a long time. I just wonder where he was going, what made him take that route

Still nothing? This whole thing seems too weird to be true.. I would think they would have video surveillance or something like that along the border?? Guess not...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back