1019 users online (145 members and 874 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

IN - Infant abduction report, Bloomington, 15 May 2016

Infant abduction reported at Monroe County Public Library
    Bloomington police officers responded to reports of a woman abducting an infant from the Monroe County Public Library Sunday evening.
    Local and state police were alerted to a child abduction in progress after receiving a call at 5:34 p.m. Sunday evening.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/new...e52f6bd8c.html

Wow seems like they were able to follow the cell phone pings quite a ways. Wonder what happened after the last reported (in the article) one.... and wonder who the woman is? So vague.... poor baby, hope they find him/her asap.

In the above news article, it states a "visitation meeting". From that, I would suspect it was the birth mother.

The article sure didn't give any identifying information about the baby. Was it a boy or girl, white, black, Hispanic, hair or no hair?
    And what about information on the woman who took the baby? How is the public suppose to help with no information?

I did learn something new - that cell phones ping every 15 minutes. Did you all know that?

It appeared LE had a good track on this woman, so hope Baby has been found by now.

Preliminary reports stated that a woman wearing a gray sweatshirt and a jean jacket left the Monroe County Public Library with a newborn child after a visitation meeting. The search expanded from a block-by-block patrol to roadblocks along Ind. 37 within minutes.
    http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/new...e52f6bd8c.html

I wonder what the situation is here. It was a visitation meeting per the article. LE seems to know who the abductor is as they have her phone number. I hope this newborn is found safe!
    Last edited by LaborDayRN; 05-15-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1&2&3 View Post
    In the above news article, it states a "visitation meeting". From that, I would suspect it was the birth mother.

The article sure didn't give any identifying information about the baby. Was it a boy or girl, white, black, Hispanic, hair or no hair?
    And what about information on the woman who took the baby? How is the public suppose to help with no information?

I did learn something new - that cell phones ping every 15 minutes. Did you all know that?

It appeared LE had a good track on this woman, so hope Baby has been found by now.
    I guess we were typing at the same time! I agree, it may be the birth mother. You made a very good point. We have no information on the description of the baby or the abductor with the exception of her clothing. Clothing can be changed. What is her hair color, age, build, ethnicity?

Does anyone else find it odd that only one news outlet (at least that I can find) from the area has picked up the story so far? Even if authorities aren't asking for the public's help in locating the infant, roadblocks and block-by-block patrolling seem like they would be newsworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    Does anyone else find it odd that only one news outlet (at least that I can find) from the area has picked up the story so far? Even if authorities aren't asking for the public's help in locating the infant, roadblocks and block-by-block patrolling seem like they would be newsworthy.
    I found that very odd. Combined with no description of the infant, and the 'visitation meeting', the tracking of the phone.... easy to say now, but I did have much hope that this would end well, and quickly. So glad my gut feeling was correct. Sad situation all around though, I hope the mom gets the help she needs so she could possibly safely be able to take care of her baby sometime in the future.