790 users online (69 members and 721 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

AL - Girl, 5, Dale County, 15 May 2016

Authorities searching for missing child at Clayhatchee river
    Dale County officials are searching for a five-year-old girl who went missing at the river in Clayhatchee on Sunday, May 15.

http://www.southeastsun.com/news/art...871c23fa0.html

Oh no 😕

From the Dale County Sheriff's Office:

Active search underway at the Clayhatchee boat ramp for a missing 5 yoa female who was last seen swimming with family. Divers are in the water and the DCSO aviation unit is on scene. Please pray for the family of the victim and 1st responders as the search continues.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...06203676222319

let there be a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by labordayrn View Post
    Let there be a miracle!
    yes!!!

I am feeling a bit hopeless about this one. O, I am hoping for a true miracle but this seems very impossible.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index....ctawhatch.html

Apparently, the 5 year old and two siblings all went under water and rescuers got the two siblings out but could not find the 5 year old.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

How horrible! I wonder what caused them all to go under the water. It sounds as if they knew how to swim.

This is local to me. It's a very dangerous place, but yet remains a popular place to swim. Its the local boat ramp into the river and popular with swimmers. I can't believe people especially those with young children still go there to swim. It needs to be closed to swimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    This is local to me. It's a very dangerous place, but yet remains a popular place to swim. Its the local boat ramp into the river and popular with swimmers. I can't believe people especially those with young children still go there to swim. It needs to be closed to swimmers.
    Is it super-deep there?

It can be deep or shallow. We've canoed down the river in the summer and had to get out and push the canoes across sand bars there. However it's a different story after rain. Right now it's kind of average if there is such a thing. The danger lies in the current which can be deceptive and swift. The bottom is always changing due to the current. Deep holes can be washed out. You can be standing in a shallow spot and step off into a hole over your head. This makes it especially dangerous for children and weak swimmers.

is it rough waters? why should it be closed to swimming?

The current can be quite strong. That, and the reasons I stated above are why I think it should be closed to swimming. There has already been one drowning there this year. Hardly a year goes by that there isn't a drowning there. Usually a young adult male or teen.

AL - 5 year old girl, Choctawhatchee river, Dale County, 15 May 2016

Search resumes for missing 5-year-old girl at Clayhatchee - Local - Dothan Eagle
    Updated 3 hours ago

[...]
    Dale County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Mason Bynum said law enforcement officers and rescuers resumed their search at 7 a.m. Monday for the 5-year-old.

Bynum said divers from the Houston County Search and Rescue team were searching the water Monday morning while officers from multiple other agencies searched the land.

Bynum said deputies and officials from the Dale County Sheriff’s Office, the Houston County Sheriff’s Office, the Dale County Sheriff’s Office, the Clayhatchee Police Department, the Clayhatchee Fire Department and the Henry County Rescue Unit have been assisting in the search. He said they have also used a helicopter from the Wiregrass Aviation Support Program (WASP).

[...]

“She was wading in the water with other family, and when we arrived yesterday there were probably 50 to 75 people on the beach enjoying the afternoon,” Bynum said. “She waded too far and the current swept her and she couldn’t swim and just went down river. We don’t know how far down she went.”

Bynum said the people were swimming in the river in the area of the Clayhatchee boat ramp off Highway 92 at the border of Houston and Dale counties in the Wicksburg community.

http://m.dothaneagle.com/news/local/....html?mode=jqm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Your link has a new article.
    They found her body.
    So sad.

http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/loca...ae5136a93.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast