Ivan
Reaction score
Margaret Doe from California

Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Short blonde and gray
Height: 5'0-5'6”
Clothing: Black yoga pants & light-colored shirt

On May 13, 2015, the victim was found in Corcoran, King's County, California.
DO YOU KNOW HER?

Victim: FemaleFound: May 13, 2015
Location: 6th Avenue & Homeland Canal in Corcoran, California
If you have any information regarding the identification of the individual please contact:King's County Sheriff's Office, 1444 W LaceyBlvd, Hanford, CA., 93230, 559-852-2804

Agency Case Number: 15K012006

It was right around the holidays and I was thinking of all the goodies I wanted to make. I brought out all of my cookbooks and flipped through the worn pages as I tied on my apron to begin the festive baking. I love how the aroma and the warmth spread throughout my home. I wondered how many I should make this year. I wondered if anyone would come visit me.
I just had to lay down for a moment, but unfortunately, I never woke up. I had been there quite a while until someone found me, quite a long while indeed. When they discovered me, I had been dead for about six months to a year. Maybe no one could make it over for a visit during that time. Maybe my children were all too busy with their own lives. Did I even have children? Maybe my caregiver was tired of taking care of me and didn’t think anyone would notice. No one did.
Whoever it was that finally found me lying on the sofa decided it was best to roll me up in a tarp and discard me on the side of the road. What would make someone do that? Did they want the money I received every month? Did they need it that badly? Was it someone I knew? Was it someone too afraid to call for help?
My body was discovered in May of 2015 in Corcoran, California, in King's County. They found my remains at 6[SUP]th[/SUP] Avenue and Homeland Canal. I may have been from a surrounding city like Hanford or Selma or Farmersville. I may have been from somewhere even farther, like Bakersfield or Modesto, and they drove me to a remote town where no one knew me.
I was wearing black yoga pants and a light-colored top. I was Caucasian and stood between 5’0” and 5’6”. I had short blonde hair with remnants of gray. I was 60 to 70 years old. My bones were frail, but that's just what happens with age. Is my family looking for me? Did they do this to me? Please help me find the answers. Do you know me?

If you have any information about this person, please contact:

King's County Sheriff's Office
1444 W Lacey Blvd
Hanford, CA 93230
559-852-2804

View her profile data here: Kings California Jane Doe May 2015

http://canyouidentifyme.org/sites/default/files/Kings California Jane Doe May 2015 flyer_0.pdf

Monday, December 14, 2015

how sad :(
was she found on a sofa wrapped in a tarp?

http://www.mylemooreleader.com/126501

[h=1]Kings County Sheriff seeks help in identifying remains found near Corcoran[/h]
Friday, February 19, 2016 - 11:33amBY THE LEADER STAFF

JaneDoeDec18.jpg
Sheriff seeks help in identifying Jane Doe

The Kings County Sheriff’s Department has released a “facially reconstructed” image of what appears to be a middle-aged woman whose remains were found in May of 2015 near Corcoran. Kings County Sheriff’s said to this date, they have been unable to identify the remains through a variety of sources and are now seeking the public’s assistance in identifying the woman.
On Wednesday, May 13, 2015, Deputies received a report of human remains located along the 42000 block of 6th Ave in Corcoran. Kings County Sheriff's Detectives took over the investigation and verified the presence of human remains. The remains of an unidentified female adult were located wrapped in a tarp and dumped along 6th Ave near the Homeland Canal in southern Kings County approximately 15 miles south of Corcoran and 5 miles north of the Kern County line. The remains were in an advance stage of decomposition and it appeared the body had been deceased for several months. Due to the advanced stages of decomposition, detectives were unable to recover any fingerprints or any other identifying characteristics. The victim was wearing a light colored, horizontally stripped t-shirt, black loose-fitting yoga type pants, and Depends type underwear.Over the past few months, Kings County Sheriff's Detectives have been reviewing missing person’s cases throughout the state in an attempt to determine the identity of the victim, but have been unsuccessful in positively identifying her. The victim's DNA has also been uploaded into the California Department of Justice database for missing persons and there have been no matches up to this point. A forensic anthropologist conducted an examination of the remains and determined the victim is an older-adult female, of European decent, well over 45 years and most likely well over 60 years old. The victim may have been between 5-foot to 5-foot 6 inches tall and likely had gray or graying blond hair. The victim had no teeth and it appeared she was prepped for a full set of upper and lower dentures; however, no dentures were located. The anthropologist also determined the victim had severe osteoporosis and believes if the victim was mobile, she would have likely been hunched over. However, there's a good chance the victim was bed-ridden. The anthropologist also noted an old fracture of the nose which resulted in a slight skewing of the nose to the left. Additionally, an old fracture of the pelvic area was noted possibly due to an impact to the pelvis, possibly indicative of significant trauma earlier in life. Based on the condition of the remains at the time of the anthropologist’s examination, the anthropologist believes the time of death to be somewhere between six weeks to one year. The estimated time of death is somewhere between May, 2014 and April, 2015. Up to this point in the investigation, Detectives have been unable to identify the victim. Subsequently, Detectives reached out to a non-profit organization, “Can You Identify Me?” to have a facial reconstruction completed. Jane Billingham, the forensic art program manager completed the reconstruction during a live forensic art exhibit at the Mob Museum in Las Vegas, Nevada. Anyone with any information regarding this case, is urged to contact Detective Weimer with the Kings County Sheriff's Office with any of the following methods:(559) 852-2804 - Desk(559) 362-1758 - Cell phone and text messagingsamuel.weimer@co.kings.ca.us More information regarding Can You Identify Me can be found at www.canyouidentifyme.org.

The victim had no teeth and it appeared she was prepped for a full set of upper and lower dentures; however, no dentures were located.

Does anyone know if there's any way of telling how recently her mouth might have been prepped for dentures? I notice she was significantly decomposed when found but the anthropologist was able to ascertain the work had been carried out.

So there was an elderly woman who had prep work done for dentures but who didn't turn up to have the work completed. I wonder if they made enquiries of dentists in CA?

Hmm. The anthropologist also says there's a good chance she was bedridden. How would such a person access dental services? A wheelchair? Or are there mobile dentists in the same way as there are mobile chiropractors, hair dressers and suchlike?

Most likely this is a case of Social Security fraud. When someone receiving Social Security dies the check stops. If someone dies at home and there is no official record of the death, family members are tempted to dump the body somewhere and keep the checks coming; usually to a bank account they have access to.

Most likely this is a case of Social Security fraud. When someone receiving Social Security dies the check stops. If someone dies at home and there is no official record of the death, family members are tempted to dump the body somewhere and keep the checks coming; usually to a bank account they have access to.
Unfortunately I tend to agree. Such a situation would make identification very difficult.

This is such a sad case :( I hate cases that could be social security fraud...

[h=1]FBI creates 3-D images of Kings County remains found 2 years ago[/h]
KINGS COUNTY, Calif. - Asking for the public's help, the Kings County Sheriff's Department shared 3-D facial renderings belonging to remains found in Kings County. The remains were found back in May 2015 in the southern part of the county near the Kern and Tulare county lines.

When found, the remains were primarily skeleton and partially mummified. With no identifying characteristics, Kings County sheriff's detective Sam Weimer said the work to identify her has been extensive.

"I've reached out to all the surrounding counties," he said. "I comb through missing persons several times a week in an attempt to identify her."
http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/ne...gs-county-remains-found-2-years-ago/729302748

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back