751 users online (70 members and 681 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Cody Michael, 23, Donner Summit, Placer County, 16 May 2016

Authorities search for 23-year-old man missing with his dog near Donner Summit

Authorities are looking for a 23-year-old man and his German shepherd who went missing Monday while hiking near Donner Summit.

http://mynews4.com/news/local/author...-donner-summit

texted his folks that picture Monday morning, saying he was leaving the area soon. Who took the pic? Where or what is doggie looking toward? Vehicle found at trailhead.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Loch Leven trail looks to circle around several lakes (loch, I get it). Could doggie have been in distress and Cody went in to help? Grasping at straws - he looks very fit - pics show just how many vehicles are there with folks trying to help - wow.

ETA: and of course, anyone could have accessed Cody's phone to send the pic.
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    texted his folks that picture Monday morning, saying he was leaving the area soon. Who took the pic? Where or what is doggie looking toward? Vehicle found at trailhead.
    The comments may help answer some questions. (Look for RBD's comment about 3 hrs ago and then look for CD's reply)

https://www.facebook.com/PlacerSheri...199132/?type=3

so either a group he was with took the pic, or he took it himself with a self timer - that is what I get from the comments. My questions were early on and I figured answers to those would start trickling out - was just posting some brainstorming ideas.
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Just saw this on my local news. I hope he's found quickly. It's gorgeous if not even a little hot around here in the valley today (94 degrees where I live; looks like around 65 degrees high around Donner). Of course it'll be cold at night, but it looks like he has a good pack so hopefully he's well prepared. I hope he's found really soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    so either a group he was with took the pic, or he took it himself with a self timer - that is what I get from the comments. My questions were early on and I figured answers to those would start trickling out - was just posting some brainstorming ideas.
    Someone commented that their hiking group took the photo of him on Sunday (not his group.. he was solo with dog) I'm assuming from comments that they used his phone to take the photo and then he texted the photo to his family with the update that he was expecting to be back Monday. The group that took the photo notified the Sheriff of the location and where Cody told them he was heading to. (somewhere to the 'second lake' )

Fingers crossed they locate him soon.

There wasn't much of an update on the news tonight except they did say his cell phone battery was almost dead, so that's probably why they haven't heard from him again via text. At first it sounded ominous but now I'm just thinking dead battery. They look pretty well prepared for the hike so I am hoping they're okay even if they have a chilly night up there together. They should have plenty of water, and his pack looks like he's got food and hopefully warmer clothes in it. Facebook finally posted the dog's name too, Bauer (not sure on the spelling).

Sending warm thoughts to both of them tonight and hoping they are found tomorrow. For some reason I keep picturing Bauer leading rescuers to Cody, if he's stuck or injured.

I'm very worried. .. His dog is gorgeous and is very likely with Cody as we speak, I'd trust a GSD in this situation over any other breed I know. *fingers crossed *

Not much more, but here's an updated article: http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/...hiker/39590994.

I thought this was interesting: Michael’s father told KCRA 3 that his son graduated from Sacramento State and recently started working with the Placer County Sheriff’s Office in the juvenile division.

https://www.facebook.com/PlacerSheri...type=3&theater

7 a.m. search update:

More than 30 searchers headed out this morning in their continued search for missing hiker Cody Michael in the Loch Leven trail area.
    More at link
    "What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.”
    --Thomas Sowell

CA -Cody Michael, 23 - Placer County - 5/17/16

The Placer County Sheriff's Office is conducting a search and rescue operation near Donner Summit for a hiker and his dog who didn't return home as planned on Monday.
    If anyone was hiking in the Loch Leven area, near Hampshire Rocks Road, on Sunday or Monday, and saw Cody Michael and his German shepherd, please call the Sheriff's Office at 530-886-5375.
    Cody, who resides in Rocklin, texted this photo to his family Monday morning, and he said he would be leaving the area by noon. They haven't heard from his since.
    Placer County Sheriff's Search and Rescue ground and dog teams are hiking the area. The CHP is assisting with air support.
    Cody A. Michael is 23 years old, stands 5-feet, 10-inches tall, and weighs 175 pounds. He has brown hair and green eyes. He was last seen wearing the clothes in the photo. His vehicle was found at the trailhead.
    Last edited by moonriverfarm; 05-18-2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: omission

Attached Images Attached Images

Video from Cody Monday morning: https://www.facebook.com/PlacerSheri...5809923806838/. I assume this erases any doubt he's the one who sent the video and text. But where is he? I really thought he'd be found by now.

Here's an update, although without much new information.
    http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/...hiker/39614264

Man, I really thought he was going to be found today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast