OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities. As U.S. 23 leads away from Columbus, business parks and strip malls give way to lush stretches of farmland dotted with old farmhouses and rusted silos. Farther south into the Appalachian foothills, churches, pickup trucks and Confederate flags become more common.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

MOD NOTE: Tricia has given permission for sleuths to discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

MOD NOTE: Please don't speculate about the current custody of the minor children who were left alive. It is a blessing they are alive. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. one day they will google their names. And plenty will come up. Thanks.

MOD NOTE: DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

The Victims
Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

Please continue here

Ok I've been thinking this for a while. I honestly believe that LM'S interview didn't come across the way he meant it to.
JMO
He was infuriated with the police because they focused on his son's license plates and towed the truck while his family lay dead in those trailers. I can empathize. An invalid license plate is nothing compared to the loss of one life let alone eight. His daughter, his grandbabies, all gone. And LE wants to take the truck because of a license plate? Why is that a priority?
Also, in listening to his first interview where he describes the altercation hw had with LE, I hear him say if "someone came kicking down my door and didn't say they were a deputy.. look out"
This man has been thrust into the spotlight and has no idea how to manage it.
I can't begin to imagine it how it would feel to have one child dead, let alone deal with that and know that the best theory LE can come up with is that his other daughter is responsible. It is no wonder he is frustrated with LE.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

His daughter is at the center of the investigation because she placed her self there, maybe innocently enough. But she walked through to crime scenes before the police could arrive and that makes her an subject of interest even if she weren't holding two small children who have witnessed a crime. LM is a grown man and he certainly understands the situation. IMO

JMO

In the image with the black truck, who is the cop arresting there? (hands behind his back?)

In the image with the black truck, who is the cop arresting there? (hands behind his back?)

He isn't arresting anyone. That's Dana's brother and he just just clasping his hands behind his back. He didn't get arrested.

Oddball question of the week from me.

Where were DR and her children living before she moved closer to CR?

He isn't arresting anyone. That's Dana's brother and he just just clasping his hands behind his back. He didn't get arrested.

Here's a closer look. They're just clasped while he is looking through the window.
a73136d822fd2560043067cb67085085.jpg

Ok I've been thinking this for a while. I honestly believe that LM'S interview didn't come across the way he meant it to.
JMO
He was infuriated with the police because they focused on his son's license plates and towed the truck while his family lay dead in those trailers. I can empathize. An invalid license plate is nothing compared to the loss of one life let alone eight. His daughter, his grandbabies, all gone. And LE wants to take the truck because of a license plate? Why is that a priority?
Also, in listening to his first interview where he describes the altercation hw had with LE, I hear him say if "someone came kicking down my door and didn't say they were a deputy.. look out"
This man has been thrust into the spotlight and has no idea how to manage it.
I can't begin to imagine it how it would feel to have one child dead, let alone deal with that and know that the best theory LE can come up with is that his other daughter is responsible. It is no wonder he is frustrated with LE.

i would say when LE rolls up on a scene and the are numerous dead bodies killed in an execution style manner, they are shutting everything down. If Gods car was out front of one of homes that day, he wasn't moving it. If he tried to move it I'm sure they were going to find a reason he wasn't. These people woke up to a unimaginable amount of loved ones slaughtered. This horrific scene playing out on a normally whispering road. Everyone including LE was in absolute shock and disbelief of what was unfolding. Very good chance he jumped in his truck to just get away from it all and LE stopped him in order to keep the scene as they found it by calling him out on the plates.

Does anyone know if the Mothers of IJ's babies are related or friends. I don't buy that "they thought they would get the 25000.00 reward" bit. I would think it really odd that not one but two of his ex's called to tell LE he did it. It shows what kind of person he has showed himself to be, to his ex girlfriends at least, when not one but two of his ex's think he is capable of murdering 8 people and virtually wiping out an entire branch of a family. That's not something I would want any ex of mine thinking let alone two ex's.

His daughter is at the center of the investigation because she placed her self there, maybe innocently enough. But she walked through to crime scenes before the police could arrive and that makes her an subject of interest even if she weren't holding two small children who have witnessed a crime. LM is a grown man and he certainly understands the situation. IMO

JMO

I'm sure he understands but it doesn't make the situation any less painful. Also I imagine they had already interrogated her for hours that day then they showed up at 3:41am to do it again, so I can see where he's coming from.

Does anyone know if the Mothers of IJ's babies are related or friends. I don't buy that "they thought they would get the 25000.00 reward" bit. I would think it really odd that not one but two of his ex's called to tell LE he did it. It shows what kind of person he has showed himself to be, to his ex girlfriends at least, when not one but two of his ex's think he is capable of murdering 8 people and virtually wiping out an entire branch of a family. That's not something I would want any ex of mine thinking let alone two ex's.

I am sorry to ask but, I have not heard this before. Can you please point me to the direction of this info about the ex calling LE? Thank you

Never mind, I found the article:
http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ction-with-rhoden-murders-maintains-innocence

JMO
To be fair I don't know what else one would expect BJM to do. When she entered CRSR'S trailer she had no idea it was a crime scene. For all she knew CRSr was injured and needed help. I would imagine that finding that one scene was bad enough and it never crossed her mind that FR'S trailer was another. As far as taking the babies out, she made a decision. She wasn't leaving the babies in there, I'm willing to bet preserving the crime scene didn't even cross her mind in the face of what she was seeing.
That doesn't mean I don't question her story, (first the dogs are loose then they're missing, them they're on the front friggin porch)(first she's alone, then she has a friend, and what exactly was she doing from 7 until 7:50)
But I believe with every fiber of my heart that had she left the babies and preserved the scene she'd still be criticized and perhaps seen as more of a suspect. It's as no win for her.

That doesn't mean I don't question her story, (first the dogs are loose then they're missing, them they're on the front friggin porch)(first she's alone, then she has a friend, and what exactly was she doing from 7 until 7:50)

(snipped by me for brevity)
I've been keeping an eye on this can of worms. :worms:
I'm very curious what her experience was that morning. We certainly aren't getting the full story.

To be fair I don't know what else one would expect BJM to do. When she entered CRSR'S trailer she had no idea it was a crime scene. For all she knew CRSr was injured and needed help. I would imagine that finding that one scene was bad enough and it never crossed her mind that FR'S trailer was another. As far as taking the babies out, she made a decision. She wasn't leaving the babies in there, I'm willing to bet preserving the crime scene didn't even cross her mind in the face of what she was seeing.
But I believe with every fiber of my heart that had she left the babies and preserved the scene she'd still be criticized and perhaps seen as more of a suspect. It's as no win for her.

If you remember the lady on the 911 call told Bobby Jo to stay out of the trailer, don't let anybody in there. And Bobby Jo replied I'm done out of there. She was aware that it was her responsibility to stay out of the crime scene. Mine is not so much a critique of what she did as it is an awareness of how this would look to law-enforcement and what a serious issue it is. I certainly expect someone of LM's age to behave responsibly in public regardless how he feels.

Totally agree. Also, if she'd left little B in there, apart from any added trauma he might have experienced from being with his dead father and stepmother (OK I know they weren't actually married, but that was the functional relatonship) - he could have messed up the scene.

There are so many twists and turns much less associations involved in this case. I believe if it is solved it will be either so simple or so bizarre that no one saw that coming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk