GUILTY CA - Officer Adam Brown for child molestation, Riverside, 2004

Tom'sGirl

Former Member
Reaction score
If this was posted elsewhere, I apologize!

Child-sex-ring convict returned to area

A former Riverside police officer convicted in Wisconsin for his role in a widespread child-sex and *advertiser censored* ring has been brought back to Riverside to answer charges that he also repeatedly sexually assaulted four boys here.
Adam James Brown, 32, was booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside about 5 p.m. Thursday and is being held without bail, said Ingrid Wyatt, spokeswoman for the Riverside County district attorney's office.

Prosecutors filed an arrest warrant against Brown 18 months ago, charging him with 65 felonies, Wyatt said.

Brown, a former school resource officer and volunteer wrestling coach, is scheduled to be arraigned Oct. 20. Thirty-one of the charges involve allegations that Brown used force or violence against the children. He also is accused of allowing two of the boys to play with a handgun.

He resigned from the Police Department after FBI agents arrested him in early 2004.

This summer, a federal judge in Wisconsin sentenced Brown to 30 years in prison for his role in an Internet sex ring that preyed on children.

Authorities said Brown flew to Beaver Dam, Wis., in 2002, to have sex with boys who were supplied by a Wisconsin man he had met on the Internet. Brown paid the man thousands of dollars for the encounters, which took place at hotels, according to court records.

Federal prosecutors had filed four charges against Brown, who pleaded guilty to two as part of a plea agreement.

At his sentencing, Brown read a one-page letter, apologizing to his victims, his family and to society. He asked to be transferred to the federal prison in Victorville.

Riverside County prosecutors have long said Brown would be returned home to answer to the local charges after the federal case was finished.

Allison Nelson, the Riverside County supervising deputy district attorney, said Friday that she hoped Brown would spare his victims, the Police Department, his family and the community a trial.

"I hope he'll do the same thing he did in Wisconsin and plead guilty and take responsibility for his actions," Nelson said. "He needs to be in prison for the rest of his life."

Nelson said a victim-witness advocate from her office contacted the families of the children authorities said Brown abused to let them know he had been returned to Riverside.

Authorities have said the crimes were committed from 1998 -- the year Brown became a police officer -- through at least 2002. None of the crimes is alleged to have occurred while Brown was on duty.

Brown abused one boy more than 100 times and kept the child quiet by threatening suicide, according to an arrest declaration filed in Riverside County Superior Court.

Witness statements and hundreds of sexually explicit photographs from a camera belonging to Brown support the charges, prosecutors have said.

If convicted of all local charges, Brown could face 35 sentences of 15 years to life in prison plus an additional 66 years in prison, authorities have said.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_M_brown15.2312db50.html[/font]

When our children are little, we tell them to trust a police officer. We tell them if they get lost, they should approach a police officer. If they have problems they can tell a police officer. If someone hurts them to tell a police officer. For me, when a police officer commits a crime against a child- they violated not only the child and the parents, but their dept. and society as a whole.
This man not only abused a child, he conspired with someone else to commit the crime.
If an officer is killed, there is usually a quick response from the LE community and stronger punishments for the perpetrator of the crime.
I believe when an officer commits a crime like this, he should also recieve stronger punishment.
This man should have gotten nothing less than life imprisonment.

mysteriew said:
When our children are little, we tell them to trust a police officer. We tell them if they get lost, they should approach a police officer. If they have problems they can tell a police officer. If someone hurts them to tell a police officer. For me, when a police officer commits a crime against a child- they violated not only the child and the parents, but their dept. and society as a whole.
This man not only abused a child, he conspired with someone else to commit the crime.
If an officer is killed, there is usually a quick response from the LE community and stronger punishments for the perpetrator of the crime.
I believe when an officer commits a crime like this, he should also recieve stronger punishment.
This man should have gotten nothing less than life imprisonment.
I completely agree with you, this made me sick especially when I read the Internet part and I couldn't help but think of JED's perversion on the Net. This could have come to such a conclusion, and the thought really upsets me:mad: .

I hope in view of of what happened to our local child, Anthony Martinez that the courts here will "fry" the *advertiser censored*.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back