Bosma Murder Trial 05.18.16 - Day 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News
Colin Butler CBC Toronto News
Lisa Hepfner CHCH News Reporter

General MSM Tweets

Also, check here for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial: Cross-examination of Mark Smich continues today
CBC News Posted: May 18, 2016

tim-bosma.jpg

Mark Smich returns to the witness box today for more cross-examination, a day after jurors in the Tim Bosma murder trial in Hamilton heard how the co-accused wrote rap lyrics about killing people and running from the police.

Smich was grilled Tuesday by Nadir Sachak, lawyer for Dellen Millard, who's also charged with first-degree murder, and the jury saw video of Smich rapping: "Get slapped with my gun hand muthaphuka! Leave you dead, with some contraband muthaphuka! My 380 is NO stranger, when Im angered you're in danger."

WARNING: Story contains graphic language; Follow our live coverage starting at 10 a.m. ET

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

I'm back at the Tim Bosma trial today. Follow along for updates all day.
by Adam Carter 9:11 AM

For video of Mark Smich's rap, read my recap from yesterday:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-mark-smich-dellen-millard-trial-1.3585464
by Adam Carter 9:54 AM

Dellen Millard's lawyer Nadir Sachak will continue his cross-examination this morning. It was slow going yesterday, but we'll see where he goes today.
by Adam Carter 9:56 AM

Court is now underway, but the jury hasn't brought in yet.
by Adam Carter 10:04 AM

Legal arguments, first.
by Adam Carter 10:04 AM

What accent is Smich going for in that video, anyone know? Or is it just 'wannabe gangsta'?

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 6m6 minutes ago
Housekeeping matter up first for #timbosma.Shouldn't be long. @AM900CHML

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 6m6 minutes ago
Judge seated. Dealing with some legal issues first. The cross begins. #Bosma @CTVNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7m7 minutes ago
#Bosma jury will be in shortly. Smich will face Millard lawyer Nadir Sachak once again when they arrive. Another full day? @CHCHNews 6pm

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
We're in court this morning at Tim Bosma's murder trial. Legal arguments are happening at the moment. Tweet soon. #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 24s24 seconds ago
We're in legal arguments right now at the Tim #Bosma murder trial. Today accused killer Mark Smich will resume cross-exam by Nadir Sachak.

What accent is Smich going for in that video, anyone know? Or is it just 'wannabe gangsta'?

Considering that his eyes are actually blue and they look black in that video thanks to his drug use, I'd say he was just trying to read and get the words out without slurring. ;)

MOO

Is there still lineups for this trial? Sachak may have dampened the demand for today.

MOO

Considering that his eyes are actually blue and they look black in that video thanks to his drug use, I'd say he was just trying to read and get the words out without without slurring. ;)

MOO

Touché!

Is there still lineups for this trial? Sachak may have dampened the demand for today.

MOO

I believe it was tweeted at the beginning of the day yesterday that it was NOT a full house in the courtroom. :D

Jury now being called in.
by Adam Carter 10:22 AM

Goodman gives the jury an instruction to disregard a statement Smich said about Millard not testifying, because Millard cannot respond.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Jury is back. Mark Smich is back on the stand. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Jury in... #timbosma @AM900CHML

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
#Bosma jury coming now. Smich is on the stand, in a royal blue sweater with white collar shirt showing at his neck.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 45s45 seconds ago
...not testifying. Judge says at this point in the trial Millard cannot respond. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 45s45 seconds ago
Justice Goodman tells the jury to disregard Smich's comment yesterday about Dellen Millard's not testifying. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 42s42 seconds ago
Judge addressing jury - Re: Smich comment about Millard not testifying, they to disregard statement, bc he can't respond #Bosma @CTVNews

Goodman gives the jury an instruction to disregard a statement Smich said about Millard not testifying, because Millard cannot respond.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

Bet that hurts DM more than anyone. He definitely likes to be heard.

MOO

Sachak starts by saying Smich loved Marlena Meneses. He says they were planning to have a child. "It was a thought more than a plan," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:25 AM

Smich says the two had talked about marriage. Marlena Meneses mentioned marrying Smich in a text message court saw.
by Adam Carter 10:26 AM

"She was extremely good to me," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:26 AM

Meneses left home because things at home were bad, Sachak says. Smich says he doesn't know the whole story about that.
by Adam Carter 10:27 AM

Meneses left her home at 18 or 19, and moved in with Smich at his mother's house.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Mark Smich back in the witness box, jury is here. #Bosma

Sachak asks Smich about his girlfriend. They were in love, they had talked about having a baby. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak and Meneses were so in love they planned to have a child, Sachak is asking Smich.

"She wanted to marry you." "I guess. You know, We had conversations about things," Smich says

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Smich was staying at her sister Elizabeth Meneses's place with her after Millard's arrest.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
He and Marlena had also talked about getting married. She texted her sister from Smich's sisters wedding saying "our wedding is next" #Bosma

"She was extremely good to me," Smich agrees. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 56s56 seconds ago
Smich agrees she had problems at home when she left to move in with him. He doesn't know the extent. #Bosma

Marlena sent her sister a text from Smich sister's wedding, "We're next." Smich says, "Ya, I seen that."

"She was very good to you." "Yes. She was extremely good to me." Marlena left home at 18-19 because of probs with stepdad

Things were horrible? "I don't know the full extent because we just met a few months before that, she told me bits and pieces."

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
But he agrees with Sachak that it was enough for her to pack her bags and leave. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Marlena left home at 18 or 19 because of problems at home. Smich helped her move out. #Bosma

She stayed with Smich at his mom's house for about a year. #Bosma

"You assaulted miss Marlena Meneses," Sachak says. "I think I assaulted her once and that was the end of it," Smich says. Sachak says that was "physically beating a girl of 18 or 19 who left her home."
by Adam Carter 10:29 AM

Smich says he "isn't sure exactly" how he hurt her. "It wasn't like I beat her or anything like that. It was just one time I got physical with her."
by Adam Carter 10:30 AM

"I sort of grabbed her, somehow ... I don't recall." Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:30 AM

"She was screaming and crying," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 10:31 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member