CA CA - Matthew Flores, 26, Santa Clara, 24 March 1994

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.sanjoseinside.com/2016/05/17/100000-reward-renewed-for-santa-clara-cold-case-murder/

8:11am —Matt Flores drove a rented Chevrolet Corsica into the parking lot of his new Applied Materials job the morning of March 24, 1994.

The 26-year-old engineer and Rhode Island native had been hired by the Santa Clara company just weeks before, fresh out of the Army and ready to start a new life in Silicon Valley with his wife, Denise, and his infant daughter, Danielle.

8:15am — Flores was dead, shot execution-style, a point-blank bullet to the head...

Twenty-two years later the murder remains unsolved, despite a $100,000 reward offered right after Flores’ death and again in 2011. On Monday, authorities announced that Applied Materials has reissued the six-figure incentive.

http://www.mercurynews.com/scott-herhold/ci_29900056/matt-flores-killing-22-year-old-mystery

“The timing is particularly poignant on two counts," said Simitian. "Just a week or so ago, Matt’s 22-year-old daughter graduated from college with academic honors, an accomplished young woman who never knew her Dad. It’s also a poignant time because tomorrow, Tuesday, May 17, would have been Matt’s 49th birthday, a birthday family and friends continue to remember but are unable to celebrate”...

The best clue police ever came up with was the 1990s Ford Explorer seen on security video entering and leaving the parking lot around when Flores was murdered.

Here's a theory:

http://www.mercurynews.com/scott-herhold/ci_29900056/matt-flores-killing-22-year-old-mystery

The MF case was especially tragic, given that this young guy had everything going for him (nice family, was starting a great job, etc.) and got killed in his prime.

I don't see any kind of "conspiracy" here re: this case. MF was only on his job for 9 days prior to his death, so I doubt this was connected to his work - or his past life. It seems evident that it was a case of mistaken identity, as the video footage (in the UM segment) strongly implies.

That being said, unless the case is solved - we'll never know for sure.

This MF case is one of those that I keep coming back to. It's so disturbing & on the surface, seemingly random - which is what makes it especially unsettling.

When I first saw this UM segment early last year (which led to my previous post) - I was of the strong opinion that MF was killed because of a case of "mistaken identity". However, the more I think about this - it's probably more plausible that he was specifically targeted for some reason. I initially thought he wouldn't have made any enemies at his job since he hadn't worked there for long, but that's not really true. And, it's also plausible that this could have been a case where he angered someone while driving - and the person followed him into the parking lot - i.e., road rage...maybe.

The other possibility is that someone who hated him knew his work routine & time that he got to work, etc. - followed him into the parking lot, committed the crime, and left. And, this person may - or may not - have been connected to his job.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back