803 users online (106 members and 697 guests)  

Websleuths News

MS - Ashley Andrews, 12, strangled, Carriere, 12 Oct 2005

The mother and stepfather of a 12-year-old Carriere girl were charged Friday with capital murder after an autopsy revealed the child had been strangled, authorities said.

Pearl River County sheriff's deputies were called to the Crosby Memorial Hospital in Poplarville late Wednesday night when doctors caring for Ashley Andrews found signs of long-term child abuse.

After an initial court appearance Friday, Dillard was charged with capital murder, sexual battery and statutory rape. Christina Andrews was charged with capital murder.
    http://www.thejacksonchannel.com/new...92/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Here's an update on the story from the local paper where this happened.

http://picayuneitem.com/articles/200...ews/01girl.txt

I found this statement kind of odd: Aaron Russell, chief deputy for Pearl River County, said another child, described as an infant, was taken into the care of the Department of Human Services.

They don't say this is the baby of Christina and Shaun Dillard. Could it be the child of the 12 years old and her step-father? Could the baby be the 'evidence of long term abuse?"

EDIT: Oops, I take that back. In the first article it says that Ashley was a student in 7th grade. Surely if she'd been pregnant the school would have reported it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    They don't say this is the baby of Christina and Shaun Dillard. Could it be the child of the 12 years old and her step-father? Could the baby be the 'evidence of long term abuse?"

EDIT: Oops, I take that back. In the first article it says that Ashley was a student in 7th grade. Surely if she'd been pregnant the school would have reported it.
    If she had had a child, the school most likely wouldn't have reported it, unless the school had gotten some hint that an adult was the father of the child. It isn't illegal for the child to have sex, unless the sexual partner was an adult. The school might have talked to her to try to draw her out about the father, but unless they got some hint it was an adult, they couldn't do anything about it.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

“She did not call attention to herself.” quote that makes me ill.

WTF!!!
    Are you kidding me???
    OK yes lets blame the 12 YO. SHE did not bring attention to herself????
    I m sorry but isn't that some one elses job???

Shaun Dillard

Housed: MSP
    Entry Date: 11/12/2008

Offense: Capital Murder
    Sentence: LWOP
    ==============================

Christina Dillard

Housed: CMCF - Women's
    Entry Date: 07/27/2009

Offense: Manslaughter
    Sentence: 20 years

Tentative Release Date: 01/11/2025