931 users online (187 members and 744 guests)  

Websleuths News

More Than A Dozen Red Cross Call Center Employees Indicted On Federal Charges

More than a dozen people from the Red Cross Call Center in Bakersfield have been indicted on federal charges of wire fraud for stealing money earmarked for hurricane Katrina victims.

At least seven of the 15 suspects appeared in Federal Court today and pled not guilty.

The U.S Attorney General says four suspects remain on the loose. Federal prosecutors say some were employees at the hurricane Katrina relief center and the others were associated with someone who worked there.

They are accused of obtaining false claim information and using it to pick up relief money from Western Union.

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

In heels
    Nice people

at home
    Throw the book at them. Federal charges--Federal facilities

16 facilities match your search criteria.
    Facility Code State Region Type
    Atwater ATW CA Western Region USP
    California City CAL CA Western Region CI
    Dublin DUB CA Western Region FCI
    Herlong HER CA Western Region FCI
    Lompoc LOM CA Western Region USP
    Lompoc LOF CA Western Region FCI
    Lompoc LOX CA Western Region FCC
    Long Beach CLB CA Western Region CCM
    Los Angeles LOS CA Western Region MDC
    Sacramento CSC CA Western Region CCM
    San Diego SDC CA Western Region MCC