Found Deceased GA - Lizeth Ruiz, 23, Lake Lanier, 18 May 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Woman goes missing near Lake Lanier
LizethRuiz.jpg

Lizeth Ruby Ruiz was socializing with friends at Lanier Point Park in Hall County when she became separated from them, Gainesville police Sgt. Kevin Holbrook said in a media release. Ruiz has not been seen since.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/woman-goes-missing-near-lake-lanier/nrQHk/

from the article, it sounds like she was on land and not on the lake. also missing at night...just last night so Wednesday May 18th. Seems like others have gone missing but it appears it has been on the lake.

I wonder if there were a number of people there besides her friends. hope more details come out soon or better yet she is found safe.

Search suspended for today due to weather, some clothing and personal items that may belong to Lizeth recovered
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/search-continues-for-woman-who-went-missing-at-lak/nrQqM/

The embedded video is a must-watch. Thank you SO much for sharing the link Belle4.

There is a "scaled back search" scheduled to resume on Monday. Also, although there is nothing to indicate foul play at this juncture, LE states, according to the AJC reporter, that this could change. I have to wonder if the decision to wait 2 hours to call 911 would have led to a different outcome.

My heart breaks for Lizeth's family. :tears:

34de6052a50ddff1db368ee8f267e8d7.jpg

98e061d9f85aadabad83628445793fa8.jpg

Images from embedded video

#FindLizeth
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this was a gathering of ppl drinking etc in a dark park, I am afraid for her. You never know who will show up to those things.

When I was in college, I went to a house party. I knew the hosts, but they were known to throw ragers and all kinds of ppl would come. Well this was a smaller gathering but still a few not known as well ppl were there. Later in the evening, one of the hosts and his gf snuck off for a little fun. She fell asleep in his bed and rejoined the party. Awhile later there was screaming. Some guy who was there had gone in and took advantage of her. He was chased by an angry mob but it had already happened.

More from kfed83's link:
[...]
The main focus as of right now has turned toward the investigative side, focusing on the investigation into her whereabouts,” Holbrook said.

Holbrook said the bike patrol unit and other officers searched in the wooded areas Monday, but the search was “primarily focusing on the water.”

“The (Department of Natural Resources), they’re utilizing their robotics, their side-scan sonar,” he said.
[...]

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member