735 users online (86 members and 649 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 566
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    312

    Darlie Routier on Death Row

    Can you imagine being in close quarters with these women? Brittany scares me to death. Since she is close in age with Darli, wanna bet they are good buddies?
    Brittany Holberg robbed and murdered an 80 year old white male in his home. The victim was struck with a hammer and stabbed nearly 60 times. The weapons used were: a paring knife, a butcher knife, a grapefruit knife, and a fork. A lamp pole had been shoved more than 5 inches down the victim's throat.

    From: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/arti...cid=24&did=228

    TEXAS Females on Death Row (9)
    Last Execution of a Female: February 24, 2000

    Basso, Suzanne Margaret
    : White; age 44 at crime and now age 51 (DOB: 5-15-1954); murder of white male (her boyfriend) age59 in Houston on 8-25-1998; sentenced on 9-1-1999.

    Berry, Kenisha: Black; age 21 at crime and now age 32; murder of black male newborn (her son) in Beaumont on 11-?-1998; sentenced on 2-19-2004

    Carty, Linda Anita: Black; age 42 at crime and now age 46 (DOB: 10-5-1958); kidnaping and murder of Latin female age 20 (and victim’s infant son) in Houston on 5-16-2001; sentenced on 2-21-2002.

    Henderson, Cathy Lynn: White; age 37 at crime and now age 48 (DOB: 12-27-1956); murder of white male age 3 months (she was babysitter) near Austin (Travis County) on 1-21-1994; sentenced on 5-25-1995.

    Holberg, Brittany Marlowe: White; age 23 at crime and now age 32 (DOB: 1-7-1973); murder of white male age 80 in Amarillo on 11-13-1996; sentenced on 3-27-1998.

    McCarthy, Kimberly Legayle: Black; age 36 at crime and now age 44; murder of white female age 71 in Lancaster (Dallas County) on 7-21-1997; sentenced on 12-?-1998; reversed in 2001; resentenced on 11-1-2002.

    Newton, Francis Elaine: Black; age 21 at crime and now age 40 (DOB: 4-12-1965); murder of husband (black male age 23), son (black male age 7), and daughter (black female age 2) in Houston on 4-7-1987; sentenced on 11-17-1988. EXECUTED Sept. 14, 2005.

    Routier, Darla Lynn: White; age 26 at crime and now age 35 (DOB: 1-4-1970); murder of white male age 5 (her son) in Rowlett (Dallas County) on 6-6-1996; sentenced on 2-4-1997.

    Sheppard, Erica Yvonne: Black; age 19 at crime and now age 31 (DOB: 9-1-1973); murder of white (?) female age 43 in Houston on 6-30-1993; sentenced on 3-3-1995.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    4,437
    I read about the Suzanne Basso case. It was horrific what she did to her victim. He was mentally slow, had the mind of a trusting child. He was tortured before his death. I won't be sorry when she's executed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaly
    Can you imagine being in close quarters with these women? Brittany scares me to death. Since she is close in age with Darli, wanna bet they are good buddies?
    Brittany Holberg robbed and murdered an 80 year old white male in his home. The victim was struck with a hammer and stabbed nearly 60 times. The weapons used were: a paring knife, a butcher knife, a grapefruit knife, and a fork. A lamp pole had been shoved more than 5 inches down the victim's throat.

    From: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/arti...cid=24&did=228

    TEXAS Females on Death Row (9)
    Last Execution of a Female: February 24, 2000

    Basso, Suzanne Margaret: White; age 44 at crime and now age 51 (DOB: 5-15-1954); murder of white male (her boyfriend) age59 in Houston on 8-25-1998; sentenced on 9-1-1999.

    Berry, Kenisha: Black; age 21 at crime and now age 32; murder of black male newborn (her son) in Beaumont on 11-?-1998; sentenced on 2-19-2004

    Carty, Linda Anita: Black; age 42 at crime and now age 46 (DOB: 10-5-1958); kidnaping and murder of Latin female age 20 (and victim’s infant son) in Houston on 5-16-2001; sentenced on 2-21-2002.

    Henderson, Cathy Lynn: White; age 37 at crime and now age 48 (DOB: 12-27-1956); murder of white male age 3 months (she was babysitter) near Austin (Travis County) on 1-21-1994; sentenced on 5-25-1995.

    Holberg, Brittany Marlowe: White; age 23 at crime and now age 32 (DOB: 1-7-1973); murder of white male age 80 in Amarillo on 11-13-1996; sentenced on 3-27-1998.

    McCarthy, Kimberly Legayle: Black; age 36 at crime and now age 44; murder of white female age 71 in Lancaster (Dallas County) on 7-21-1997; sentenced on 12-?-1998; reversed in 2001; resentenced on 11-1-2002.

    Newton, Francis Elaine: Black; age 21 at crime and now age 40 (DOB: 4-12-1965); murder of husband (black male age 23), son (black male age 7), and daughter (black female age 2) in Houston on 4-7-1987; sentenced on 11-17-1988. EXECUTED Sept. 14, 2005.

    Routier, Darla Lynn: White; age 26 at crime and now age 35 (DOB: 1-4-1970); murder of white male age 5 (her son) in Rowlett (Dallas County) on 6-6-1996; sentenced on 2-4-1997.

    Sheppard, Erica Yvonne: Black; age 19 at crime and now age 31 (DOB: 9-1-1973); murder of white (?) female age 43 in Houston on 6-30-1993; sentenced on 3-3-1995.
    Are there photos of these people?

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    4,437
    Here's the link to women on Texas death row. Has the crime info and photos.

    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/womenondrow.htm

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    312
    Thanks. And you just know they are all good friends, because they are totally segregated from the lifers.

    I know of a woman who stole some money from her employer, got 8 years, and Diane Downs is a good friend of hers in California's Valley Prison for Women. Why would they put a thief in with a child killer? They mix in the lifers with the long termers there. I guess they are crowded? Also, Emily Harris is her best friend.

    I don't see why Diane Downs didn't get the death penalty.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaly
    Thanks. And you just know they are all good friends, because they are totally segregated from the lifers.
    .
    Do you think they are all good friends, or do you think they have cliques? I mean when I think about 12 homicidal WOMEN in a confined area, together, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, I think there may be some serious cat fights that go on. And you know how when women are in close quarters, their menstrual cycles can coincide, I bet "that time of the month" is REEEEEEEEEEAAAAAALLL bad. I am sure the COs call in sick a lot on those days!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae
    Here's the link to women on Texas death row. Has the crime info and photos.

    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/womenondrow.htm
    YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKES! Them thar some SCAAAAAAAAAAARRRRY women y'all! Well, the Darlie-meister is in good company, and she has at least one other baby killer to swap stories with...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaly
    Thanks. And you just know they are all good friends, because they are totally segregated from the lifers.

    I know of a woman who stole some money from her employer, got 8 years, and Diane Downs is a good friend of hers in California's Valley Prison for Women. Why would they put a thief in with a child killer? They mix in the lifers with the long termers there. I guess they are crowded? Also, Emily Harris is her best friend.

    I don't see why Diane Downs didn't get the death penalty.
    Unfortunately, Oregon didn't have the death penalty when Diane Downs shot her children. I learnt this from Ann Rule's excellent book about the case, "Small Sacrifices".
    Last edited by britgirl; 10-17-2005 at 04:18 PM. Reason: misspelling

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    234

    Smile

    I know very little (OK, nothing) about the workings of death row...does anyone know how much these women are able to socialise with each other?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Well, its probably not a day at the beach. LOL Here's a letter from one of the inmates complaining about just about everything:

    Here is the text written by Erica Sheppard

    May 01, 1999

    My name is Erica Sheppard and I am a female on Death Row in the State of
    Texas. I have been on Death Row for 4 years and in the years that I have
    been here, never have I experienced such inhumane treatment; please
    allow me the opportunity to inform you of whatís happening to us behind
    prison walls...

    On October 21, 1983 a court ordered death row plan was passed for death
    row inmates Civil Action Number Ė H-78-987 by Honorable William Wayne,
    Justice in the United States District Court, for the southern District
    of Texas Houston Division. In this plan there are 2 classification of
    death row inmates Ė work capable and death row segregation; I am a death
    row segregated inmate, not because of anything I have done wrong, but
    because as a death row inmate it is by law my choice to participate in
    the work program or not. However behind these prison walls if you donít
    work, you are punished and treated differently; allow me to give you
    some examples if you will...

    1.Every list of reasons for a death row segregated inmate is either
    violent or negative...
    a) Escape or Attempted Escape.
    b) Assaultiv Behavior
    c) Possession of a deadly weapon... etc. etc.

    Not 1 time does it say that itís our choice to work or not to work. It
    is a privilege to participate in the work program, it is not mandatory
    for us to work because we do not get any credit or good time for working
    nor do we get paid to work.

    2. For recreation we are allowed 1 hour out of our cells 7 days a week,
    where as by court law it says we shall be allowed to recreate outside of
    our cells for not less than 3 hours a day. Where are our other 2 hours
    of recreation time?

    3. We are housed in a building titled the Multipurpose Facility that
    also houses Psyche patients and disciplinary segregated inmates, we are
    often confused with the disciplinary segregated inmates, we are often
    confused with the disciplinary segregated inmates because we to are
    labeled segregated inmates. But the difference between the 2 is: We are
    segregated because we have a death sentence by law. They are segregated
    because of acting bad and not following the rules, but often times when
    people tour this facility they are not informed of this status. Why?
    Because they want to make it appear that we are here because we have
    disciplinary problems and thatís just not true.

    This multipurpose facility is not set up to house death row inmates, we
    are suppose to have a day room equipped with at least 4 tables and 16
    stools, a chinning bar and an assortment of table games such as
    checkers, dominoes and chess, we are also suppose to have a water
    fountain for drinking water, yet we have no such things. Why?

    There are 4 other women housed in this multipurpose facility with me who
    are also death row level 1 inmates, yet we are kept separated from each
    other with no human contact, yet in the court ordered plan it says we
    can recreate together so why do they keep us separated from each other?
    The women who do work are allowed to recreate together and they have a
    drinking fountain, games to play and access to other things in their day
    room, why the discrepancy there?

    4.In the court ordered death row plan it states that death row
    segregated inmates shall be permitted to view the television for 15
    hours a day, yet we are not allowed or given the opportunity to do this,
    we are being denied our proper tv time as ordered by the courts.

    Recently the Mountain View Unit under Warden Pamela Baggett has come out
    with numerous changes as a punishment for us as death row inmates, we
    are...

    1. Handcuffed to walk across the hall to another room that would only
    take 2 steps to get to or from our cells, which before it was not like
    this, we were not to be handcuffed inside of the building at all.
    2. We are handcuffed to walk from our cells to the showers that would
    only take about 20 steps to get to from or cells: Again it was not like
    this, we were not to be handcuffed inside of the building at all.
    3. We are also repeatedly stripped searched when we leave our cells to
    go to recreation or to the showers, or appointments, or visits and when
    we are returned to our cells even though we have never left the presence
    of the officers.
    4. Our cells are searched repeatedly every day, every shift even when we
    donít leave our cells. We are confined to our cells 23 sometimes 24
    hours a day, in the process of these cell searches for contraband as the
    administration calls it, our possessions are destroyed and mishandled
    inappropriately when there is no need for these actions, yet the men on
    death row do not have to go through these procedures as we women do.

    We are confined to cells that are not properly ventilated, we continue
    to tell the appropriate people about it, yet no one seems to care or
    want to correct this inhumane treatment.

    There are 600 plus men on death row in the State of Texas and these men
    are not treated as we are, they are allowed 2-3 hours a day of
    recreation time out of their cells, they are allowed to view the tv the
    appropriate 15 hours a day as the court order states, yet we as death
    row women are not, why? We are all under the same court order.

    I ask you to please write letters to...

    * * *

    And inform them and express your opinions about whatís happening to us
    behind these prison walls, please! If no one speaks up on our behalf,
    this inhumane treatment will continue to go on.

    I thank your for your time and your efforts to help, God be with you all

    Sincerely,

    Ms. Erica Sheppard

    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~critcrim/dp.../sheppard.html


    PERSONALLY, IT GIVES ME A WARM FUZZY FEELING TO KNOW THAT THEY DON'T GET EVERYTHING THEY WANT, BUT THAT'S JUST ME.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Well, its probably not a day at the beach. LOL Here's a letter from one of the inmates complaining about just about everything:

    Here is the text written by Erica Sheppard

    May 01, 1999

    My name is Erica Sheppard and I am a female on Death Row in the State of
    Texas. I have been on Death Row for 4 years and in the years that I have
    been here, never have I experienced such inhumane treatment; please
    allow me the opportunity to inform you of whatís happening to us behind
    prison walls...

    On October 21, 1983 a court ordered death row plan was passed for death
    row inmates Civil Action Number Ė H-78-987 by Honorable William Wayne,
    Justice in the United States District Court, for the southern District
    of Texas Houston Division. In this plan there are 2 classification of
    death row inmates Ė work capable and death row segregation; I am a death
    row segregated inmate, not because of anything I have done wrong, but
    because as a death row inmate it is by law my choice to participate in
    the work program or not. However behind these prison walls if you donít
    work, you are punished and treated differently; allow me to give you
    some examples if you will...

    1.Every list of reasons for a death row segregated inmate is either
    violent or negative...
    a) Escape or Attempted Escape.
    b) Assaultiv Behavior
    c) Possession of a deadly weapon... etc. etc.

    Not 1 time does it say that itís our choice to work or not to work. It
    is a privilege to participate in the work program, it is not mandatory
    for us to work because we do not get any credit or good time for working
    nor do we get paid to work.

    2. For recreation we are allowed 1 hour out of our cells 7 days a week,
    where as by court law it says we shall be allowed to recreate outside of
    our cells for not less than 3 hours a day. Where are our other 2 hours
    of recreation time?

    3. We are housed in a building titled the Multipurpose Facility that
    also houses Psyche patients and disciplinary segregated inmates, we are
    often confused with the disciplinary segregated inmates, we are often
    confused with the disciplinary segregated inmates because we to are
    labeled segregated inmates. But the difference between the 2 is: We are
    segregated because we have a death sentence by law. They are segregated
    because of acting bad and not following the rules, but often times when
    people tour this facility they are not informed of this status. Why?
    Because they want to make it appear that we are here because we have
    disciplinary problems and thatís just not true.

    This multipurpose facility is not set up to house death row inmates, we
    are suppose to have a day room equipped with at least 4 tables and 16
    stools, a chinning bar and an assortment of table games such as
    checkers, dominoes and chess, we are also suppose to have a water
    fountain for drinking water, yet we have no such things. Why?

    There are 4 other women housed in this multipurpose facility with me who
    are also death row level 1 inmates, yet we are kept separated from each
    other with no human contact, yet in the court ordered plan it says we
    can recreate together so why do they keep us separated from each other?
    The women who do work are allowed to recreate together and they have a
    drinking fountain, games to play and access to other things in their day
    room, why the discrepancy there?

    4.In the court ordered death row plan it states that death row
    segregated inmates shall be permitted to view the television for 15
    hours a day, yet we are not allowed or given the opportunity to do this,
    we are being denied our proper tv time as ordered by the courts.

    Recently the Mountain View Unit under Warden Pamela Baggett has come out
    with numerous changes as a punishment for us as death row inmates, we
    are...

    1. Handcuffed to walk across the hall to another room that would only
    take 2 steps to get to or from our cells, which before it was not like
    this, we were not to be handcuffed inside of the building at all.
    2. We are handcuffed to walk from our cells to the showers that would
    only take about 20 steps to get to from or cells: Again it was not like
    this, we were not to be handcuffed inside of the building at all.
    3. We are also repeatedly stripped searched when we leave our cells to
    go to recreation or to the showers, or appointments, or visits and when
    we are returned to our cells even though we have never left the presence
    of the officers.
    4. Our cells are searched repeatedly every day, every shift even when we
    donít leave our cells. We are confined to our cells 23 sometimes 24
    hours a day, in the process of these cell searches for contraband as the
    administration calls it, our possessions are destroyed and mishandled
    inappropriately when there is no need for these actions, yet the men on
    death row do not have to go through these procedures as we women do.

    We are confined to cells that are not properly ventilated, we continue
    to tell the appropriate people about it, yet no one seems to care or
    want to correct this inhumane treatment.

    There are 600 plus men on death row in the State of Texas and these men
    are not treated as we are, they are allowed 2-3 hours a day of
    recreation time out of their cells, they are allowed to view the tv the
    appropriate 15 hours a day as the court order states, yet we as death
    row women are not, why? We are all under the same court order.

    I ask you to please write letters to...

    * * *

    And inform them and express your opinions about whatís happening to us
    behind these prison walls, please! If no one speaks up on our behalf,
    this inhumane treatment will continue to go on.

    I thank your for your time and your efforts to help, God be with you all

    Sincerely,

    Ms. Erica Sheppard

    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~critcrim/dp.../sheppard.html


    PERSONALLY, IT GIVES ME A WARM FUZZY FEELING TO KNOW THAT THEY DON'T GET EVERYTHING THEY WANT, BUT THAT'S JUST ME.
    Thanks for that info Jeana. I was particularly interested in number 3..." they want to make it appear we are here because we have disciplinary problems and that's just not true"...erm, apart from having killed people, of course...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Well, its probably not a day at the beach. LOL Here's a letter from one of the inmates complaining about just about everything:

    Here is the text written by Erica Sheppard

    May 01, 1999

    My name is Erica Sheppard and I am a female on Death Row in the State of
    Texas. I have been on Death Row for 4 years and in the years that I have
    been here, never have I experienced such inhumane treatment; please
    allow me the opportunity to inform you of whatís happening to us behind
    prison walls...

    On October 21, 1983 a court ordered death row plan was passed for death
    row inmates Civil Action Number Ė H-78-987 by Honorable William Wayne,
    Justice in the United States District Court, for the southern District
    of Texas Houston Division. In this plan there are 2 classification of
    death row inmates Ė work capable and death row segregation; I am a death
    row segregated inmate, not because of anything I have done wrong, but
    because as a death row inmate it is by law my choice to participate in
    the work program or not. However behind these prison walls if you donít
    work, you are punished and treated differently; allow me to give you
    some examples if you will...

    1.Every list of reasons for a death row segregated inmate is either
    violent or negative...
    a) Escape or Attempted Escape.
    b) Assaultiv Behavior
    c) Possession of a deadly weapon... etc. etc.

    Not 1 time does it say that itís our choice to work or not to work. It
    is a privilege to participate in the work program, it is not mandatory
    for us to work because we do not get any credit or good time for working
    nor do we get paid to work.

    2. For recreation we are allowed 1 hour out of our cells 7 days a week,
    where as by court law it says we shall be allowed to recreate outside of
    our cells for not less than 3 hours a day. Where are our other 2 hours
    of recreation time?

    3. We are housed in a building titled the Multipurpose Facility that
    also houses Psyche patients and disciplinary segregated inmates, we are
    often confused with the disciplinary segregated inmates, we are often
    confused with the disciplinary segregated inmates because we to are
    labeled segregated inmates. But the difference between the 2 is: We are
    segregated because we have a death sentence by law. They are segregated
    because of acting bad and not following the rules, but often times when
    people tour this facility they are not informed of this status. Why?
    Because they want to make it appear that we are here because we have
    disciplinary problems and thatís just not true.

    This multipurpose facility is not set up to house death row inmates, we
    are suppose to have a day room equipped with at least 4 tables and 16
    stools, a chinning bar and an assortment of table games such as
    checkers, dominoes and chess, we are also suppose to have a water
    fountain for drinking water, yet we have no such things. Why?

    There are 4 other women housed in this multipurpose facility with me who
    are also death row level 1 inmates, yet we are kept separated from each
    other with no human contact, yet in the court ordered plan it says we
    can recreate together so why do they keep us separated from each other?
    The women who do work are allowed to recreate together and they have a
    drinking fountain, games to play and access to other things in their day
    room, why the discrepancy there?

    4.In the court ordered death row plan it states that death row
    segregated inmates shall be permitted to view the television for 15
    hours a day, yet we are not allowed or given the opportunity to do this,
    we are being denied our proper tv time as ordered by the courts.

    Recently the Mountain View Unit under Warden Pamela Baggett has come out
    with numerous changes as a punishment for us as death row inmates, we
    are...

    1. Handcuffed to walk across the hall to another room that would only
    take 2 steps to get to or from our cells, which before it was not like
    this, we were not to be handcuffed inside of the building at all.
    2. We are handcuffed to walk from our cells to the showers that would
    only take about 20 steps to get to from or cells: Again it was not like
    this, we were not to be handcuffed inside of the building at all.
    3. We are also repeatedly stripped searched when we leave our cells to
    go to recreation or to the showers, or appointments, or visits and when
    we are returned to our cells even though we have never left the presence
    of the officers.
    4. Our cells are searched repeatedly every day, every shift even when we
    donít leave our cells. We are confined to our cells 23 sometimes 24
    hours a day, in the process of these cell searches for contraband as the
    administration calls it, our possessions are destroyed and mishandled
    inappropriately when there is no need for these actions, yet the men on
    death row do not have to go through these procedures as we women do.

    We are confined to cells that are not properly ventilated, we continue
    to tell the appropriate people about it, yet no one seems to care or
    want to correct this inhumane treatment.

    There are 600 plus men on death row in the State of Texas and these men
    are not treated as we are, they are allowed 2-3 hours a day of
    recreation time out of their cells, they are allowed to view the tv the
    appropriate 15 hours a day as the court order states, yet we as death
    row women are not, why? We are all under the same court order.

    I ask you to please write letters to...

    * * *

    And inform them and express your opinions about whatís happening to us
    behind these prison walls, please! If no one speaks up on our behalf,
    this inhumane treatment will continue to go on.

    I thank your for your time and your efforts to help, God be with you all

    Sincerely,

    Ms. Erica Sheppard

    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~critcrim/dp.../sheppard.html


    PERSONALLY, IT GIVES ME A WARM FUZZY FEELING TO KNOW THAT THEY DON'T GET EVERYTHING THEY WANT, BUT THAT'S JUST ME.
    Somebody should tell Erica Shepard that when you kidnap someone, then slash their throat 5 times (after they begged for their life) then bludgeon their head with a 10 pound statue, then steal their car, well, life ain't gonna be a picnic! She wants "humane" treatment. After a woman BEGGED HER to spare her life and she so cruelly and callously denied her. Um, yeah, ladies. Because you should get to have all the rec time you want. Cookie swaps too. In fact, they should just leave the door to the prison open, because we know y'all will come back when it's time, right? Ugh, I am with Jeana. I do get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that they have A LOT of time to think about what they did!!!!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by britgirl
    Unfortunately, Oregon didn't have the death penalty when Diane Downs shot her children. I learnt this from Ann Rule's excellent book about the case, "Small Sacrifices".
    Small Sacrifices is the best book Ann Rule has ever written and possibly the best true crime book ever written. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet. It gives a complete analysis of this crime.

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~critcrim/dp.../sheppard.html


    PERSONALLY, IT GIVES ME A WARM FUZZY FEELING TO KNOW THAT THEY DON'T GET EVERYTHING THEY WANT, BUT THAT'S JUST ME.
    Darlie is "work capable," isn't she? She goes somewhere in the facility to work on baby blankets, I think I heard.

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita
    Somebody should tell Erica Shepard that when you kidnap someone, then slash their throat 5 times (after they begged for their life) then bludgeon their head with a 10 pound statue, then steal their car, well, life ain't gonna be a picnic! She wants "humane" treatment. After a woman BEGGED HER to spare her life and she so cruelly and callously denied her. Um, yeah, ladies. Because you should get to have all the rec time you want. Cookie swaps too. In fact, they should just leave the door to the prison open, because we know y'all will come back when it's time, right? Ugh, I am with Jeana. I do get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that they have A LOT of time to think about what they did!!!!!
    yea- just tears me up...i kept reading her list of unjustices (SP) and as it went on and onand on and on...i kept thinking to myself...and... your point ..is...what..??? LOL
    sad thing is--- they really do think they are treated horribly- i just dont understand why none of these people think of the horrible things their victims went thru--aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhh- makes me nuts-

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Darlie Routier's mother-in-law
    By Cassata11 in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 06:11 PM
  2. Darlie Routier Sub Forum ?
    By JaneInOz in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 08:55 PM

Tags for this Thread