846 users online (110 members and 736 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I watched the show. I thought they had a good point in that she doesn't have a motive that we know of.
    Insurance on the children was small. Insurance on her was much larger. So, what was the reason for killing the children?
    I believe the motive to be revenge filicide. But I also believe all you have to do is follow the evidence and it ties her to the crime. She is forensically linked to the murders by the blood. Although the motive is obscure, it doesn't mean she didn't murder her children.

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    I believe the motive to be revenge filicide. But I also believe all you have to do is follow the evidence and it ties her to the crime. She is forensically linked to the murders by the blood. Although the motive is obscure, it doesn't mean she didn't murder her children.
    Absolutely! All the forensic evidence points directly to her. There is no evidence that points to an intruder and there is no evidence that points to Darin. None. Those who try to blame others have zero evidence to back up those claims, only conspiracy theories.

We don't have to know her motive to know she did it.

I still have such a hard time with her staying on the phone rather than trying to save her kids.
    Who does that?

Anyone who doubts her guilt should read or reread the transcripts of the trial.

How much more time does Darlie have left on death row?

Just curious of how many appeals Darlie has left? Does she have any left? I know the testing of the DNA was completed last year and the results were of no help to Darlie so I was wondering what is next for her? There are only 6 women on Texas death row and it appears that only one other women has been there longer than Darlie.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    I'm not sure how many appeals Darlie has left, if any, but I've held the opinion for some time that Texas is not trying very hard to execute her. It wouldn't surprise me if she lasted another 10 years on death row, even though that's a rare thing.

I think there would be such an uproar over her execution after the huge amount of wrongful convictions coming out of Texas these days, that her sentence will likely never be carried out. More than likely it will be commuted to life in prison. Obviously something will have to happen for that to be done, but I think the day is coming. After the Willingham case, they are being watched.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    I think that's one reason of a few TX might never get around to executing Darlie. Obviously there's something about this particular killer and this particular case that has allowed her to languish on death row even when there is seemingly a conveyor belt moving along with executions in the state.

I completely agree. She has sat this long for a reason. And when they figure out a way to get around it, they will commute her to life w/o parole.

I wonder as well. I've been reading the trial transcripts today and I'm 100% convinced she's guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJRN View Post
    I completely agree. She has sat this long for a reason. And when they figure out a way to get around it, they will commute her to life w/o parole.
    I find that unlikely for many reasons.
    There are several people that have been on Texas death row for as long as she has. I checked Texas' scheduled executions and found a little less than half are from around the same timeframe as Darlie.
    Remember several years of her appeals were taken up by the transcript debacle. In reality her execution timeline started after that was decided, around 2000.
    Most of the delays are because DNA testing was still fairly new and maybe not as reliable when their cases were tried. DNA was allowed in courts way too soon and the courts have been pretty careful about allowing retesting to make sure the testing 20+ years ago was accurate. More recent cases with DNA have gone quicker mostly because DNA testing is just more accurate these days, thus leading to quicker executions.

Also, *surprise, surprise* Texas is different.
    The only way to get a sentence commuted in Texas is to go through the Board of Pardons and Paroles. Only after the Board has recommended commutation can the Governor decided whether s/he will concur or not. This Board is purposefully populated with people who will be tough on crime and criminals. Other than that route, she'd have to have either her entire case or her sentence overturned and both sides agree she's guilty but either doesn't meet the criteria for execution or neither side thinks they can win in total
    I'm going to take my ball and go home

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38