ME ME - Angel 'Tony' Torres, 21, Biddeford, 21 May 1999

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

He was last seen outside a Biddeford convenience store at 2 a.m., looking for a ride to North Conway, New Hampshire.

Angel “Tony” Torres, a bright, hardworking 21-year-old who had just decided to move in with his girlfriend and was working on his undergraduate degree in Massachusetts, was never seen again. That was in 1999.

Torres’ parents will announce Friday an increase of the reward to $15,000 for information that leads to the recovery of Torres’ body, up from $5,000, said Ramona Torres, his mother. Saturday will mark the 17th anniversary of the day her son disappeared.

(...)

The increased reward money comes from two childhood friend of Torres, Jason Kohn and Abe Chappell, and Chappell’s wife, Ariana.

(...)

“I want to see Ramona get the closure that she needs,” said Kohn. “I want there to be peace. I want the people to be brought to justice who are responsible. And if that could be achieved by a measly five grand, wouldn’t that be amazing?”

(...)

State police consider Torres’ disappearance a missing person case, but suspect foul play was involved.
http://www.pressherald.com/2016/05/19/reward-in-maine-mans-17-year-disappearance-raised-to-15000/

Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/torres_angel.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 57
I submitted UP #5811 as a potential match for Angel.
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/5811
It's a set of remains that were discovered in 2001 in Queens, NYC, NY, and are estimated to have been there a year or more. Maine has a lot of drug traffic from that area, Should it turn out that one of the witness statements have merit about a drug deal gone bad, I'm wondering if he could have been taken and left in NY.
I also combed through UP's in MA because he attended college there, but didn't really see any potential matches. MA is a little slow to get their cases into NamUs and seem to do them in batches.

22 years. Unbelievable. My heart breaks for his family.

According to a press release from the Maine State Police, thanks to a gift from a woman in Bridgton, the reward for information about a 20 year old missing person case is now $20,000.

This week the Torres’ learned a local business owner gifted a $3,500 donation that will increase the reward in their son’s case to $20,000.

If anyone has any information that could result in the recovery of his remains, please call Maine State Police.
$20,000 Reward Offered For Missing Maine Man

It’s been twenty-four years since Angel “Tony” Torres disappeared from the Biddeford area.

He was last seen May 21st, 1999.

Angel was at the end of his junior year in college when he traveled from Massachusetts to Biddeford.

Maine State Police say he was on South Street the night of his disappearance with a man named Jay Carney, who has since died of a drug overdose.

Carney was a key witness in the case.

More than two decades later his parents are still searching for answers.

“Please somebody come forward,” said Ramona Torres. “You know please come forward. Think about when you put your children to bed, what would it feel like to you if your son or daughter was missing? Wouldn’t you want somebody to come forward?”

Ramona and Narciso Torres, Angel's parents, say they don’t think police have any leads in the more than two decade long cold case.

They say their son's disappearance hasn’t gotten any easier over the years.

The family has offered a 20-thousand-dollar reward in hopes of someone leads them to their son’s remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back