OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities. As U.S. 23 leads away from Columbus, business parks and strip malls give way to lush stretches of farmland dotted with old farmhouses and rusted silos. Farther south into the Appalachian foothills, churches, pickup trucks and Confederate flags become more common.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

MOD NOTE: Tricia has given permission for sleuths to discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

MOD NOTE: Please don't speculate about the current custody of the minor children who were left alive. It is a blessing they are alive. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. one day they will google their names. And plenty will come up. Thanks.

MOD NOTE: DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

The Victims
Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

Continue the conversation here.

Adt1984
Picture link:
http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/a...-FA89254C7126_zpsl37rnipq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Wow, thank you for these photos, it all looks so different on the ground like that, and now ominous knowing what happened. The place is getting overgrown with noone taking care of it, and I wonder what the yellow house boarded up was used for, first time I've seen it up close. The place is so much smaller than it looked in aerials, you're right about that.

Totally agree! I didn't realize how close to the road they all were. Thank you so much. You're an angel for taking those!

Wow. The pictures really give a completely different perspective. They were much closer to the road than I ever thought. It gives you a lot to think about. Thanks for taking those and sharing.

Wow. The pictures really give a completely different perspective. They were much closer to the road than I ever thought. It gives you a lot to think about. Thanks for taking those and sharing.

The killers could have easily parked along the road and walked up to the trailers.

Yes, easily. Changes the scenario considerably. The aerial pictures made the trailers seem so far away. In reality, someone could make quick work of getting from the road to the door.

Everytime I try to open the link it's giving me ads I can't back out of that I'm winning a free iPhone and other crap once the page loads completely so I can see all the pictures :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Adt1984, good pics. I have been hesitant to venture up that road just yet, not out of fear, I just expected LE to stop me, or take down my plate number. Did they still have the sheriff there and the road closed signs? They did yesterday when we came past. The home you can see just as you turn on UHR, how much further up the road did DR live? TIA.

You rule, ADT! Those pictures are awesome!:loveyou:

I know I'm probably super harping on the grow locations, but it's driving me nuts....

We know it wasn't in the white building or the first garage at CSR's driveway because Facebook pictures prove otherwise, unless that changed at some point...but since the white building wasn't boarded up at all, I find it kind of hard to believe. I think it was full of chicken stuff. One we know was at Kenneth's, so that leaves the yellow house and Dana's garage, or....somewhere outdoors/one of the other random, smaller buildings for the other two grow spots....

Thanks Adt1984, good pics. I have been hesitant to venture up that road just yet, not out of fear, I just expected LE to stop me, or take down my plate number. Did they still have the sheriff there and the road closed signs? They did yesterday when we came past. The home you can see just as you turn on UHR, how much further up the road did DR live? TIA.

The sign was still there but not blocking the road, it was on the side. DR's was maybe 1 - 1 1/2 miles
(on the right) up the road and CR's was around 3 - 4 miles (on the left). I didn't see any LE. Once you pass CR's there is a little gravel road to the right and we turned around there.

Also- you will come to a really sharp curve in the road- there's a house in the curve (on the left) and that's where Leonard was outside. Not sure if it's his house (don't know the address) but he was there. (It's right before Dana's house)

The sign was still there but not blocking the road, it was on the side. DR's was maybe 1 - 1 1/2 miles
(on the right) up the road and CR's was around 3 - 4 miles (on the left). I didn't see any LE. Once you pass CR's there is a little gravel road to the right and we turned around there.

I hope you seen the reflection of your vehicle in your exterior mirror... yikes you are so busted, LOL The sheriff was there yesterday sitting right by the road closed barricade which was in the road. Not sure why though.

Yes, easily. Changes the scenario considerably. The aerial pictures made the trailers seem so far away. In reality, someone could make quick work of getting from the road to the door.

In and out - one determined person?

You rule, ADT! Those pictures are awesome!:loveyou:

I know I'm probably super harping on the grow locations, but it's driving me nuts....

We know it wasn't in the white building or the first garage at CSR's driveway because Facebook pictures prove otherwise, unless that changed at some point...but since the white building wasn't boarded up at all, I find it kind of hard to believe. I think it was full of chicken stuff. One we know was at Kenneth's, so that leaves the yellow house and Dana's garage, or....somewhere outdoors/one of the other random, smaller buildings for the other two grow spots....

There is an upstairs area above the two car garage at 4077. The trailer at 4077 could be it. I never thought Frankie's place was one but I could be wrong.

Thank you so much for the pics. It really helps those of us that are four or five states away to get a real sense of the area.

Also- you will come to a really sharp curve in the road- there's a house in the curve (on the left) and that's where Leonard was outside. Not sure if it's his house (don't know the address) but he was there.

Is that the curve you go into just past the road closed sign, I think a fairly decent house (maybe a modular) is on the right not long after you turn onto the road. You should have acted lost and asked LM for directions, lol.

I hope you seen the reflection of your vehicle in your exterior mirror... yikes you are so busted, LOL The sheriff was there yesterday sitting right by the road closed barricade which was in the road. Not sure why though.

LOL! Not sure why they would have been there either considering they said the road was opened back up as of Tuesday.
I did see LE at the compound center where they took the cars, trailers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth