1052 users online (235 members and 817 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NV - Camron Ritchson, 8, Fernley, 20 May 2016

https://www.facebook.com/14549662232...type=3&theater

FERNLEY MISSING CHILD

The Lyon County Sheriff's Office is asking for the community's help to locate 8 year old Camron Ritchson. He was reported missing just after 11:00 pm in the area of Sunny Lane, Winter Place, Shadow Lane off of 95 Alternate in Fernley.
    More at link and read the comments.

13254211_498894833650951_7725244435596560723_n.jpg
    "What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.”
    --Thomas Sowell

It's so disheartening to Google Camron's name and not find ONE single story on him in media. Not one tweet, either.

Frankly, it makes me sick. This kid is 8 years old, not 18. WTFlip?
    "What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.”
    --Thomas Sowell

It is discouraging and disheartening to not see even one MSM article, but thankfully it sounds like the sheriff has mobilized an extensive search and community has responded with their support as well.

What bothers me also is that according to family in comments (Paraphrasing) is that he was supposedly not seen since 4:30 but it wasn't reported until 11 PM. Also, he slept at a friends house according to the babysitter but they don't know who the friend is?? Whaaat?

Not getting a good feeling from this one.

From the Lyon County Sheriff page.
    --Thomas Sowell

gypsyblue is offline this is not what Haleigh would have wanted
    I messaged our local news asking why there is no media coverage!
    QQQQQQQQQQ~nightmare the cat

Quote Originally Posted by gypsyblue View Post
    I messaged our local news asking why there is no media coverage!
    Thanks, Gypsyblue! Can you tell us if this area he went missing from is a bad area/dangerous?
    (or anything about the area at all)
    --Thomas Sowell

FERNLEY MISSING CHILD

The Lyon County Sheriff's Office is asking for the community's help to locate 8 year old Camron Ritchson. He was reported missing just after 11:00 pm in the area of Sunny Lane, Winter Place, Shadow Lane off of 95 Alternate in Fernley.

Camron is described as 4 foot, 8 inches tall, 72 pounds, blond hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a white & blue striped tank top with blue shorts.

Sheriff's deputies and the Lyon County Search & Rescue along with K9 units from the Washoe County Sheriff's Office are attempting to find Camron.

If you have any information regarding his where abouts please contact the Lyon County Sheriff's Office at 775-463-6620.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Comments from DW about 40 minutes ago about jacket...Read replies.

(NVM, false alarm I think. )
    Last edited by JLSChook; 05-21-2016 at 11:16 AM.
    --Thomas Sowell

gypsyblue is offline this is not what Haleigh would have wanted
    Small friendly town. Lower income. Outskirts of Reno. Not high crime at all.
    QQQQQQQQQQ~nightmare the cat

Here is what I have pieced together---his mother was at work---she is a single mom with three young boys, Camron is the oldest son. They all look happy and healthy. The Aunt was babysitting the 3 sons. Apparently, around 4:30 pm, Cam told his Aunt that he was going to go sleep over at his friend's house. Then he just left and she did not know which friend or where he went. She called the mom at work about 9 pm and told her. Mom came right home and began searching for Camron at all his friends homes. By 11 pm they called police.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Here is what I have pieced together---his mother was at work---she is a single mom with three young boys, Camron is the oldest son. They all look happy and healthy. The Aunt was babysitting the 3 sons. Apparently, around 4:30 pm, Cam told his Aunt that he was going to go sleep over at his friend's house. Then he just left and she did not know which friend or where he went. She called the mom at work about 9 pm and told her. Mom came right home and began searching for Camron at all his friends homes. By 11 pm they called police.
    Two questions/observations I have from this:
    1. Why in the world did this aunt/babysitter take that long to ask the mom about him sleeping at a friend's house???
    2. It sounds like the mom did call friend's last night already and obviously isn't at their houses. I'm saying this because I would of called them last night already and was wondering if it happened. IMO-he probably did plan on going to a friend's house and something happened to prevent him from getting there.

He is such a cute little boy. I hope he is found safe! ETA-I wonder if he was taken by or tried to get to his dad's house?

local news orgs beginning to pick up the story.

http://www.kolotv.com/content/news/L...380361941.html

http://foxreno.com/news/local/8-year...ing-in-fernley

no new details being reported

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

according to update FOUND - no report on condition

http://mynews4.com/news/local/8-year...ing-in-fernley

The Lyon County Sheriff's Office confirms Ritchson is now home safe

http://www.ktvn.com/story/32031685/m...boy-in-fernley

I just found this thread.
    So happy to read that he was found and is safe!
    I bet his mother gave him some talking and plenty of hugs this morning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast