GUILTY CA - Pamela Vitale, 52, found murdered, Lafayette, 15 Oct 2005

TexMex

Punishment is justice for the unjust.
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/16/attorney.wifeslain.ap/index.html

Horowitz called 911 Saturday evening to report that the body of his wife, 52-year-old Pamela Vitale, was in the entryway of their home in an upscale neighborhood, police said.

The woman's identity has not been confirmed by authorities, but "based on what we know, it's believed to be the wife of Daniel Horowitz," said Contra Costa Sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee.

oh my goodness, I just saw him on tv the other day ... how terrible. I wonder if this murder was in relation to any of his cases??

Thanks ya'll----just saw the news when I got up today---somehow I slept til 2:30pm---ususally up at 6am! Oh well, just in time to watch the Astros game.........Horowitz is representing some lady who stabbed her husband (allegedly!) 27 times---right?

TexMex said:
Thanks ya'll----just saw the news when I got up today---somehow I slept til 2:30pm---ususally up at 6am! Oh well, just in time to watch the Astros game.........Horowitz is representing some lady who stabbed her husband (allegedly!) 27 times---right?
Yes he is... talk about ironic.

Astros eh?? I'm watching the game now. Have to say, though ...

18_7_29.gif

GO CARDS

PrayersForMaura said:
Yes he is... talk about ironic.

Astros eh?? I'm watching the game now. Have to say, though ...

18_7_29.gif

GO CARDS

The Cards are a great team PforM but I gotta root for my Stros!

GO ASTROS

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/06/24/BAGNBQKRGP1.DTL

Epilogue: Defense attorney and TV legal analyst Daniel Horowitz is off on an Italian honeymoon after tying the knot with Valerie Northrup, whom he met after she was dismissed from the jury at the Susan Polk murder trial.

Horowitz was defending Polk on charges she killed her psychotherapist husband in Orinda when Horowitz's wife, Pamela Vitale, was murdered in their Lafayette hilltop home in 2005.

Horowitz friend and co-counsel Ivan Golde confirmed the wedding, telling us the couple married at a Lafayette park a couple of weeks back.

[more at link at bottom of article]

Oh wow!
Men really like to nest. :)

Your link is to another story LMAO
About Gavin Newsom cocaine rumor

ETA: okay I see it now Pepper..at the bottom of the column..sorry!

I'm sad to hear that Pamela's children have taken Daniel's relationship with his now new wife as a betrayal to their mom, but life doesn't always take a straight path. Of course I don't know all that went on behind the scenes, but some day they'll realize that Daniel was dedicated to their mom to the day she died. But then, life goes on................sometimes just sooner than you would expect.

I'm happy for Daniel and his new bride. I truly wish them the best.

JMHO
fran

Why is it when people get divorced they can re-marry in a manner of months, but when a marriage ends in death, people want the widow/widower to wait years and years before re-marrying? Why is it a betrayal of the spouse that is deceased and not to an ex-spouse that is still living? It doesn't make sense to me. We do say, "til death do we part" don't we?

Why is it when people get divorced they can re-marry in a manner of months, but when a marriage ends in death, people want the widow/widower to wait years and years before re-marrying? Why is it a betrayal of the spouse that is deceased and not to an ex-spouse that is still living? It doesn't make sense to me. We do say, "til death do we part" don't we?

I guess because when divorce is involved, usually BOTH partners want the marriage to end. When a marriage ends in death, especially a horrific murder such as this, ya tend to think it would take a fairly significant time to get over the initial shock and pain before scouting for another spouse. I know I would--I guess it would be different for everyone.

I do wish them the best of luck. He certainly does deserve happiness after what he's gone thru.

How long has it been since Pamela was murdered? I think it's been at least a year. The only problem I could see is that a person could be so lonely that they quickly marry someone and then it not work out. Daniel must have kept in touch with this woman right after they met during the trial.

Oh wow!
Men really like to nest. :)

You're right JBean, (oh Bean you know I'm your biggest fan, I always think you're right) It's been shown in studies that men do tend to get married much more quickly after losing a mate than women. They just don't seem to do as well as women do alone in general.

You're right JBean, (oh Bean you know I'm your biggest fan, I always think you're right) It's been shown in studies that men do tend to get married much more quickly after losing a mate than women. They just don't seem to do as well as women do alone in general.
you're so sweet M-16. I always look forward to your posts .

I agree with that study! Men really like to have a partner, especially when they are older.

It is fairly obvious. Men need nests & spouses much more than women , especially after the age of raising a family!! That is not at all necessarily bad. Good luck to the new bride & groom.:blowkiss:

Reading the article, I guess what upset her children was the fact that these two starting hanging around together 3 days before their mother was killed, and afterwards, Valerie always seemed to be around Dan. I could see how this might upset the children...

Wise words: After my mom passed, my brother tried to get my father to sell the house and move up by him. My father said, "No... the first year after you lose someone you should not make any life altering decisions. After a year is up, I'll re-evaluate my life and see where I'm going next."

Reading the article, I guess what upset her children was the fact that these two starting hanging around together 3 days before their mother was killed, and afterwards, Valerie always seemed to be around Dan. I could see how this might upset the children...

Wise words: After my mom passed, my brother tried to get my father to sell the house and move up by him. My father said, "No... the first year after you lose someone you should not make any life altering decisions. After a year is up, I'll re-evaluate my life and see where I'm going next."

Very wise words.

I would be upset about that too. THREE days before she was murdered?? Wow, how convenient she died and was killed by someone else so he could pursue something with the ex juror!! :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back