GUILTY KY - Maurice Gordon, 16, & Larry Ordway, 14, brothers, slain, Louisville, 22 May 2016 *3 guilty*

Tulessa

Reaction score
Sketches of two victims who were discovered behind a home on River Park Drive were released late Monday night by Louisville Metro police.

Both victims are described as being either bi-racial or Hispanic. One victim was approximately 5’9’’ to 6’ tall and weighed between 145 to 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a red Wisconsin polo shirt and black cargo pants.

The second victim was approximately 5’6’’ to 5’8’’ tall and weighed between 135 to 145 pounds. He was last seen wearing black athletic pants with red stripes down each side.

The bodies were found behind a home on Sunday. More than 35 hours later, police have not said how the men died or who they were. They have only confirmed there were obvious signs of foul play. Arson investigators were also at the scene.

http://m.wave3.com/wave/db_338316/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=RKmiyKhg

A vigil has been set for 6:30 p.m. Monday in the spot where the bodies were found.

Community activist Jerry Bouggess said he knows how much a vigil can help the whole community.

"It comforts the others. Make them sleep a little better at night knowing that everybody is involved and aware of all activities that are going on, they're more aware, they're looking more around," he said.

Anyone with information is asked to call 502-574-LMPD.

http://m.wlky.com/news/police-believe-victims-of-double-homicide-are-teenage-boys/39678444

Sketches of the victims
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 380
Investigators have still yet to identify two teenagers found murdered in west Louisville.

So far, the only thing police have been able to release is a sketch of the two victims.

But Elizabeth Wren, who says it was her sons who were killed, spoke with WDRB on Tuesday, and she identified them as Larry Ordway, 14, and Maurice "Reece" Gordon, 16.

Wren says she last saw her sons on Saturday night.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/32055798/lmpd-still-asking-for-clues-in-murder-of-two-teens

WLKY has learned the victims' mother said she's spoken with police, and more information is expected to be released on their identities Wednesday.

Neighbors said the grass around the area where the bodies were found was burned.

"They are young kids. Didn't get to live a life and nothing is that bad," neighbor Robert Grevious said.

The teenage boys bodies were found Sunday afternoon by a little girl riding her bike.

http://m.wlky.com/news/leaders-come-together-demand-change-after-teens-found-dead-in-alley/39690404

So sad. :(

http://www.wlky.com/news/man-arrested-in-connection-with-slaying-of-2-teens/39714712?src=app
Two arrested. This one looks like he doesn't mind be extremely vicious. I live in Louisville, about ten miles from this area. It is a very violent area rife with drugs, gangs and shootings. Although we now have almost daily shootings in the west end, this is a particularly gruesome crime even for this area. Glad the victims have been identified. Usually the families are on scene almost before the police. I was worried when no family showed up at the scene.

http://www.wlky.com/news/man-arrested-in-connection-with-slaying-of-2-teens/39714712?src=app
Two arrested. This one looks like he doesn't mind be extremely vicious. I live in Louisville, about ten miles from this area. It is a very violent area rife with drugs, gangs and shootings. Although we now have almost daily shootings in the west end, this is a particularly gruesome crime even for this area. Glad the victims have been identified. Usually the families are on scene almost before the police. I was worried when no family showed up at the scene.

I'm in Louisville for work several times per week. It's getting to the point you're taking a gamble going there here lately. :( I was a couple of blocks away from the SWAT situation last week (or the week before?) where the guy killed his landlord. And I just kept on working.

I'm glad they are identified and arrests are made. So, so sorry for their mom.

"The adult suspect, Brice Jamar Rhodes, 25, was taken into custody about 9:45 p.m. on Tuesday and charged with a slew of crimes, including a third homicide."

"Rhodes is also charged with the murder of Christopher R. Jones, 40, who was shot in the 800 block of South 41st Street on May 4. Jones later died at University of Louisville Hospital."

"Judging by several videos found on Youtube, Rhodes appears to be a rapper who went by the name Rambo. One video is called Snot, another is Body Armor and a third is called Trappin & Juggin. Each video features typical street themes such as guns and references to drugs and violence. The teen victims are shown with Rhodes in some of the scenes."

Rhodes is charged with murder, abuse of a corpse, tampering with physical evidence, harassment, several counts of assault, and a probation violation.

It is not yet known what charges the juvenile will face. Police said he provided a statement to them indicating his involvement in the crime.

The boys' grandfather said one of them was on the honor roll at school, but the other was beginning to go down the wrong path.

Lt. Todd Kessinger of the Louisville Metro Police Department Homicide Unit said a teacher at Olmstead Academy North Middle School "got the ball rolling" on the case by leading them to the victims' identities. The teacher notified police that the boys hadn't been in school. The release of composite sketches of the victims on Tuesday apparently further cemented their identities. Kessinger said the boys had not been reported missing.

Police described Rhodes as a friend of the victims' mother. Kessinger said Rhodes "ran around" with the teens on a regular basis.

Rhodes is also charged with the murder of Christopher R. Jones, 40, who was shot in the 800 block of South 41st Street on May 4. Jones later died at University of Louisville Hospital.

I'm looking at a series of homicides in a small Texas city in 2015-16.

Directly unrelated to these Louisville homicides, but related in the fact that the victims and/or perps are often juveniles or very young adults -- 18, 19, 20, etc.

I'm crying inside for these young lives.

At 25, Rhodes is also a relatively young adult, but is now one who should (and likely will be) locked up for a very long time in the valid interest of public safety.

Throwaway lives.

And, sadly, happening too often on a next-generation basis. Still.

In 2009:

Two teenagers are charged with robbing a group of basketball players at gunpoint outside the Jeffersonville Boys and Girls Club on April 24.

Tyler C. Cain, 19, and Brice Jamar Rhodes, 18, are charged with four counts of class B felony armed robbery and one count of class B felony criminal confinement.

The victims said that a group of approximately eight or 10 males arrived and confronted the victims, when one allegedly pulled out a black semi-automatic handgun.

Two victims said that a juvenile handed the gun to Rhodes and that Rhodes held the gun to the head of one of the victims while Cain searched the victims and took their property. The juvenile with the gun was later identified and arrested, but his name is not being released because of his age.

http://www.newsandtribune.com/news/...39f-509d-594c-b83f-be562f6c782a.html?mode=jqm

Three teenagers robbed four other teenagers at gunpoint of $45 and two cellphones.

Poor little boys. Tried to be men and got in too deep. My second son tried to get big shoulders too and when I didn't think I could reign him in, I sent him to his father. I know not all single mothers have an available father. Thankfully my kids did.

So I tried to watch "Rambo" videos because I wanted to see the victims but couldn't find them. I watched snot, body armor and bando. He is large and enjoys being without his shirt. Yick. I believe he is mostly Latino, he doesn't look much black and he seems to also go by Rambo Guzman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back