1021 users online (225 members and 796 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NJ - Newborn boy, New Brunswick, May 2016

Couple Charged As Police Search For Newborn Baby's Body

The body of an infant baby boy remains missing and his parents lied to the police about what happened to him, prosecutors said Friday.
    http://patch.com/new-jersey/newbruns...al-newborn-son

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/sea...ant-1.11822760
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I had to backspace to erase my initial response to this thread. I cannot understand situations like these...New Jersey has a Safe Haven law...I don't understand people that don't use it. Even if the baby was born stillborn, the act of disposing of the baby like trash is so cold.....I can't understand it.

http://www.njsafehaven.org/njsafehaven/faqs/#1
    When I was young I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older I admire kind people.

not another
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Stillborn? Wouldn't a normal person just call an ambulance? So many want children and can't have them .....then there is this

NJ - Infant boy, New Brunswick, May 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NatalieLouiseXx; 05-23-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Poor child. Thrown away as if they didn't matter. No excuse.

wtf, why, wtf is wrong w ppl......

How nice of them to get HER medical care, and do goodness only knows what with their baby.
    I opened this thread fully expecting 15 year old parents. 30 and 34? WTF?

This am I watched videos posted by adoptive parents of newborn or months-old babies, mostly from China. They were the cutest, most adorable beings, and instantly adored by their new parents. I've never had any children so I'm just awestruck, and gape at their every antic!

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by KJ's Mamu View Post
    Even if the baby was born stillborn, the act of disposing of the baby like trash is so cold.....I can't understand it.
    Exactly... stillborn babies nowadays, at least where I live (I know laws about requirements differ by jurisdiction) are given full funerals and birth certificates ... you name them, dress them and love them just as you would any baby ... I don't think it is an acceptable excuse if that is the case with this couple.

This is the most recent thing I could find about these two. I'm surprised they didn't try and make the location of the body part of the agreement, or maybe they did, but just couldn't find it.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ss..._sentence.html

A city couple accused of dumping their stillborn baby boy in the garbage have been sentenced on charges connected to the case and are awaiting deportation to Mexico, according to court records. Jaciel Torres-Lopez and Mercedes Sanchez-Torres, both of New Brunswick, were sentenced to time served as part of plea deals made with the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office on April 7, according to public defender George Nassif.
    Torres-Lopez pleaded guilty to two counts of hindering apprehension, one for his arrest and another for trying to prevent the arrest of Sanchez-Torres, who pleaded guilty to one count of hindering apprehension, according to Nassif.
    All the charges were four-degree crimes and both defendants served at least 300 days in jail, the attorney said. The other charges were dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
    Exactly... stillborn babies nowadays, at least where I live (I know laws about requirements differ by jurisdiction) are given full funerals and birth certificates ... you name them, dress them and love them just as you would any baby ... I don't think it is an acceptable excuse if that is the case with this couple.
    A baby that is dead before birth would not be given a "certificate of live birth," which is what we commonly refer to as a "birth certificate." Some government agencies will issue something like a "certificate of birth resulting in stillbirth" or similar. Which is great if such a thing brings any psychological comfort to bereaved parents.

There is never a requirement to have a funeral, whether the deceased is a stillborn, a child, or an adult. Having a funeral is a completely private decision and the government can't require it or prohibit it.

Some anti-choice politicians have attempted to make laws that require funerals for fetuses, in an effort to make abortions more expensive. But mandating that a funeral ceremony take place when the involved parties or legal next of kin do not want one is 100%, absolutely, completely outside the lawful authority of government in the United States. The government can't mandate a funeral any more than it can mandate baptism or bar mitzvahs.
    Last edited by NadirCake; 10-03-2017 at 06:04 PM.