NJ NJ - Newborn boy, New Brunswick, May 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Couple Charged As Police Search For Newborn Baby's Body
image.jpg

The body of an infant baby boy remains missing and his parents lied to the police about what happened to him, prosecutors said Friday.
http://patch.com/new-jersey/newbrunswick/couple-charged-improper-disposal-newborn-son

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/search-continues-for-remains-of-new-brunswick-infant-1.11822760

I had to backspace to erase my initial response to this thread. I cannot understand situations like these...New Jersey has a Safe Haven law...I don't understand people that don't use it. Even if the baby was born stillborn, the act of disposing of the baby like trash is so cold.....I can't understand it.

http://www.njsafehaven.org/njsafehaven/faqs/#1

Stillborn? Wouldn't a normal person just call an ambulance? So many want children and can't have them .....then there is this[emoji36]

How nice of them to get HER medical care, and do goodness only knows what with their baby.
I opened this thread fully expecting 15 year old parents. 30 and 34? WTF?

This am I watched videos posted by adoptive parents of newborn or months-old babies, mostly from China. They were the cutest, most adorable beings, and instantly adored by their new parents. I've never had any children so I'm just awestruck, and gape at their every antic!

Even if the baby was born stillborn, the act of disposing of the baby like trash is so cold.....I can't understand it.
Exactly... stillborn babies nowadays, at least where I live (I know laws about requirements differ by jurisdiction) are given full funerals and birth certificates ... you name them, dress them and love them just as you would any baby ... I don't think it is an acceptable excuse if that is the case with this couple.

This is the most recent thing I could find about these two. I'm surprised they didn't try and make the location of the body part of the agreement, or maybe they did, but just couldn't find it.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.s...used_of_dumping_baby_in_garbage_sentence.html

[FONT=&quot]A city couple accused of dumping their stillborn baby boy in the garbage have been sentenced on charges connected to the case and are awaiting deportation to Mexico, according to court records. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Jaciel Torres-Lopez and Mercedes Sanchez-Torres, both of New Brunswick, were sentenced to time served as part of plea deals made with the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office on April 7, according to public defender George Nassif. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Torres-Lopez pleaded guilty to two counts of hindering apprehension, one for his arrest and another for trying to prevent the arrest of Sanchez-Torres, who pleaded guilty to one count of hindering apprehension, according to Nassif.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All the charges were four-degree crimes and both defendants served at least 300 days in jail, the attorney said. The other charges were dropped.
[/FONT]

Exactly... stillborn babies nowadays, at least where I live (I know laws about requirements differ by jurisdiction) are given full funerals and birth certificates ... you name them, dress them and love them just as you would any baby ... I don't think it is an acceptable excuse if that is the case with this couple.

A baby that is dead before birth would not be given a "certificate of live birth," which is what we commonly refer to as a "birth certificate." Some government agencies will issue something like a "certificate of birth resulting in stillbirth" or similar. Which is great if such a thing brings any psychological comfort to bereaved parents.

There is never a requirement to have a funeral, whether the deceased is a stillborn, a child, or an adult. Having a funeral is a completely private decision and the government can't require it or prohibit it.

Some anti-choice politicians have attempted to make laws that require funerals for fetuses, in an effort to make abortions more expensive. But mandating that a funeral ceremony take place when the involved parties or legal next of kin do not want one is 100%, absolutely, completely outside the lawful authority of government in the United States. The government can't mandate a funeral any more than it can mandate baptism or bar mitzvahs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back