948 users online (130 members and 818 guests)  

Websleuths News

Post San Quentin Searches Turn Up Drugs, Weapons

POSTED: 10:27 pm PDT October 14, 2005
    UPDATED: 12:01 am PDT October 15, 2005

SAN QUENTIN -- KTVU has learned that at least one San Quentin prison guard has been relieved of duty in the wake of a prison-wide lockdown and search that turned up contraband including drugs and weapons.

Last month, the warden received information that prompted him to lockdown the prison and search it for contraband. For almost two weeks, officers searched the entire facility repeatedly.What they found seemed to surprise even long-time prison officals.

According to San Quentin spokesman Vernell Crittendon, the searches turned up "…all kinds of contraband. Slashing weapons, stabbing weapons, drugs, blow darts and bludgeoning weapons that were basically a lock in a sock or soap in a sock."

The search followed a series of troubling events on death row including racially motivated assaults, suicides and two fatal drug overdoses in the last three months.

The two men who OD'd were 27-year old Nicholas Rodriguez and 45-year old Larry Davis Jr. Both had taken heroin. Now the major challenge facing prison officials is stopping the drugs and weapons from getting to inmates on death row.

In fact, Crittendon confirmed that one guard has been put on administrative leave, but wouldn't give the reasons behind the removal from duty.

The investigation continues into how so many weapons and drugs got into the prison. Once it's over, officials will decide how to change policy and procedures to ensure it doesn't happen again. more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/5102277/detail.html
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Thanks LinasK, interesting article.

Maybe I 've watched too many movies, but for some reason this doesn't surprise me at all.

Francois and Pasqual smuggled them in

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    DRUGS?????????? WEAPONS?????????? In a federal prison??? No way!!! Unbelievable. What is this world coming to?????????

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by TisHerself
    Francois and Pasqual smuggled them in
    lol

Wonder what Scooter might have up his rectum?

I doubt that soap in a sock is being smuggled in.

When I first read this, I thought they might be talking about uzi's or something.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I'm not quite awake enough for that one....LOL

Hopefully whatever he may have up there is attached to a BIG BURLY 350 pound man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Hopefully whatever he may have up there is attached to a BIG BURLY 350 pound man!!!!

(Didn't need the visual, but I agree).

ROFL and ewwwww!!

lynie

Dave Westerfield???
    Freethought is a philosophy not a policy-
    "The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."