San Quentin Searches Turn Up Drugs, Weapons

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
POSTED: 10:27 pm PDT October 14, 2005
UPDATED: 12:01 am PDT October 15, 2005

SAN QUENTIN -- KTVU has learned that at least one San Quentin prison guard has been relieved of duty in the wake of a prison-wide lockdown and search that turned up contraband including drugs and weapons.

Last month, the warden received information that prompted him to lockdown the prison and search it for contraband. For almost two weeks, officers searched the entire facility repeatedly.What they found seemed to surprise even long-time prison officals.

According to San Quentin spokesman Vernell Crittendon, the searches turned up "…all kinds of contraband. Slashing weapons, stabbing weapons, drugs, blow darts and bludgeoning weapons that were basically a lock in a sock or soap in a sock."

The search followed a series of troubling events on death row including racially motivated assaults, suicides and two fatal drug overdoses in the last three months.

The two men who OD'd were 27-year old Nicholas Rodriguez and 45-year old Larry Davis Jr. Both had taken heroin. Now the major challenge facing prison officials is stopping the drugs and weapons from getting to inmates on death row.

In fact, Crittendon confirmed that one guard has been put on administrative leave, but wouldn't give the reasons behind the removal from duty.

The investigation continues into how so many weapons and drugs got into the prison. Once it's over, officials will decide how to change policy and procedures to ensure it doesn't happen again. more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/5102277/detail.html

Thanks LinasK, interesting article.

Maybe I 've watched too many movies, but for some reason this doesn't surprise me at all.

DRUGS?????????? WEAPONS?????????? In a federal prison??? No way!!! Unbelievable. What is this world coming to?????????

Wonder what Scooter might have up his rectum? :waitasec: :crazy:

I doubt that soap in a sock is being smuggled in.

When I first read this, I thought they might be talking about uzi's or something.

englishleigh said:

I'm not quite awake enough for that one....LOL

englishleigh said:

Hopefully whatever he may have up there is attached to a BIG BURLY 350 pound man!!!! :p :hand:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back