MT MT - Zachary Ramsay, 10, Great Falls, 6 Feb 1996

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Hoping for help in finding abducted children, a Florida woman spent three days talking to Nathan Bar-Jonah in Montana State Prison in Deer Lodge.

The convicted child molester, who is serving a 130-year sentence, talked about growing up in Massachusetts and his dream to run a halfway house for sex offenders. He also gave advice to parents on how to protect children from sexual predators.

Dinora Perry, the founder of Missing Children International Ministries, talked with Bar-Jonah in July. She videotaped the interview and recently shared the tape with the Tribune.

Prison spokeswoman Linda Moodry said despite the interest in the gruesome crime, Bar-Jonah has done only a few interviews.

"People have requested interviews of him, but he has not wanted to do them," she said.

The 48-year-old has been in Montana State Prison since April 2002, sentenced to 130 years without parole for kidnapping, sexual assault and assault with a weapon. Those charges stemmed from abusing a Great Falls teen and his 12-year-old cousin.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051016/NEWS01/510160302/1002

But throughout the conversations, Bar-Jonah maintained he had nothing to do with the disappearance of 10-year-old Zachary Ramsay from Great Falls in 1996. Although Bar-Jonah was never convicted in that case, police allegations that he kidnapped, killed and cannibalized the boy captured international media attention.

Perry said in all her off-camera conversations with Bar-Jonah, he never waivers in his innocence.

"Out of all the missing children I showed and discussed with Nate, his heart only went out for Zach Ramsay," she said.

Bar-Jonah asked her to contact Zach's mother, Rachel Howard, and recruit her to join the ministries' group Parents Against Kidnapping. Perry said he gave her Howard's name and hometown along with her relatives' names and where they could be found.

"For some reason, he is very concerned about Zach's mother," she said.

Howard's insistence that her son is alive was among factors that led prosecutors to drop the homicide charge against Bar-Jonah in October 2002.

Investigators also lacked physical evidence to link Bar-Jonah to Ramsay. The child's body was never found. Although officers dug up Bar-Jonah's garage and found crushed bones buried there, DNA tests showed they weren't Ramsay's.

Perry did not question Bar-Jonah about the bones fragments, and their source remains a mystery.

Bar-Jonah never said Ramsay's name throughout the interview, saying his initials once, but usually referring to him as the "missing boy I was charged with."

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051016/NEWS01/510160302/1002

He makes me sick! They found crushed buried bones on his property but he won't talk about them & who they belonged to. But of course, he claims he wouldn't ever do it again if released and urges OTHER murdering child sex offenders to clear their conscience by telling where the body is.....yeah okay. Talk about denial!

What a pathetic waste

Bar-Jonah died today in prison...
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/west/view.bg?articleid=1086901&=breaking

Ugh. He makes me sick. I hope the authorities are wrong in what they think happened to Zach.

"Authorities said they had evidence suggesting Bar-Jonah had butchered the boy and disposed of his body in meals served to neighbors."

Prayers are with his family. Hopefully they are still able to find some answers.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351232,00.html

I didn't know where to put this one. I personally had never heard of him. I looked for him on other threads and found nothing. But I know that most here are glad to hear when a child molester passes away. He was already in prison and would have been there the rest of his natural life, but I guess now society doesn't have to worry about him escaping or being accidently released.

I cannot express how upset I am that this poor poor man had to die in prison.

HA! Right. Adios !

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351232,00.html

I didn't know where to put this one. I personally had never heard of him. I looked for him on other threads and found nothing. But I know that most here are glad to hear when a child molester passes away. He was already in prison and would have been there the rest of his natural life, but I guess now society doesn't have to worry about him escaping or being accidently released.

Oh MsRusty, David Paul Brown was a cold blooded child murderer. He was put away in that Bridgewater Treatment Center and was let out and killed and molested again. He named himself Nathaniel Bar-Jonah the lousey . God rest the souls of the children he murdered. He was made to only move with his mother to Montana from Massachuestets and that was it. He never spoke about the list LE found that they believe was the names of children he murdered.

Oh MsRusty, David Paul Brown was a cold blooded child murderer. He was put away in that Bridgewater Treatment Center and was let out and killed and molested again. He named himself Nathaniel Bar-Jonah the lousey . God rest the souls of the children he murdered. He was made to only move with his mother to Montana from Massachuestets and that was it. He never spoke about the list LE found that they believe was the names of children he murdered.

This was one of the most horrific cases that I've ever read about, I can't say I'm unhappy that this guys dead.

Yes, just what little I read about him in the article he sounds like a monster. I don't remember hearing about him before. What was with the name change? Did they (LE?) give him a new identity?

It is a good day for saving the taxpayer's money when scum like this dies.:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yay! This was one really evil SOB and sadly he wasn't tortured to death and fed to wild animals like he sooooo deserved but maybe right about now he is burning in Hell so I will be glad!

He probably killed more children and molested sooo many more children than we will ever know about. He does not deserve any PITY or MERCY from anyone. He had zero remorse. :furious:

Yes, just what little I read about him in the article he sounds like a monster. I don't remember hearing about him before. What was with the name change? Did they (LE?) give him a new identity?

Naw that creep changed his own name. He picked several Jewish names he said because he wanted to know how it felt to be persecuted. Crazy like a fox. That one little boy was just sitting in the car when his mom ran in the post office and that freak jumped in the car and sat on this little boy. He got caught though as several people saw him and he lies and said he just wanted to get out of the rain. Thank goodness that little boy wasn't abducted. Meanwhile, yes I guess we all can just change our names for whatever reason. It was awful what the families of those children had to go through looking at this ugly creep at trial, and keep hearing him called by a name he just made up in his sick head.

Read about this right now. I have one word to offer in response to the title of this thread--- the word is " GOOD "

Bar-Jonah was only 51 years old, I wonder what he died of. Of course people in prisons tend to die young -- even if they are not outright killed, the health care system in prison is not so good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back