CA CA - Livermore, WhtFem Skeletal UP14953, 19-21, Apple Pie Images on Socks, Mar'78

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a new listing for a cold-case young female UID just added last month to NamUs:

NamUs UP # 14953 https://identifyus.org/cases/14953

Unidentified White Female

Found on March 01, 1978, South of Mile Marker 3.40 on Mountain House Road, Livermore (Alameda County), California

Vital Statistics
Approx Age: 19-21 years
Height 66 inches (5 feet 6 inches), Estimated
Weight 110 pounds, Estimated
Hair Long dark and quite wavy. 12 inches or more.
Body Hair The hair on the legs was rather long, consistent with not shaving the legs. Pubic hair was black

Body Condition:
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only; (one or more Hands not recovered)
Probable Year of Death: 1977-1978
Estimated postmortem interval: Months​

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing
* Light blue or gray colored cotton knit blouse or shirt. The neckline and arm holes show some embroidered or lace cloth surrounding it.
* Light blue denim pants with quilting around the hips and from knees down. Pants had zipper front with metal button, 2 small front pockets, and no rear pockets. Brand name "On Time" by "Prime Time". Waist 29, Inseam 35.5, "Made in British Colony Hong Kong, 100% Cotton RN45507".
* Light brown waist to feet panty hose.
* Calf-length multi-colored tye-dye socks, "My Apple Pie" with printed forks and apple pie designs all over socks.
* White cloth knitted pattern panties.
* Cardigan-type orange knit sweater with seven buttons and seven buttonholes on the front. The sweater had no collar and no label.

Footwear
None​

Circumstances
Partially decomposed female found on the side of the road near mile marker 3.40 on Mountain House Road, Livermore.​

Identifiers:
Fingerprints: Not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA: Sample Submitted - Tests Complete​

When I read this UID's case info, I instantly thought of Rodney Alcala. Anyone else? He was very active in California 1977-'79.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Especially since the first possible whom I looked at was Lynn Ruth Connes.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/connes_lynn.html

Lynn didn't have black hair, and was wearing different clothing when LKA, so I quickly discounted her as a possible. But her narrative is very suggestive of an Alcala-related disappearance.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Especially since the first possible whom I looked at was Lynn Ruth Connes.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/connes_lynn.html

Lynn didn't have black hair, and was wearing different clothing when LKA, so I quickly discounted her as a possible. But her narrative is very suggestive of an Alcala-related disappearance.
I've never heard of Lynn before. Definitely a high chance of being an Alcala victim. Jeff could be thought as John which was Alcala's alias.

I didn't think to look at 1976 disappearances, but I'm not sure if the body was there long enough before discovery. I wasn't having much luck with 1977 disappearances to compare with this UID.

I didn't think to look at 1976 disappearances, but I'm not sure if the body was there long enough before discovery. I wasn't having much luck with 1977 disappearances to compare with this UID.

Yes, we would probably be looking for 1977 disappearances, since her hair (head hair, leg hair, pubic hair) were still intact. Had she been there more than a year, it is unlikely that much hair would have been found with the body. That was another reason for discounting Lynn Connes.

Any Doe Network page for this JD?
Jane Doe has just been added to DoeNetwork.

1577UFCA

Date of Discovery: March 1, 1978
Location of Discovery: Livermore, Alameda County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Months prior
State of Remains: Partial skeletal parts
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 19-21 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'6", estimated
Weight: 110 lbs., estimated
Hair Color: Black, long - 12" or more, and wavy
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: The hair on the legs was rather long, consistent with not shaving. Pubic hair was black.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Light blue or gray colored cotton knit blouse or shirt, the neckline and arm holes show some embroidered or lace cloth surrounding it; light blue denim pants with quilting around the hips and from knees down, pants had zipper front with metal button, 2 small front pockets, and no rear pockets, brand name On Time by Prime Time, waist 29, inseam 35.5, label Made in British Colony Hong Kong, 100% Cotton RN45507; light brown waist to feet panty hose; calf-length multi-colored tye-dye socks, My Apple Pie with printed forks and apple pie designs all over socks; white cloth knitted pattern panties; no shoes.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Found near the body was a cardigan-type orange knit sweater with seven buttons and seven buttonholes on the front; no collar or label.

Circumstances of Discovery
The partially decomposed remains of the decedent was found on the side of the road near mile marker 3.40 on Mountain House Road in Livermore, California on March 1, 1978. One or both hands were not recovered.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Alameda County Sheriff's Office-Coroner's Bureau
Agency Contact Person: Jesika Grubaugh, Medicolegal Death Investigator
Agency Phone Number: 510-382-3000
Agency E-Mail: ACSOCoroner(at)acgov.org
Agency Case Number: 78-00482

Agency Name: Alameda County Sheriff's Office-Homicide Unit
Agency Contact Person: Sean McMillian, Detective Sergeant
Agency Phone Number: 510-667-3651
Agency E-Mail: Unknown
Agency Case Number: 78-50829

NCIC Case Number: Unknown