1247 users online (212 members and 1035 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - Jose Castillo-Cisneros, 3, brutally murdered, Battle Ground, 24 May 2016

A Battle Ground man suspected of killing his girlfriend’s 3-year-old son Monday night allegedly beat and stabbed the boy to death after the child started crying over a movie that he didn’t want to watch, according to court records. The boy, identified in court records as Jose Castillo-Cisneros, but who went by Pepe, later died of his injuries at an area hospital. Police arrested Ricardo Gutierrez at the scene.

Gutierrez, 39, made his first court appearance Tuesday morning in Clark County Superior Court on suspicion of first-degree murder. Judge Daniel Stahnke set his bail at $1.5 million.

Gutierrez lived at the Battle Ground residence and was in a relationship with the victim’s mother but was not the boy’s father, Battle Ground Police Department spokeswoman Bonnie Gilberti said. Gutierrez had lived at the residence for only a couple of months, court records say. Pepe had autism...
    http://www.columbian.com/news/2016/m...murder-charge/
    Jose-Castillo-Cisneros3.jpg

OMG another child.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

😢😞

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

WA - Jose Castillo-Cisneros, 3, Murdered By Mother's Boyfriend. May, 2016

This article is a must-read, even though you will be in tears and by the time you're done. Thank you, PastTense, for starting a thread for this beautiful little boy, who everyone knew as Pepe....

More from the extensive write up in The Columbian
    [...]
    The mother’s account

Cisneros was washing dishes when she heard the children crying upstairs. She said she rushed upstairs and went into a bedroom to see Gutierrez throwing Pepe against the wall. There was a large hole in the drywall. She said Gutierrez was trying to choke Pepe, according to the affidavit.

Cisneros told Gutierrez that he was killing Pepe, she said, but he wouldn’t stop. She placed her 1-month-old son on top of Pepe to keep Gutierrez from assaulting him further. But that didn’t work, according to court documents. It’s unclear if the 1-month-old was injured.

Gutierrez stopped when it appeared Pepe was no longer breathing, court records said. Cisneros suffered injuries to her leg and neck, and a possible broken arm during the assault, police said.

The 9-year-old girl told police she was upstairs with her brother watching a movie when he started crying because he didn’t want to watch that movie. Pepe went into Gutierrez’s bedroom. Gutierrez became enraged by the boy’s crying, she said, and tried to pull him into the room, the affidavit said. The girl said Gutierrez hated Pepe.

Gutierrez told police that he doesn’t remember assaulting Pepe. He said he remembered going out to dinner with the family earlier that evening. After that, he was being handcuffed by police. Gutierrez said he has blacked out in the past from anger, the affidavit said.
    [...]

He is set to be arraigned June 3.

The Battle Ground Police Department and the Clark County Sheriff’s Major Crimes Unit are continuing an investigation into the incident.
    [...]

BBM1: Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot!!!! Who placed a one month old infant into harm's way like that?

(ETA: BIUBM: I'm also wondering if the one month old is biologically related to the murderer (and Pepe was not), and if that was part of the entire DV dynamic that was going on? In addition to the stressor of the daily life of raising Pepe? Not that there is ANY excuse! That said, it is still BEYOND the pale that a baby was used as a human shield. I'm trying to understand the thought process of using a one month old to "calm the beast" especially one in a murderous rage."

There's NO excuse for it, regardless! I can't imagine any parent doing something like that. Depending on development, some infants at that age can barely hold their heads up!

BBM2: Ugh, how many times have we heard this one? The article mentions a previous attempted murder charge, and a history of DV (his past victim was in a coma and on sa ventilator FCOL!). To say Gutierrez has "anger management issues" is the understatement of the Millenium. He had no business around any children (much less Pepe, OR an infant).

Both require patience and loving attention at all times! I implore my fellow WSers to read PastTense's linked article above. It describes Pepe's recent positive strides in his life.

Memorial for Pepe linked by The Columbian's YouTube Channel

Look at this smile! I can't believe he's gone - forever. What's worse is how he suffered SO tremendously. It is cases like these that tear me apart. As a DV survivor, they bring trigger emotions I try to keep buried deep inside.

Image of Pepe from the slideshow

If / when the Probable Cause documents are released, then we will know more (and our hearts will break further). I just hope I am wrong. Our children deserve to grow up in a safe place.

The fire is lit for me, and I will not rest until this beautiful little boy's voice is heard...

#JusticeForPepe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kimi_SFC; 05-25-2016 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Typo / massively clarify my sleep deprived / coffee-less thoughts :coffeews:
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Hayes said it’s likely an assault charge will also be filed against Gutierrez in this case. He asked Stahnke to set Gutierrez’s bail at $1 million.

Gutierrez’s court-appointed defense attorney, Ed Dunkerly, said that bail amount is unreasonable.

“I also don’t think that’s reasonable,” Stahnke said. “I’ll set it at $1.5 million.”

Stahnke ordered that Gutierrez is not to have contact with his girlfriend or her other children.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2016/m...murder-charge/

I like this judge. Just sayin. Defense attorney whines and says the bail is unreasonable. Judge agrees and raises it.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

omg I cant even. I have a 3 year old boy. this hurts me so bad, that poor baby.

Quote Originally Posted by kimi_SFC View Post
    This article is a must-read, even though you will be in tears and by the time you're done. Thank you, PastTense, for starting a thread for this beautiful little boy, who everyone knew as Pepe....

More from the extensive write up in The Columbian
    [...]
    The mother’s account

Cisneros was washing dishes when she heard the children crying upstairs. She said she rushed upstairs and went into a bedroom to see Gutierrez throwing Pepe against the wall. There was a large hole in the drywall. She said Gutierrez was trying to choke Pepe, according to the affidavit.

Cisneros told Gutierrez that he was killing Pepe, she said, but he wouldn’t stop. She placed her 1-month-old son on top of Pepe to keep Gutierrez from assaulting him further. But that didn’t work, according to court documents. It’s unclear if the 1-month-old was injured.

Gutierrez stopped when it appeared Pepe was no longer breathing, court records said. Cisneros suffered injuries to her leg and neck, and a possible broken arm during the assault, police said.

The 9-year-old girl told police she was upstairs with her brother watching a movie when he started crying because he didn’t want to watch that movie. Pepe went into Gutierrez’s bedroom. Gutierrez became enraged by the boy’s crying, she said, and tried to pull him into the room, the affidavit said. The girl said Gutierrez hated Pepe.

Gutierrez told police that he doesn’t remember assaulting Pepe. He said he remembered going out to dinner with the family earlier that evening. After that, he was being handcuffed by police. Gutierrez said he has blacked out in the past from anger, the affidavit said.
    [...]

The Battle Ground Police Department and the Clark County Sheriff’s Major Crimes Unit are continuing an investigation into the incident.
    [...]

BBM1: Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot!!!! Who placed a one month old infant into harm's way like that?

(ETA: BIUBM: I'm also wondering if the one month old is biologically related to the murderer (and Pepe was not), and if that was part of the entire DV dynamic that was going on? In addition to the stressor of the daily life of raising Pepe? Not that there is ANY excuse! That said, it is still BEYOND the pale that a baby was used as a human shield. I'm trying to understand the thought process of using a one month old to "calm the beast" especially one in a murderous rage."

There's NO excuse for it, regardless! I can't imagine any parent doing something like that. Depending on development, some infants at that age can barely hold their heads up!

BBM2: Ugh, how many times have we heard this one? The article mentions a previous attempted murder charge, and a history of DV (his past victim was in a coma and on sa ventilator FCOL!). To say Gutierrez has "anger management issues" is the understatement of the Millenium. He had no business around any children (much less Pepe, OR an infant).

Both require patience and loving attention at all times! I implore my fellow WSers to read PastTense's linked article above. It describes Pepe's recent positive strides in his life.

Memorial for Pepe linked by The Columbian's YouTube Channel

Look at this smile! I can't believe he's gone - forever. What's worse is how he suffered SO tremendously. It is cases like these that tear me apart. As a DV survivor, they bring trigger emotions I try to keep buried deep inside.

Image of Pepe from the slideshow

If / when the Probable Cause documents are released, then we will know more (and our hearts will break further). I just hope I am wrong. Our children deserve to grow up in a safe place.

The fire is lit for me, and I will not rest until this beautiful little boy's voice is heard...

#JusticeForPepe

bumping because people need to know about this boy and this story. This has to stop.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

I think of my own son who is growing and learning but still very much a baby and I cant imagine anyone wanting to stab or punch him. my heart I wish women would be discerning with their partners.

Absolutely devastating. I live very near this small community, and to say that hearts are broken over this sweet boy is an understatement.

I opened this and cried again. I cant even look at his pic

http://komonews.com/news/local/insan...tle-ground-boy

Ricardo Guttierez Jr., 39, still has not been arraigned on the murder charge. His defense attorney is working on an insanity plea, and asked the judge for more time to prepare the case. The judge and prosecutor agreed.

Guttierez will next appear for a progress check on the case on Aug. 1. His arraignment is now scheduled for mid-September.

Thank you for the update OkieGranny

I'm disheartened to know that an insanity defense is being prepared in this case

Every time I look at Pepe's picture, with his beaming smile, I have a physical reaction, knowing he will never smile like that again on this earth, in THIS life! It is infuriating!

The adjudication process will now be drawn out even further. Once again, the rights of the defendant outweigh that of the victim. It is up to The State, and #WeThePeople, to ensure this little boy's voice is heard!

I know I sound like a broken record, but it's a fact: our laws must be changed. All victims (especially child victims) deserve to have a Bill of Rights on the books (or better yet, Constitutionally Guaranteed), that insures they are protected throughout the legal process.

Until this happens, the scales are not balanced - far from it.

#JusticeForPepe

findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

hear hear! he was so damn cute. I cant even....

Quote Originally Posted by kimi_SFC View Post
    Thank you for the update OkieGranny

I'm disheartened to know that an insanity defense is being prepared in this case

Every time I look at Pepe's picture, with his beaming smile, I have a physical reaction, knowing he will never smile like that again on this earth, in THIS life! It is infuriating!

The adjudication process will now be drawn out even further. Once again, the rights of the defendant outweigh that of the victim. It is up to The State, and #WeThePeople, to ensure this little boy's voice is heard!

I know I sound like a broken record, but it's a fact: our laws must be changed. All victims (especially child victims) deserve to have a Bill of Rights on the books (or better yet, Constitutionally Guaranteed), that insures they are protected throughout the legal process.

Until this happens, the scales are not balanced - far from it.

#JusticeForPepe

September 2016:

Man arraigned in Battle Ground toddler’s death, pleads not guilty

http://www.columbian.com/news/2016/s...ds-not-guilty/

A Battle Ground man accused of killing his girlfriend’s 3-year-old son entered not-guilty pleas Monday in Clark County Superior Court, though his attorney said he may enter an insanity plea at a later date.

Ricardo Gutierrez, 39, faces charges of first-degree domestic violence murder and second-degree domestic violence assault for allegedly beating and stabbing Jose “Pepe” Castillo-Cisneros to death May 23 at their Battle Ground home. He was not the boy’s father.

Judge Robert Lewis also granted the defense’s waiver of speedy trial and set Gutierrez’s trial date for June 26. His next hearing will be Nov. 8.

Suspect in child’s death requests bench trial

http://www.columbian.com/news/2017/a...s-bench-trial/

A Battle Ground man accused of killing his girlfriend’s 3-year-old son in May 2016 has requested a bench trial with no jury.

The trial for Ricardo Gutierrez is scheduled to begin Nov. 27 in front of Clark County Superior Court Judge Robert Lewis.