634 users online (69 members and 565 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1061
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Being
    Posts
    15,869

    Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #16

    Please continue discussion here until the trial resumes with closing arguments beginning Wednesday, June 1.

    Special note to any Websleuths members who may attend court:

    Whatever you hear in the courtroom that is being discussed outside the presence of the jury is NOT to be brought to the threads.



    As always, please be respectful and remember:

    The Rules

    Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

    Your Ignore List and You


    Last edited by sillybilly; 05-26-2016 at 04:12 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Being
    Posts
    15,869
    Remembering Tim Bosma and waiting for Justice


    National Post



    By Molly Hayes



    TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER
    Photo courtesy of the Bosma family

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Being
    Posts
    15,869

    Tim Bosma and his baby daughter
    Photo courtesy of the Bosma family


    Tim and Sharlene Bosma's wedding pic displayed at the memorial for Tim
    from: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/62...hter-to-court/
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CA always, FL now
    Posts
    19,354
    Jury has now heard all the evidence
    By Adam Carter, CBC News May 25, 2016

    Mark Smich maintains prosecutor is wrong, says he wasn't present when Bosma shot

    After a gruelling four months, the jury has heard the entirety of the evidence at the trial of two men accused of killing Hamilton man Tim Bosma.

    The cross-examination of Mark Smich concluded Wednesday afternoon.

    Smich's lawyer, Thomas Dungey, finished his re-examination with one question for his client.

    "Did you kill Mr. Bosma?" Dungey asked.

    "No, I did not," Smich said.

    Prosecutor Craig Fraser ended his cross-examination on a very different note. He referred back to the testimony of Smich's girlfriend Marlena Meneses, who Smich has agreed was a good, honest person.

    [...]

    Here's what's next

    Though the evidence is complete, the trial is not yet finished. All of the lawyers will now meet with Justice Andrew Goodman for a two-part "pre-charge conference" before closing arguments and Goodman's charge to the jury.

    The lawyer's closing arguments to the jury will begin on Wednesday, June 1.

    Earlier in the day, the Crown alleged that Bosma was shot in a field just minutes away from his home, and both Millard and Smich were in on the plan.

    Fraser told the jury the Crown's theory is Bosma was shot in a field just around the corner from his rural home in Ancaster, Ont., shortly after leaving his house with Millard and Smich to take them on a test drive of a pickup truck he was trying to sell

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    235
    The more and more I think about this case the more I think it was about a planned murder and the truck was just the icing on the cake. Even them showing their faces and being sketchy if they wanted to steal that truck later that night or the next day it could have been done no issue. Truck theft is so big in this area that the police would've taken a statement and even though so sketchy people were by the night before it would likely have been still chalked up to being on the reserve gutted and torched. That's what happens with the majority of truck thefts here.

    I still don't grasp the scoping either. Why see if you like it? Steal it and then see if you do. If not chop it down sell its parts and buy one legitimately. These guys were involved in enough thefts and criminal activity to know that parts sell quick and chopped down more then an entire truck.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,170
    For those that are asking about the chip key. YES, TB'S truck had the chip key.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    25
    One thing that seems to keep being a sticking point for me, that still gives me the tiniest bit of doubt about Smich's knowledge of the plan ahead of time, is the fact that he truly does seem like he's cleaned up his act and is a very different person now and I could see how someone in his position would only make the decision to testify because he felt the need to come clean about what happened, being overcome with guilt. But on the other hand, has he changed so much that he wouldn't tell half-truths to mostly cover his own ass? Is that even real change at all?
    I'm like 95% on him. But the other 5% can see how it's possible he really wasn't expecting DM to do what he did.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAWG View Post
    The more and more I think about this case the more I think it was about a planned murder and the truck was just the icing on the cake. Even them showing their faces and being sketchy if they wanted to steal that truck later that night or the next day it could have been done no issue. Truck theft is so big in this area that the police would've taken a statement and even though so sketchy people were by the night before it would likely have been still chalked up to being on the reserve gutted and torched. That's what happens with the majority of truck thefts here.

    I still don't grasp the scoping either. Why see if you like it? Steal it and then see if you do. If not chop it down sell its parts and buy one legitimately. These guys were involved in enough thefts and criminal activity to know that parts sell quick and chopped down more then an entire truck.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree it was planned.

    As for you not grasping the scoping fictional story, it's because you are not an accused facing first degree who needs desperately to attempt a plausible story that removes you from the most severe of charges. A story the aligns with much of the evidence the accused had the privilege to sit through.

    DM through his legal team never confirmed the test drive was just a scoping mission. And I still believe that the conversation DM had with AM about IT's 'mission' being a failure on the 5th shows it to be more.

    MS's lifestyle and his relationship with DM when combined with DM's weird world, created the evil atmosphere for a partnership in premeditated murder. DM was the 'big' planner, the 'big' dreamer, and the 'big' untouchable that these minions were reluctant to 2nd guess. DM took innocent minions to be involved in theft missions, and he took MS, a minion with a lengthy criminal record to the next level, premeditated murder.

    There is much more to this horror story, and once all charges still working their way through the courts is complete, it will be even that more difficult to grasp.

    MOO

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Katpaws View Post
    One thing that seems to keep being a sticking point for me, that still gives me the tiniest bit of doubt about Smich's knowledge of the plan ahead of time, is the fact that he truly does seem like he's cleaned up his act and is a very different person now and I could see how someone in his position would only make the decision to testify because he felt the need to come clean about what happened, being overcome with guilt. But on the other hand, has he changed so much that he wouldn't tell half-truths to mostly cover his own ass? Is that even real change at all?
    I'm like 95% on him. But the other 5% can see how it's possible he really wasn't expecting DM to do what he did.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seriously? This is the same guy, just nicer clothes and a decent haircut. He just spent nine days on the stand lying his ass off, he's never showed any remorse whatsoever, and he is still uncooperative in helping the police find the gun. Smich is every bit as dangerous as Delon Millard, don't kid yourself.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,538
    Paraphrasing from yesterday...

    Fraser: You met with Millard for 50 minutes, what did you talk about?

    Smich: I don't remember

    Fraser: You talked about hiding the guns and drugs!

    Smich: Thats not true.


    So how would Smich know that they didn't talk about the guns and drugs if he didn't remember the conversation?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southwest Ontario
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Katpaws View Post
    One thing that seems to keep being a sticking point for me, that still gives me the tiniest bit of doubt about Smich's knowledge of the plan ahead of time, is the fact that he truly does seem like he's cleaned up his act and is a very different person now and I could see how someone in his position would only make the decision to testify because he felt the need to come clean about what happened, being overcome with guilt. But on the other hand, has he changed so much that he wouldn't tell half-truths to mostly cover his own ass? Is that even real change at all?
    I'm like 95% on him. But the other 5% can see how it's possible he really wasn't expecting DM to do what he did.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BBM

    The point is that it doesn't matter who or what he seemingly is today. It's all about what he did 3 years ago. 3 years ago he and another person brutally murdered an innocent young father and then incinerated him. For these facts, he's going to prison for a long time.
    What goes around comes around

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by andreww View Post
    Seriously? This is the same guy, just nicer clothes and a decent haircut. He just spent nine days on the stand lying his ass off, he's never showed any remorse whatsoever, and he is still uncooperative in helping the police find the gun. Smich is every bit as dangerous as Delon Millard, don't kid yourself.
    Agreed the whole new image was put together by his lawyer. He lied a good amount and likely told some half truths. He was quick to dish the blame on everyone. Any evidence that was given to show his full intentions he lost his memory or said witnesses were wrong (7 - 8 witnesses. I can understand one witness, but this many aren't wrong.) He forget some of the most crucial info because he was scared and confused. Yet any small info that could put him in a better light he somehow remembered. I don't believe very much of his testimony was credible (maybe 10%.) The rest was around selective memory and to fit what the disclosure he was given. He is just your typical liar. Tell half truths, blame others for everything, quickly accuse everyone else of lying and attempt to play the poor me victim card. All the evidence has suggested the opposite that he was just as willing to do this as Millard. The only reason he has shown any reason for change is he got caught.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by andreww View Post
    Seriously? This is the same guy, just nicer clothes and a decent haircut. He just spent nine days on the stand lying his ass off, he's never showed any remorse whatsoever, and he is still uncooperative in helping the police find the gun. Smich is every bit as dangerous as Delon Millard, don't kid yourself.
    To an extent, I don't disagree, I can just see possibility in what he says and that gets under my skin even though I'm mostly convinced he knew what was up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgrove View Post
    BBM

    The point is that it doesn't matter who or what he seemingly is today. It's all about what he did 3 years ago. 3 years ago he and another person brutally murdered an innocent young father and then incinerated him. For these facts, he's going to prison for a long time.
    Yes, you're right about the seeming part.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Katpaws View Post
    One thing that seems to keep being a sticking point for me, that still gives me the tiniest bit of doubt about Smich's knowledge of the plan ahead of time, is the fact that he truly does seem like he's cleaned up his act and is a very different person now and I could see how someone in his position would only make the decision to testify because he felt the need to come clean about what happened, being overcome with guilt. But on the other hand, has he changed so much that he wouldn't tell half-truths to mostly cover his own ass? Is that even real change at all?
    I'm like 95% on him. But the other 5% can see how it's possible he really wasn't expecting DM to do what he did.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I see what you are saying, I think of one thing if they didn't get caught would he still be out there living that life? My guess is yes. I feel like we find this crime so senseless and can't understand why they would kill over a truck that a lot of people are willing to except smichs story since it fits the some of the evidence. I do agree with you though if he really changed his life for the better he still wouldn't be trying to covering his butt. I know some witnesses lied, but that many. Not a chance

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #14
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 709
    Last Post: 05-16-2016, 10:38 AM
  2. Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #10
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 303
    Last Post: 04-18-2016, 11:12 AM
  3. Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 1101
    Last Post: 04-12-2016, 02:45 PM
  4. Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #3
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 499
    Last Post: 02-22-2016, 10:52 AM
  5. Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #2
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 459
    Last Post: 02-16-2016, 11:21 AM

Tags for this Thread