1026 users online (263 members and 763 guests)  

Websleuths News

AL - Tavaneka Sellers, 18, Birmingham, 12 May 1998

The homicide of Tavaneka Sellers remains unsolved 18 years later.

On May 12th, 1998, Tavaneka Nicole Sellers was a missing person.

On May 30, 1998, Nicole's body was found in a shallow grave in the 5400 block of 30th Way North near the North Birmingham, AL landfill. Her body was enclosed in a black trash bag. There were no clothes and only one ring (the one her ex-boyfriend gave her). She always wore acrylic nails and some of them were missing as well. She was identified by her fingerprint cards that her mother had taken when she was a toddler.

Nicole worked at Baby-R-Us and attended Ensley High School. There was no money taken. One uniform for work and a school uniform and her black mesh backpack was missing. She never made it to school nor to work.

Murder of 18-year-old girl found partially nude in 1998 remains unsolved

Sellers’ mother said all the time passed has taken its toll on her, but she isn't giving up hope completely on finding out what happened to her daughter.

“Over the years, my heart has hardened, so it's like I’m not begging for answers anymore. I know when God is ready, it's gonna happen. In His time, not mine,” Vera Sellers said.

Families talk about cold case murders, hoping to find justice!
    This month's case features: Tavaneka Sellers. Families talk about cold case murders, hoping to find justice!
    This month's case features: Tavaneka Sellers.

Last edited by Tulessa; 05-26-2016 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to include link.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.