NBA player Bryce Dejean-Jones fatally shot, Dallas, May 28, 2016

JeannaT

Former Member
Reaction score
[video]http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/28/us/nba-player-fatally-shot/index.html[/video]

If this is true, that he mistakenly arrived at the wrong apartment, and kicked down the front door, went through apartment and kicked down the bedroom door where the resident was calling out to him, sorry, that's what happens in the night when a man kicks down doors. They get shot.

Why did he feel the need to kick down TWO doors of what he mistakenly thought was his girlfriend's apartment?

It sounds like maybe the girlfriend avoided a violent encounter. If he was planning to break in all along.

But perhaps he thought the GF changed the locks when his key wouldn't fit, got mad and jealous when he heard the male voice from what he thought was the gf's apartment.

It sounds like maybe the girlfriend avoided a violent encounter. If he was planning to break in all along.

But perhaps he thought the GF changed the locks when his key wouldn't fit, got mad and jealous when he heard the male voice from what he thought was the gf's apartment.

That's what it sounds like. Why would he think he had to kick in the girlfriends' door when he returned? She was there with a 1 yr old. That makes no sense unless he thought she was angry and locking him out.

I really hope they don't charge the shooter with anything. If someone kicks in my front door, then kicks in my bedroom door, I am going to shoot them the second they come through that door. I am sorry. But at that point there is no time for any more questions or clarifications.

Once he kicked in the front door, didn't he notice it wasn't his girlfriend's apartment? I think he might have been drunk or high at that point. Otherwise he wouldn't have gone to the wrong apartment and kicked in the door. JMO

I really hope they don't charge the shooter with anything. If someone kicks in my front door, then kicks in my bedroom door, I am going to shoot them the second they come through that door. I am sorry. But at that point there is no time for any more questions or clarifications.

Once he kicked in the front door, didn't he notice it wasn't his girlfriend's apartment? I think he might have been drunk or high at that point. Otherwise he wouldn't have gone to the wrong apartment and kicked in the door. JMO

I don't think you have to worry about the shooter being charged. This is TX after all. People in much more iffy cases than this one don't get charged in TX.

I don't think you have to worry about the shooter being charged. This is TX after all. People in much more iffy cases than this one don't get charged in TX.

Yes. If they charge this resident with a crime, there is no point at all in the Castle Doctrine where you have the right to defend your home against intruders. Anyone would say this resident had a reasonable fear for his life.

And I do wonder, too, what would have happened if he had found the right apartment. Would he have been charged at least with breaking and entering? It's not like she owns the home - this is a rented apartment he just kicked in to.

According to the above linked article this 23-year-old has a long history of anger management issues and also a history of attacking another person, breaking their nose.

I'm sure the estranged girlfriend is feeling very relieved that he did NOT find her apartment!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back