602 users online (73 members and 529 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
    There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
    POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities. As U.S. 23 leads away from Columbus, business parks and strip malls give way to lush stretches of farmland dotted with old farmhouses and rusted silos. Farther south into the Appalachian foothills, churches, pickup trucks and Confederate flags become more common.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

MOD NOTE: Tricia has given permission for sleuths to discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

MOD NOTE: Please don't speculate about the current custody of the minor children who were left alive. It is a blessing they are alive. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. one day they will google their names. And plenty will come up. Thanks.

MOD NOTE: DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10
    Thread #11
    Thread #12
    Thread #13
    Thread #14
    Thread #15
    Thread #16

Victims

link

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden
    Last edited by tlcya; 06-11-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

"It was there, in his usual straightforward and direct manner, that Reader told the family this was no random act, that the Rhodens had been targeted for a reason. And he told them he believed that someone sitting inside that house of God knew why."

http://http://www.dispatch.com/conte...-lookback.html

So in the new article it states some had soft tissue bruising meaning not just CR1. IMO this points to more than just 1 fighting back and being awake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mmaaix View Post
    So in the new article it states some had soft tissue bruising meaning not just CR1. IMO this points to more than just 1 fighting back and being awake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bringing link over from previous thread for article Sunday, May 29,2016
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...-lookback.html

In answer about the mail boxes being down. I'm sure that was to get the mobile homes out on the road.

The ride-along part of the video gives better perspective as to just how far away DR's house was from CRsr/FRs trailers. There is no way that killing everyone at DRs was done because they could have seen or heard the actual murders of CRsr/GR/FR/HG - they are just too far away for that to be necessary.

So either DR/CRjr/HR were killed because on or more of them knew who had been with CRsr that night, or they knew enough to point the finger at the killer, or they were somehow involved in whatever was the motivation for the killing (either in reality or in the mind of the killer). And just like with KR, it does indicate that the killer was familiar enough with the family to know who lived where, especially since housing arrangements had recently changed for several family members.

I do think that FR/HG could possibly have been killed simply due to their proximity to CRsr/GR or vice versa.

Traveling a mile to DRs house is not that much different than going over to KRs. It had to be a deliberate move, not just a case of 'wrong place, wrong time'.

BTW, what the heck is the difference between a hilljack and a hillbilly? The mayor uses both terms in this interview and until now I'd never heard of a 'hilljack'.

Since they towed so many cars, are intercepting mail, has anyone considered this (chop shops) to be the linked criminal activity? http://www.trentonian.com/article/TT...NEWS/160209815
    Last edited by Sunday; 05-29-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ColMustard View Post
    DS has done three interviews on video that I'm aware of. Odd that only one is still available.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColMustard View Post
    First, the video interview at the church by Daily Mail, where he first details the money scattered on KR's legs. Dailymail only has pics from that interview now.

Second, the interview at the Dogwood Festival, the weekend just after the murders, 1-2 days after..

Third, this one, http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/pike-co-...y-of-massacre/

From his description and head movement, it does sound like he has to gain height in order to see KR's face.

I keep coming back to the part in this last interview where DS says "...and I draped...", then corrects himself saying "ahumm.. raised my head up and looked..."

"Draped"??? Quite a different word than "raised"
    Quote messed up ... brought from last thread, first one is mine, the last line is a reply from PDub.

Hate to say why that bugs me, since it's so speculative, but I guess many posts here are.

Could be that he just caught himself misusing the word to describe craning his neck to see over the bed, but that wasn't my first thought. Would be interesting to hear what an expert in body language thinks about that interview.

As an aside... Sounds like he may be tired of repeating that story, either verbally to others or going over it with himself.

Would also be interesting to know how the cell phone signal is at the LF/KR location. Always thought that could be the reason for them going up the road before calling 911. However, that action comes into question if the cell signal is good there. I do know in some places, one cell carrier may have a usable signal, while others do not. They could also have gone looking for a box number since KR had no mailbox according to the 911 call.
    Last edited by tlcya; 05-29-2016 at 12:03 PM. Reason: repair broken quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Rixey View Post

The ride-along part of the video gives better perspective as to just how far away DR's house was from CRsr/FRs trailers. There is no way that killing everyone at DRs was done because they could have seen or heard the actual murders of CRsr/GR/FR/HG - they are just too far away for that to be necessary.

So either DR/CRjr/HR were killed because on or more of them knew who had been with CRsr that night, or they knew enough to point the finger at the killer, or they were somehow involved in whatever was the motivation for the killing (either in reality or in the mind of the killer). And just like with KR, it does indicate that the killer was familiar enough with the family to know who lived where, especially since housing arrangements had recently changed for several family members.

I do think that FR/HG could possibly have been killed simply due to their proximity to CRsr/GR or vice versa.

Traveling a mile to DRs house is not that much different than going over to KRs. It had to be a deliberate move, not just a case of 'wrong place, wrong time'.

BTW, what the heck is the difference between a hilljack and a hillbilly? The mayor uses both terms in this interview and until now I'd never heard of a 'hilljack'.
    JMO. It's new slang. Hillbilly + Jack of all trades = hilljack.

Originally Posted by Rixey

Quote Originally Posted by CSIDreamer View Post
    Almost interchangeable with hillbilly, but IMO meant to be more derogatory.

So the killer(s) could have accomplished the crimes in under 2 hours... that's allowing for torture time spent with CRsr... Also, if killer was waiting for DR to get home because she was a "kill the messenger" victim and so, therefore, were her kids, she may have been restrained (soft tissue bruising) while her kids were killed... she could have unwittingly let the perp in.
    Everything I say is Only My Opinion along with a bunch of links to public information - for me, that's what sleuthing is all about!

first time I have seen this. "Hanna’s 4-day-old daughter, (mod snip), was found in the home unharmed"
    Last edited by KayElJay; 05-29-2016 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Sniped name of minor child

First post, been following since the "day of".

I am looking for confirmation on something. When the death certificates were made public we were told that CR1 was shot in multiple places. (I think it was the Dispatch). They did not however report that he was the victim that was shot 9 times. I was updating my husband after the article came out and told him that my assumption/educated guess was that he was shot 9 times, but that it hadn't been specified.

Now, in today's Dispatch article, they do specifically state that "He was shot 9 times...".

So.... Has anyone seen any other source stating that CR1 was the victim with 9 gunshot wounds?
    Also, are we certain that "gunshot wounds" = "shot"?

I have read so much here and so many articles that I wonder what assumptions I am making vs. what FACTS have been reported. I also wonder if some of the news reporters are doing the same thing.

The article today further humanizes a sad situation, but has little that's factually new. I don't particularly care how much an investigation costs. It is what it is. Week six. Either they have their suspects already under scrutiny, or it's going to be a long slog. Hoping in those early first day interviews, detectives swabbed lots of living hands and took clothes and shoes, maybe phones too or at least imaged them. If you don't get it early, you won't get it intact.

Quote Originally Posted by CSIDreamer View Post
    They both mean the same thing. Just another way to say hillbilly

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast