1247 users online (244 members and 1003 guests)  

Websleuths News

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012

    AL - Parents raising awareness about electrical shock drowning

    Parents raising awareness about electrical shock drowning

    One month ago Carmen Johnson, 15, died while swimming with friends in Smith Lake in Winston County. Her parents, Casey and Jimmy, say her death was caused by electrical shock drowning.
    The parents said April 16 started out like any other day. Carmen and her friends had been out on the lake riding jet skis. They had come back to the boat dock and were laying out in the sun.
    Jimmy was working on the dock when he heard Carmen jump into the water. He heard her laughing and trying to convince her friends to jump in as well.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Thank you for sharing this information. It is good to know and I am passing it along.

    So sorry for the loss of this beautiful teenager.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    East Tennessee
    I lost a friend in college, immediately after our freshman year, when he was swimming near his family's houseboat on Grand Lake in Oklahoma, and received an electrical shock. Very rare, but often fatal. RIP Carmen and my long ago friend Brian.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

    Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Similar Threads

  1. Adult-Themed Comics At Library Shock Parents
    By Casshew in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 04:39 PM
  2. Man says tossing electrical wire into wife's bath was "a stupid idea"
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 08:13 AM