GA GA - Troup Co, Stitcher Rd, BlkFem 21-31, 841UFGA, Skeletal, dismembered, Dec'07

Backwoods

Reaction score
Also -- not to make this thread too confusing, but because this really jumped out at me -- the subject of this thread was found in 2009 in Harris County, very near the Troup County line. There is ANOTHER black female UID -- who IS in NAMUS -- found IN Troup County (GA) two years earlier, in 2007. (That UID was dismembered and partial remains were found in trash bags along a road; someone had tried to burn them.) The NAMUS link for that UID (NOT the subject of this thread, remember) is: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11123 and DOE Network is http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/841ufga.html

DNA should make identifying this poor girl so easy.

"Remains placed in several black pastic bags on the side of Stitcher Road, Lagrange, GA slightly burned. Dismembered- no hands/ feet and no skull" - NamUs

That explains the lack of reconstruction. Sigh.

Her DoeNetwork page has been updated:

841UFGA
No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Date of Discovery: December 6, 2007
Location of Discovery: Hogansville, Troup County, Georgia
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Partial remains with soft tissues
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 21-31 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 4'9" to 5'6"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Two small hyperpigmented scars above the unbilicus, one located right above the umbilicus measuring 0.4 x 0.2 cm in greatest dimensions and the other one located approximately 1.5 cm above the first scar measures 0.5 x 0.3 cm in greatest dimensions.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None.
Jewelry: None.
Additional Personal Items: None.

Circumstances of Discovery
The body was dismembered into 8 separate sections. There was no head, hands or feet with the body.

The body was found at an intersection in a rural area of the county. The body was on the side of the road and passerby's saw black trash bags and thought someone had dumped a deer carcass.

Upon officer's arrivals, it was found that it was not a deer carcass and was the body of a human. Each dismembered section of the body was in a black, plastic trash bag.

Gasoline had been poured over the sections and ignited, but it was so cold and damp outside that the fire went out quickly and there was minimal damage to the body parts.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Georgia Bureau of Investigation - Decatur
Agency Contact Person: Ashley Garrish
Agency Phone Number: 404-270-8151
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 2007-1026760

Agency Name: Troup County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Capt. Kelli S. Ellington
Agency Phone Number: 706-883-1746
Agency E-Mail: kellington(at)troupco.org
Agency Case Number: C07-12-0278

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 11123

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Troup County Sheriff's Office

--------

She's also in NamUs:

Unidentified Person Case

Black / African American
Date Found: December 6, 2007
Location Found: Georgia
Estimated Age Range: 21-31 Years

General Location: -- Georgia
County: Troup County
GPS Coordinates: --

Circumstances of Recovery: Remains placed in several black pastic bags on the side of Stitcher Road, Lagrange, GA slightly burned. Dismembered- no hands/ feet and no skull

Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains: One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Circumstance Notes

Responding Officer: C. Nixon. Troup Co. Sheriff's Office Lanny Cox, Special Agent. Request to GBI.

Physical Description
Hair Color: --
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --
Left Eye Color: --
Right Eye Color: --
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Are these Monica Renee Bowie's remains?
I'm not sure whether remains disposed of in July in garbage bags would still have soft tissue in December, especially after being partially burned. If not though, I can't help but think that maybe when Monica was abducted in July she was then held until a later date when she was murdered and disposed of by her abductors. Could it be she was taken hostage for a drug debt owed by her BF or someone close to her or that she was taken with the intent of trafficking her into the sex trade underworld? The circumstances surrounding Monica's case, the fact that she was taken from Atlanta (1 - 1.5 hours from Troup County), the timeline, her race and age lead me to think she should be compared as a possible match. It'd be nice to know if family/friends/SOs know whether she had a scar similar to the one described on JD.

ETA - I find it interesting that the car used in Monica's abduction was found burned. Whomever disposed of JD tried unsuccessfully to burn her remains. o_O

She has not been excluded as JD has no comparisons shown on NamUs.

Monica Renee Bowie – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Original
Original

Last edited:
@rats a good find I think. Doing a reverse check, if the UID has no public ruleouts, does Monica's own file show if she has been compared to anyone?

Stitcher Road, Hogansville looks to be a dead end road and although (as Namus states) it is a rural area, it is not terribly far from an exit off I-85.

@rats a good find I think. Doing a reverse check, if the UID has no public ruleouts, does Monica's own file show if she has been compared to anyone?

Stitcher Road, Hogansville looks to be a dead end road and although (as Namus states) it is a rural area, it is not terribly far from an exit off I-85.
Monica has been compared to the following Does:
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA
UP8157 08/21/2008 Mahoning OH
UP6666 11/16/2007 Dinwiddie VA

ETA - I called Ashley, the medicolegal death investigator at GBI and submitted to her Monica as a potential match. I briefly explained the circumstances surrounding Monica's case making sure to mention her missing date and location as well as key points (i.e., kidnapped, BF involved in drug trade, former dancer, etc.) regarding her disappearance and the fact that her vehicle was located burnt. She seemed quite interested in Monica as a PM and says she doesn't think they've ever compared or been made aware of Monica so she will certainly look into her case. Ashley stated that she will note on Jane Doe's NamUs profile if Monica is excluded.

Last edited:
Are these Monica Renee Bowie's remains?
I'm not sure whether remains disposed of in July in garbage bags would still have soft tissue in December, especially after being partially burned. If not though, I can't help but think that maybe when Monica was abducted in July she was then held until a later date when she was murdered and disposed of by her abductors. Could it be she was taken hostage for a drug debt owed by her BF or someone close to her or that she was taken with the intent of trafficking her into the sex trade underworld? The circumstances surrounding Monica's case, the fact that she was taken from Atlanta (1 - 1.5 hours from Troup County), the timeline, her race and age lead me to think she should be compared as a possible match. It'd be nice to know if family/friends/SOs know whether she had a scar similar to the one described on JD.

ETA - I find it interesting that the car used in Monica's abduction was found burned. Whomever disposed of JD tried unsuccessfully to burn her remains. o_O

She has not been excluded as JD has no comparisons shown on NamUs.

Monica Renee Bowie – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Original
Original

its possible these small businesses she owned could have been fronts or money laundering? im sorry this poor woman has not been found.

Bumping case up. Still listed in NamUs. Could someone please list current rule-outs?

Maybe a few of us could take a look at known MPs together and see if we can come up with any other possibilities. Tag me if you have time. This woman deserves her name back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back