Bosma Murder Trial 06.2.16 - Day 58 - Closing Arguments Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News
Colin Butler CBC Toronto News
Lisa Hepfner CHCH News Reporter

General MSM Tweets

Also, check here for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial: Crown to make closing arguments
CBC News Posted: Jun 02, 2016

B822330102Z.1_20160201193824_000_G701KF518.2_Gallery.jpg

link

The lawyer for the Crown will make his closing argument this morning in the Hamilton courtroom where two men charged with first-degree murder have been at the focus of a four-month trial into the death of Tim Bosma.

The last time assistant Crown attorney Craig Fraser was before the Ontario Superior Court jury in Hamilton, he was cross-examining co-accused Mark Smich.

Follow our live coverage starting at 9:30 a.m. ET

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Back at the Tim Bosma trial today, as the Crown will give its closing statements.
by Adam Carter 9:14 AM

Court is now in session.
by Adam Carter 9:34 AM

We're in a legal argument here first, before the jury is in.
by Adam Carter 9:36 AM

But of course.

I wonder if the text of the Closing Arguments will ever be made available in their entirety as exhibits. Anybody know?

I wonder if the text of the Closing Arguments will ever be made available in their entirety as exhibits. Anybody know?

I thought I read Susan Clairmont say she would get a copy. That RP said he might give her one of his as well. Nothing from TD since he never writes his out. Or maybe I'm just crazy? Did anyone else read that? lol

Jury now being called in.
by Adam Carter 9:40 AM

Assistant Crown Attorney Tony Leitch will give the Crown's closing address to the jury.
by Adam Carter 9:41 AM

I thought I read that Susan Clairmont say she would get a copy. That RP said he might give her one of his as well. Nothing from TD since he never writes his out. Or maybe I'm just crazy? Did anyone else read that? lol
I read the same. Not crazy lol

"The mission went well. Mark Smich and Dellen Millard were really happy," Leitch says, saying they were celebrating a "planned and deliberate murder."
by Adam Carter 9:42 AM

"They murdered him together, and they tried to destroy all of the evidence of their crime together."
by Adam Carter 9:43 AM

Leitch says that if something had actually gone wrong, Millard and Smich wouldn't have been celebrating mere hours after Bosma's death.
by Adam Carter 9:43 AM

Leitch now playing the security camera video of the Yukon showing up the morning after to pick up Smich's girlfriend.
by Adam Carter 9:44 AM

In the video, you can see Smich get out of the Yukon and hug Marlena Meneses.
by Adam Carter 9:46 AM

Leitch now playing Meneses' testimony where she describes the mood in the truck. "Very happy ... saying they wanted to celebrate," she said.
by Adam Carter 9:47 AM

"They just said the mission went well," she said.
by Adam Carter 9:47 AM

Leitch says Meneses told police in her original statement that Millard was happy when she got in the Yukon. "Compare her with Christina Noudga, who still doesn't understand what she did wrong."
by Adam Carter 9:48 AM

"She has no guile, or cunning, like her counterpart, Christina Noudga."
by Adam Carter 9:48 AM

"Two stranger arrived, and took him from all of us ... he did nothing to deserve the ending of his life. He just wanted to sell his truck."
by Adam Carter 9:50 AM

Leitch says Smich told a lie as to what happened, and Millard's theory through counsel was also "unsupported."
by Adam Carter 9:51 AM

"Tim Bosma was targeted by them for his truck," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 9:52 AM

"Fortunately for justice in our community, they made some mistakes," Leitch says.

I'd sure like to know why MM changed her statement. Originally she told the police that it was DM who was happy when she got in the Yukon that morning. On the stand, she added that they were both in a celebratory mood and bopping up and down in their seats. Which one is the truth?

Leitch says the defence has tried to make this a "choice between shooters."

Helpers or those who encourage a murder may be as guilty as someone who causes a murder, Letich says. "If there was one shooter, does that mean the other non-shooter is not guilty? Not at all."
by Adam Carter 9:53 AM

"To knowingly help a murderer do it, or encouraging a murder ... is enough."
by Adam Carter 9:54 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads