GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score

attachment.php
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.

According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day.

"While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.

By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/22/justice/fsu-professor-killing-mystery/

2 PM (EST) live press conference

Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)
Thread #1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 6,019
Holding spot with this intriguing bit..
TALLAHASSEE, FL (WTXL) - In an email sent to the Tallahassee Mayor and City Commissioners, City Manager Rick Fernandez said the unsealing and release of documents in the Dan Markel investigation is "highly unusual."

Fernandez sent the email around 10:45 a.m. Thursday morning, saying they did not know who requested the release and that they were not given a chance to challenge it.
http://www.wtxl.com/news/city-manag...cle_77188a6c-28e1-11e6-bef0-47f447d780b8.html

going to start in 5 minutes. developing info - trying to get a handle on it.

going to start in 5 minutes. developing info - trying to get a handle on it.
none of the stations in Orlando have picked it up. Discussing the UCLA shootings

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

No adlt arrest have been made at this time.

would have preferred the documents remain sealed longer. Would have made our jobs easier.

can you call ex wife and other family members suspects at this point.

We will continue to investigate the connections bewteen the man charged and anyone else.

still investigating and working the case. To arrest we need probable cause and warrants. still working on that.

Since no none relationship between victim and Rivera it suggests that this was hired hit.

Wow, "not on speaking terms" with the Adelsons. Guess that's not surprising!

Judge unsealed probable cause warrants this morning.

Ongoing investigation....

Dodges answers to specific questions re. ex-wife's involvement "Following up every lead" blah, blah, blah

<hard to hear questions>

Working closely with SAO

Still working on securing probable cause to secure other arrests

Not on speaking terms with the Adelsons

Safe to assume it was not a random act as there is no direct relation between Garcia and Prof. Markel

During press conference: Adelson family not speaking to LE.

Wow, "not on speaking terms" with the Adelsons. Guess that's not surprising!

Wonder if they were on speaking terms before she locked down all her social media? lol

Very interesting that he made sure that was known during this press conference. And with that, he pretty much confirmed she is a suspect, imo.

missed this bit. Does not speaking with indicate not cooperating?

I would assume so. He kinda smirked when he said "we're not on speaking terms."

missed this bit. Does not speaking with indicate not cooperating?

I don't think we're going out far on a limb to say "yes, not cooperating."

I find it a bit odd that he doesn't know what federal jail Rivera is in or why he's there. I don't believe him, but not sure why he wouldn't divulge that info.

I would assume so. He kinda smirked when he said "we're not on speaking terms."

I noticed the smirk too. He was purposely direct and forthcoming with that tidbit, that much was clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27