TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Everyone, please read this post before you post anything else

Dear Websleuths members,

Again we find ourselves trying to moderate based on rules set up for other cases.

Once in a while, our rules do not fit with certain cases and therefore changes need to be made.

We will try and make this as easy as possible.

If you have a question send me a private message, please. Do not post the question on the forum.

For our new members: Welcome to websleuths!

Websleuths is different than any other forum on the internet. If you are used to forums like topix then you are going to find out quickly websleuths is not topix. We don’t allow rumors. We don’t allow comments from facebook or comments from other forums. We work hard to make sure everyone stays on topic. We allow and encourage appropriate sleuthing. Most of all we want you to become involved and enjoy your experience at websleuths. You can review our rules right here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-the-rules

*Please no personal chatter back and forth. Welcoming someone back or making jokes at other member’s expense is not going to be allowed. The case is about Missy Bevers. Please do not make the thread about you.

* YOU CAN SPECULATE ABOUT PEOPLE IN THE SEARCH WARRANTS AS LONG AS YOU USE THEIR INITIALS ONLY. This overrides an earlier decision I made. My apologies for the confusion. It is 100 percent my fault.

*if you do speculate please do not make comments on their personal appearance. That’s just rude. You can speculate on their behavior but if you want to post something unkind about their looks please don’t.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

*Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on websleuths for the world to see. No sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

* Here is a hypothetical for you: Say you were face to face with the person you are getting ready to post about. This person also knows your real name. Would you say what you are getting ready to post to this person’s face? Please think before you post.

*We have an unfair advantage. We are anonymous. Your words are very powerful and they will be on the internet forever. You will own those words when the truth is found out about Missy's murder.

To review:

*yes you can speculate as long as it is logical and done in a mature manner.

*Missy's husband's Facebook page is now private therefore it is off limits. All Facebook pages that are now private are off limits

*yes you can discuss all pictures/ videos (No Minors) as long as you can source them to a legitimate source . Do not post or discuss the twitter picture that showed the face blown up. This looks like some sort of photo-shopped picture and it can’t be sourced.

i am completely responsible for any confusion that has gone on in this thread. Sparky is doing a great job and she was doing what i taught her to do. I want to publicly thank sparky for her hard work and dedication.

Ok newbies and old time Websleuths members, go forth and discuss!

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
owner/Websleuths.com
ps. Please forgive spelling and grammatical errors. I am half asleep as i write.

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

Good Afternoon!

Please read Tricia's message above. Some rules have changed for Missy's thread. Please make sure you thank her post.

Please Remember BB's employment is off limits.

No Minor Children.

Please don't sleuth inmates or refer to the inmates link unless there has been an arrest in this case.

FB and Twitter accounts that are unauthorized aren't allowed and are against TOS.

If you have any questions please pm a mod and we'll be glad to help. Please don't post your question in the thread, as it may get missed.

Remember to Scroll and roll or use your ignore feature if need be.

Please thank this post.

:tyou:

Question: Her fitness class she taught at church...any idea if it's both male or female? Ages?

Question: Her fitness class she taught at church...any idea if it's both male or female? Ages?
Yes, co-Ed. In fact iirc, there was a married couple at her class that morning. But I believe that's just local rumor and wasn't officially stated. Age? Probably 18+

Responding to OJ/blood spatter post. Simson stated he would never wear Bruno Magli's (size 12's were found all over the scene.) Only a couple hundred were sold in the US ever of that size. It was a key point that resulted in the civil trial being successful. I don't believe that picture of him wearing the Bruno Magli's was available for the criminal trial. Which he "won".

Maybe "subjective" is the wrong word then for the splatter or shoe prints. But as the OJ trials pointed out, unless you have someone to "match" it to (picture or otherwise), it's random data.

TGIF! Maybe an arrest or update from LE will come today. It seems they usually tell us stuff on Friday. IMO

I'll post my SP profile in a bit- it's always changing!

I don't know if he's been officially ruled out or if he has an alibi, but from an LE standpoint, the husband should be looked at closely.

Conversely, this could be a result of an extramarital affair gone terribly wrong as well. But overall I think the killer here is male.

Missy was a fitness instructor, I'd be interested in what types of defensive wounds she had, anything under her nails etc. Physically, she stood a better chance defending herself than many other people her age. In fact, against another female armed with a hammer I wouldn't be surprised if she managed to get away.

There's obviously lots of variables here, but I'm still leaning to a male attacker.

just posting this for some who are losing heart in the investigation,
This is a completely different murder, which was solved 5 years later, and just as important is the LE statement about not revealing evidence.
Hang it there guys, justice will be served, its just a matter of time.

In just under five years, police were able to track their case back to Diaz, "through good old fashioned police work," and new DNA matching techniques.
"This investigation has been a complicated process and we have taken the most careful path to obtain the best evidence."
Kirby, who does not want to ruin what he calls a rock-solid case, was careful of what he divulged during a morning news conference Friday.
The final link in the murder investigation was officially made two weeks ago when detectives recovered a pair of Diaz' work gloves and a rock star energy drink, "he discarded on the ground."
:worms:

I don't know if he's been officially ruled out or if he has an alibi, but from an LE standpoint, the husband should be looked at closely.

Conversely, this could be a result of an extramarital affair gone terribly wrong as well. But overall I think the killer here is male.

Missy was a fitness instructor, I'd be interested in what types of defensive wounds she had, anything under her nails etc. Physically, she stood a better chance defending herself than many other people her age. In fact, against another female armed with a hammer I wouldn't be surprised if she managed to get away.

There's obviously lots of variables here, but I'm still leaning to a male attacker.

“At this point, none of her family, friends or coworkers are suspects,” Johnson said.
Bevers' family, including her husband Brandon Bevers and father-in-law Randy Bevers, have provided detailed and verified alibis for the time of the murder, Johnson said, and are no longer actively considered suspects, though no one will be definitively ruled out until the case is solved.

http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160520/NEWS/160529975

Of course, we know this could change

I'll take my turn now at playing Clue. Everything I say is JMO.

SP is a Hispanic male 20-35 years old, probably a resident of the greater DFW metropolitian area
I believe he was hired by 1 or more others
I believe SP has killed before & enjoys it
Motive: Missy either heard or saw some type of illegal activity that made her a danger. Thus the reason for her "not acting like her normal self" for a couple of weeks before the murder.
I think there is a good chance that SP is now safely in Mexico where he will lay low until some of the heat dies down.
I know LE will continue to diligently work the case but I think an arrest is several years down the road. Hope I'm wrong.

I picked up the latest People mag a couple of days ago and I have a question about a comment made in the article. We know Missy received that
creepy Linkedin message (the article states "fewer than 3 days before her murder") but had it been stated in any of these threads that message came
from a man? I didn't know it had been established that a man had sent it. I'm asking because its possible I missed that post.

I picked up the latest People mag a couple of days ago and I have a question about a comment made in the article. We know Missy received that
creepy Linkedin message (the article states "fewer than 3 days before her murder") but had it been stated in any of these threads that message came
from a man? I didn't know it had been established that a man had sent it. I'm asking because its possible I missed that post.

The new warrants seek Bevers' communications over LinkedIn, a social networking service for professionals. The documents say she was a regular user of the site. Less than three days before her murder, a friend told law enforcement, Bevers showed the friend a private Linked In message she had received.

The message "was from a male unknown to them both, and they both agreed that the message was creepy and strange," the warrant says.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-ch...issy-bevers-received-creepy-linkedin-message/

Have they always lived in Midlothian? It affects my answer though it doesn't make a huge difference.

Female, 30ish, from Midlothian or other area BB has lived or worked.

Reason: Obsessed with BB. Their real or imagined relationship leaves her angry, jealous, and irrational. She's been stalking both of them.

Not sure if she thinks killing MB will result in getting BB or if she just wants revenge.

I don't think she is known to us but is probably known to LE.

So kind of a Fatal Attraction thing.

If they have not identified the author of the creepy message, they can't know if its male or female,just because it looks like a text from a male. JMO...............not sure, but I think she received the text when she was in Austin.

Thanks Dushi

If they have not identified the author of the creepy message, they can't know if its male or female,just because it looks like a text from a male. JMO...............not sure, but I think she received the text when she was in Austin.

I agree, thats why I never considered the sender of the message as gender specific. If they didn't know who sent
it then it could have been a female in disguise.

AC Johnson commented in the article too "This is a frustrating case".

I'm not looking for a bombshell presser today.....but I would love for it to happen.
Unless something really breaks for MPD, I don't see this as a quick close case.
MOO

Thanks Dushi

I agree, thats why I never considered the sender of the message as gender specific. If they didn't know who sent
it then it could have been a female in disguise.

AC Johnson commented in the article too "This is a frustrating case".

I'm not looking for a bombshell presser today.....but I would love for it to happen.
Unless something really breaks for MPD, I don't see this as a quick close case.
MOO

Regarding male/female
All we really have is the wording in the warrant
As we know, anyone can use any name on SM

Scout said:
What value do you think blood spatter evidence would have in this case?

Starry Night said:
I know you were addressing Poto but for me, what do you mean by your question-what measure of value are you coming from?

What I meant is how would blood spatter analysis benefit this investigation?

Blood spatter analysis is useful for reconstructing the crime -- what happened and in what sequence. I'm just not seeing its benefit in this case.

For those talking about shoe prints, prints in blood are not blood spatter. Blood spatter is created by droplets of blood flying through the air and landing on a surface.

And that's why blood splatter evidence is important to get...you don't wait til you have find the killer to say ' oh we better go back and look for blood splatter evidencenow that might help get a conviction'. Blood splatter evidence in a murder such as this can help determine many things ...such as the positions of the SP and MB at various times of the attack , maybe even which blow was struck first and if it was from the front or back, force of the blows ,etc etc
All those things can be testified to by an expert in order to show the jury how the murder was committed.

And that's why blood splatter evidence is important to get...you don't wait til you have find the killer to say ' oh we better go back and look for blood splatter evidencenow that might help get a conviction'. Blood splatter evidence in a murder such as this can help determine many things ...such as the positions of the SP and MB at various times of the attack , maybe even which blow was struck first and if it was from the front or back, force of the blows ,etc etc
All those things can be testified to by an expert in order to show the jury how the murder was committed.

That's my point. Why, in this case, would it be helpful to know any of those things? This isn't an altercation that turned deadly where the defendant (if ever caught and charged) will be able to claim self defense or accidental homicide. The mystery in this case is not how did it happen, but who did it.

Totally agree. Blood spatter evidence in this case can help identify the murder weapon, can corroborate the estimated height of the perp, can tie the crime to the SWAT gear if it's ever found, and can give information that can be considered in conjunction with MB's wounds to help solidify the narrative of the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361