768 users online (68 members and 700 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

IL - Darcey Cottrell, 34, Danville, 1 June 2016

Danville Police Department Press Release:

Investigators say 43-year-old Darcey Cottrell was last seen Wednesday as she left for work, but never made it.

https://www.facebook.com/danvillepolice/

http://newschannel20.com/news/local/...danville-woman
    Last edited by los2188; 06-03-2016 at 10:11 PM.

I've seen missing flyers about her posted on local facebooks. Her mom is super worried. So sad.

This isn't too far from me and it's been on my Facebook since last night, so people in the area are aware. It would be nice to have a bit more backstory. Where is her home, where does she work? What route does she normally travel?

Is she married or dating?

Danville is right off 74, so if you want to leave in a hurry, it can be done.

Danville is also in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by mostly woods and fields with some rural towns scattered around.

There's a decent sized lake there (Lake Vermillion), but the bridge that crosses it has guardrails the entire way. I'm sure there are lake access/boat ramp roads, but someone familiar with the area would know they were there.

Some extra info.

The correct age is 34, not 43 that's being reported.

She works at the tobacco shop on Vermillion St. in Danville.

She has two sons.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Police Asking for Help in Search for Missing Illinois Woman Darcey Cottrell
    The search is on for an Illinois mother who was last seen leaving for work last Wednesday afternoon.
    "What happened after she left her house that day is the mystery here, because I've never not been able to get a hold of her," Cindy Lee Lowe, Darcey's mother, told Dateline. "We're all worried sick and think maybe someone took her."
    http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...ttrell-n586641

No evidence of foul play, but they can't rule it out...

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...ing-woman.html

Sounds like the truck is still missing as well.

Friends and family of a missing Danville woman are posting flyers around town, hoping 34-year-old Darcey Cottrell will return home.
    http://foxillinois.com/news/local/fr...danville-woman
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't believe she hasn't been found yet

I wonder if anything was going on in her life that would cause her to need a break?

I'd also like to know how she was acting before she left for work and maybe the week prior.

When an adult goes missing, does LE put out an alert for just that area? The entire state? Neighboring states? It seems odd there have been no recent sightings of the truck.

Search on Saturday

According to Darcey's mom's Facebook, they're going to do a search tomorrow:

***SEARCH FOR DARCEY COTTRELL #2*** CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS!!!!!!! Saturday June 11th 2016 @ 2:00 Meet at the DACC parking lot across the street from Royal donut on east Main Street in Danville Illinois. DRESS FOR WARM WEATHER! And please wear tennis shoes for we will be on foot. Also please bring some bottled water to drink, weather is calling for warm temperatures. All persons attending are 100% volunteer, we thank you for your help and appreciate everyone of you and greatly appreciate your time and effort in helping to bring Darcey home.

I'm nowhere nearby or I'd be there, but if any of you are and have the time I'm sure it'd be greatly appreciated.
    "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

"We are the beasts, this is our consolation"
    Joyce Carol Oates

Quote Originally Posted by anthym29 View Post
    According to Darcey's mom's Facebook, they're going to do a search tomorrow:

***SEARCH FOR DARCEY COTTRELL #2*** CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS!!!!!!! Saturday June 11th 2016 @ 2:00 Meet at the DACC parking lot across the street from Royal donut on east Main Street in Danville Illinois. DRESS FOR WARM WEATHER! And please wear tennis shoes for we will be on foot. Also please bring some bottled water to drink, weather is calling for warm temperatures. All persons attending are 100% volunteer, we thank you for your help and appreciate everyone of you and greatly appreciate your time and effort in helping to bring Darcey home.

I'm nowhere nearby or I'd be there, but if any of you are and have the time I'm sure it'd be greatly appreciated.

Does this mean they have reason to believe she never left the area?

I'm only 45 or so minutes away from Danville, so I'll try to head over there if the husband doesn't have to work tomorrow. I wish they were searching earlier in the day, it's going to be so hot and I'm afraid people are going to be dropping like flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier952 View Post
    Does this mean they have reason to believe she never left the area?

I'm only 45 or so minutes away from Danville, so I'll try to head over there if the husband doesn't have to work tomorrow. I wish they were searching earlier in the day, it's going to be so hot and I'm afraid people are going to be dropping like flies.
    You know I'm sure. I don't think they have a lot of information in general. From what I can tell from articles I've read, she left for work and never made it. I'm not sure how long it takes for her to get to work to know what kind of drive it is and to know what's in between that could have happened, but hopefully we'll learn more soon.
    "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Joyce Carol Oates

lots of questions but nothing to go on...

she had half an hour to get to work, it wasnt a long drive at all, did she usually get there early? could she have planned to run some errands first?

because from her house to her work i dont see any way she is near water, but if she may have gone somewhere else first...

who was the last person to see her before the 2:30 sighting? no way to know, but i wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier952 View Post
    I can't believe she hasn't been found yet

I wonder if anything was going on in her life that would cause her to need a break?

I'd also like to know how she was acting before she left for work and maybe the week prior.

When an adult goes missing, does LE put out an alert for just that area? The entire state? Neighboring states? It seems odd there have been no recent sightings of the truck.
    I'm not sure how it is in IL, but I know from watching copious amounts of Disappeared that usually adults going missing, even if it's unusual for that person, is not treated as an emergency unless foul play is known to be involved (like a blood trail, or something of the sorts). Adults are allowed to go missing any time they want and without having to tell anyone, even family. But we all know usually that is not the case. Moms with 2 sons at home generally don't just disappear. Or I wouldn't think.

I think the thing that bothers me most is the vehicle is still missing as well. I don't know the area to know if she could have gotten in a car accident and they haven't found it yet? Could someone have hijacked her somewhere in route to her work? Or could she have just left? There are so many missing details that it's really hard to know.

I have checked her mom's Facebook since I posted this for updates and haven't seen/heard anything. I know they did a search this past Saturday and I assume they didn't find anything.

I don't know. I just pray she's found safe and that the family can have some answers.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Joyce Carol Oates

Quote Originally Posted by anthym29 View Post
    I'm not sure how it is in IL, but I know from watching copious amounts of Disappeared that usually adults going missing, even if it's unusual for that person, is not treated as an emergency unless foul play is known to be involved (like a blood trail, or something of the sorts). Adults are allowed to go missing any time they want and without having to tell anyone, even family. But we all know usually that is not the case. Moms with 2 sons at home generally don't just disappear. Or I wouldn't think.

I think the thing that bothers me most is the vehicle is still missing as well. I don't know the area to know if she could have gotten in a car accident and they haven't found it yet? Could someone have hijacked her somewhere in route to her work? Or could she have just left? There are so many missing details that it's really hard to know.

I have checked her mom's Facebook since I posted this for updates and haven't seen/heard anything. I know they did a search this past Saturday and I assume they didn't find anything.

I don't know. I just pray she's found safe and that the family can have some answers.

A mom missing while leaving kids behind almost never ends in good news it seems. I know moms occasionally do voluntarily leave their kids behind, but there's usually a history of some sort before that happens.

I figured since she was reported as a missing person, that some sort of formal file would be started and that there would be at least a brief description about the missing person and any other important info like the vehicle they were driving. It seems like there would be potential to find her vehicle or something belonging to her that could potentially go unnoticed as a whole if it wasn't found locally without some sort of way to look up the information. I'd like to think if her vehicle was found anywhere, they could type in the plate number and it would pull up that it's tied to a missing person.

Since I'm pretty local and travel near Danville for work on occasion, I can tell you that it's mostly just flat, but there would certainly be places within short driving distance where a vehicle could drive off a road and not be spotted. But without any info, I couldn't even begin to guess where to look.

It stinks there's been no more information released by now. Normally, there's a least some rumors of being spotted with someone or seeing the vehicle somewhere and I'm just not seeing it anywhere I've looked.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast