703 users online (144 members and 559 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Haddix Mulkey, 8 months. Benadryl overdose. Babysitter charged with murder.

A heartbroken Katie Mulkey held up a collage of photos of her infant son and told the world that she didn't want this story to be all about the babysitter who Reynoldsburg police arrested on Friday and charged with giving the baby what turned out to be a fatal dose of Benadryl to stop his fussing.

She wants the story to instead be about Haddix and the steps he never got to take, the birthdays he never got to have, the words he never got to say. He was 8 months old on May 13 when, Reynoldsburg police say, babysitter Lori Conley administered an adult dose of the common allergy medicine and it killed him.

Conley, 43, now faces charges of murder and child endangering. She is being held in the Franklin County Jail; she is expected in Franklin County Municipal Court Saturday.

While this is a tragedy I don't consider it to be murder: there was no criminal intent--just ignorance.

I consider it child abuse and manslaughter. She gave a tiny baby medicine which was not needed. She gave him medicine because she was a lazy POS.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I agree Katydid! It wasn't ignorance as much as it was selfishness and negligence.