1206 users online (241 members and 965 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Jason Glazier, 52 & Edmond Haronian, 50, Catalina Island, 28 May 2016

Huge Reward Offered For Information Leading To Missing Student Pilot

Edmond Haronian
    A large reward was offered Friday night in the mysterious disappearance of a student pilot who went missing a week ago tomorrow.
    Jason Glazier, 52, of Encino, and student pilot Edmond Haronian, 50, of Woodland Hills, flew from Van Nuys Airport to Catalina Island around 1:00 p.m. Saturday, according to the sheriff’s department.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/...ht-instructor/

http://abc7.com/news/pilot-single-en...sland/1362997/

Hmm... they made it to Catalina, but not back to Van Nuys? How far is that? I don't have map access at the moment, but I think this would be a quick trip!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsobrien View Post
    Hmm... they made it to Catalina, but not back to Van Nuys? How far is that? I don't have map access at the moment, but I think this would be a quick trip!
    Very quick I would think! About 55 miles between the two.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disappeared off the coast of Catalina makes it sound like they crashed.

Is the large reward because the family thinks something more than an accident happened or do they just want as many people as possible out there looking?

Cellphone video could solve case of missing SoCal plane
    http://abc7.com/news/video-possibly-...sland/1365779/
    Attached Images Attached Images

For some reason I cannot read the MSM links at present, at someone else's house. But what I did read says they flew to Catalina last Saturday May 28. Then they were to return to Van Nuys Monday May 30. I could not tell if it has been verified that the plane took off Monday or whether Mr. Haronian never showed up to fly back. If it is a known crash, authorities are usually on top of it. Small planes are harder to find. I will try to check the MSM articles later.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

FAMILY OFFERING REWARD UP TO $250,000 FOR PILOT MISSING FROM CATALINA
    http://abc7.com/news/family-offering...alina/1377516/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

My 17 year old son has about 250 hrs flying, but never in those conditions. When he was a student pilot, his instructors would often cancel in those conditions. My DH is a commercial pilot and flies in that weather frequently, but he won't take our plane up in it. We have a plane similar in size to the one shown, except a low wing, and I don't think anything on or in it would float if it went down in the water. I'm guessing they didn't file a flight plan for such a short trip, and didn't have electronics that would emit a beacon. (I cannot remember what it's called).
    I still hope they are found for their families sake. I'm sure sonar would be used if possible along the coast.

Student Pilot and Flight Instructor Missing After Plane Disappears: 'It's Unbelievable That a Plane Just Goes Missing in Thin Air,' Student's Son Says
    A student pilot and his flight instructor have been missing for nearly two weeks after their plane took off from a California island in overcast conditions.

Woodland Hills, California insurance broker Edmond Haronian, 50, and flight instructor Jason Glazier, 50, went missing on May 28 after their plane took off on a return flight from Catalina Island. Authorities confirmed to CBS Los Angeles that the men did not file a flight plan.
    http://www.people.com/people/article...011931,00.html