706 users online (75 members and 631 guests)  

Websleuths News

TN - Officer Verdell Smith, 46, run over by fleeing perp, Memphis, 4 June 2016

Memphis Officer Struck, Killed After 3 Shot in Memphis
    A man suspected in a downtown Memphis shooting that left three people injured fled in a stolen vehicle that fatally struck a police officer, police said Sunday.
    Justin Welch, 21, faces multiple charges that include first-degree murder, vehicular homicide, attempted first-degree murder, evading arrest and theft of property over $10,000, police spokeswoman Sgt. Karen Rudolph said in a news release. The release did not disclose Welch's hometown.

East Tennessee
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

RIP Officer Smith
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Deepest sympathies for Ofc Smith's family, his fellow officers, his friends and particularly his children.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.