1436 users online (330 members and 1106 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

1 million bounty to be offered for live capture of Bigfoot

A Maine scientist is preparing to release details of a $1 million reward for a photograph that leads to the live capture of Bigfoot, the abominable snowman or the Loch Ness Monster.

Loren Coleman, a professor at the University of Southern Maine, said the bounty would be paid for by an unnamed company and that he will release more details at a cryptozoology symposium at Bates College over Halloween weekend. Cryptozoology is the scientific study of hidden, rumored or unknown animals.

"It's the time for something like this," Coleman said. "Back in the 1960s, hardly anybody was talking about this. Today, it's phenomenal."

The mysteries surrounding these creatures have long been the subject of debate.

Bigfoot, or sasquatch, is said to be a huge, hairy humanlike creature with long arms. The abominable snowman, or yeti, is a large hairy, manlike mammal reputed to live in the Himalayas. The Loch Ness Monster is a dinosaur-like creature reputed to live in a lake in Scotland.

The $1 million bounty would be paid by a company to anyone who produces a photograph that leads to the live capture of one of the three creatures, Coleman said.

"We don't want people running around with guns trying to kill something to get the money," Coleman said. "It's not a contest, either. It's a very specific bounty that depends on the permanent capture of a live specimen, with emphasis on 'live.'"

Story

Cass, I think I could do better than a photo if I ran across one of them creatures. As much as I adore animals, I would have to bring in the dead carcass. Better it than me. Think maybe I could collect half the reward for that?

If you could come up with anything that would help capture Bigfoot, it would be worth much, much, more than 1 million dollars. Get yourself a good agent and go for the really BIG BUCKS. PS--I'll be your agent, for 10%, and guarantee you that we will both do extremely well..

So, you have to capture it "live"?

What are you gonna say to Bigfoot..."Hey, come with me, and I'll get you
    a Mocha Latte".

This is too funny.