1063 users online (167 members and 896 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - PETA workers charged with cruelty to Animals

The cats and dogs two PETA employees have been charged with euthanizing and dumping in an Ahoskie garbage bin were killed by injections of pentobarbital, a barbiturate commonly used to put down animals, according to new warrants issued and served on Friday. Additionally, the two employees were charged with three felony counts of obtaining property by false pretenses. The charges allege that they euthanized three cats from an Ahoskie veterinarian after promising to find the animals new homes, according to the new warrants.

Police began investigating this summer after carcasses of cats and dogs in plastic bags were found in a supermarket garbage bin in Ahoskie every Wednesday for four consecutive weeks. At least 80 animals were found.

Officers say that on June 15 they followed a van after it left Bertie County’s animal shelter, then staked out the garbage bins and arrested two PETA employees.

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories...3730&ran=57036

This really pisses me off! Those animals could have had another shot at life, that veterinarian wanted them to have a chance! Why would they do that? And why are they members of PETA?! I'm a member of PETA (I'm not insane though, and yes I eat meat) People who do these things never go to prison long enough either, but then again who does end up going to prison long enough that's actually a threat to society? JMO!

I think PETA is out for money. I don't like their tactics and they have some extreme beliefs yet you hear stories like this. They set animals free that cannot forage for themselves. It is sheer stupidity and greed.