Found Deceased PA - Barry Glass, 53, Bellwood, 28 May 2016

Thanks for posting Los.....from your link:

"The last time that 53 year old trucker Barry Lee Glass was seen was May 28 when he began a run from Bellwood, Pennsylvania to Porterville, California. Glass made his delivery to Chief Eaglehead in Porterville. He last had contact with his employer by phone on June 1."

"Police say the current location of Glass’s truck is unknown."

"Glass drives for D & R Transportation."

Trucker Barry Lee Glass, W/M/53, and Rig, Blair County, 1 June 2016

Trucker And Rig Missing For Seven Days Following Cross Country Run

13325598_1182046981829385_1536119470284803513_n.jpg

[video=twitter;739917822760001536]https://twitter.com/PennLive/status/739917822760001536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/video]

http://cdllife.com/2016/top-trucking-news/featured/trucker-and-rig-missing-for-five-days/
CDL = Commercial Drivers License

Stock Photo of Possibly Similar Truck:

635694681205981576.JPG

White 2012 International Prostar :: PA # AG-02825 :: Truck # 287
D & R Transportation Lettering on Both Tractor & Trailer

PA State Police :: Hollidaysburg Station :: 814 696-6100

Our Thanks To Those Providing
On-Line, Spiritual, & In-Person Assistance.

Trucker Barry Lee Glass, W/M/53, and Rig, Blair County, 1 June 2016

Trucker And Rig Missing For Seven Days Following Cross Country Run

13325598_1182046981829385_1536119470284803513_n.jpg

Flyer Supplements:

Tractor:
Mid-Roof Sleeper ::: PA Plate # AG-02825 on Front Bumper
PrePass® Transponder:
http://prepass.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/HowPrePassWorks.pdf

Trailer:
PA Plate # XGA-6126 :: Dry Van :: 10 Inch Red Stripes on Sides
"D & R Transportation" Lettering on Both Sides, & on Rear Doors

[video=twitter;739917822760001536]https://twitter.com/PennLive/status/739917822760001536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/video]

http://cdllife.com/2016/top-trucking-news/featured/trucker-and-rig-missing-for-five-days/
CDL = Commercial Drivers License

Stock Photo of Possibly Similar Truck:

635694681205981576.JPG

White 2012 International Prostar :: PA # AG-02825 :: Truck # 287
D & R Transportation Lettering on Both Tractor & Trailer

PA State Police :: Hollidaysburg Station :: 814 696-6100

Our Thanks To Those Providing
On-Line, Spiritual, & In-Person Assistance.

Okay, wait, he made his delivery in Porterville and then disappeared? So he was last seen in California?

I will ask my husband when he gets home (he is a master diesel tech), but I am just sure there is tracking on this rig. Some of those rigs can almost drive themselves.

Hubby said they don't all have GPS or satellite. Now he is talking about different types of GPS units and my brain heard blah, blah, blah. He said a bunch of other stuff, too but... Ask me about medicine and I can give you an answer but electronics not so much.

Hubby said they don't all have GPS or satellite. Now he is talking about different types of GPS units and my brain heard blah, blah, blah. He said a bunch of other stuff, too but... Ask me about medicine and I can give you an answer but electronics not so much.

My husband is a truck driver we have had 3 of our own..no not all have tracking GPS or Qualcomm systems...but they could ping his phone track it I would think.

Sad is when a man is missing and you google the name and the one who tops the list is WS ?? Why is his family and company not posting more about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad is when a man is missing and you google the name and the one who tops the list is WS ?? Why is his family and company not posting more about this?

i just did the same thing. =(

There is one other thing my husband mentioned to me, he said many drivers will just park their rig somewhere and take off. I wonder how long Barry has worked for this company.

were that the case, they should be able to find his rig soon. I hope he is sleeping it off somewhere.

If I am reading the reports correctly, he had made his last delivery and therefore his truck should have been empty of cargo. So he shouldn't have been hijacked for the freight he was carrying (we do see this happen in the UK).

The other thing which comes to mind is whether the tractor unit itself was worth stealing to be repainted and reregistered in California or another state, or even taken down to Mexico. Is that feasible?

My husband says the semi itself is worth usually more then the load being hauled.strip it down for parts and sale them.Its like chop shops for semis.If he would have pulled over and parked and quit the job surely he would have waited till he was close to home. Moo

My husband says the semi itself is worth usually more then the load being hauled.strip it down for parts and sale them.Its like chop shops for semis.If he would have pulled over and parked and quit the job surely he would have waited till he was close to home. Moo

I would think they would have found the rig by now if that was what he had done, also but who knows!

There is one other thing my husband mentioned to me, he said many drivers will just park their rig somewhere and take off. I wonder how long Barry has worked for this company.
Take off? Did they quit and not own the rig? My neighbor who drove many years and states ago use to bring his home when not hauling.

newbie poster

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back