886 users online (105 members and 781 guests)  

Websleuths News

DC - Dr. Elizabeth Morgan jailed for hiding daughter in New Zealand, 1987

I remember this. This doctor went to jail instead of saying where her daughter was. In the article, the daughter, now 21 says she's glad her mom hid her...

http://www.herald-sun.com/firstnews/37-425544.html

opinions anyone? I'm glad she did this. I would go to jail to protect my child as well.

I believe she did the right thing. But who knows who's on the right side and who's on the wrong side in these things? I don't believe she should have gone to prison. To what end? She was not a danger to society, and you have to admit, anyone who feels so strongly about such a thing as to go to prison for it, might have a point that should be looked at closer.

I remember a case, though not the names, of a man who was upset his wife would not allow visitation, insisted he had not molested his daughter, the courts said the wife had to let him have visitation, she refused and moved, but he found his daughter, kidnapped her, then killed her. I think the mother was right on that one, too, and the courts out to lunch.
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

I remember the Hillary Foretich case quite well. I was in law school at the time. I am always surprised for some reason to see Dr. Morgan's ads for plastic surgery in The Washingtonian, a local magazine.

FWIW, my dentist and some of his dentist friends knew the couple when they were married (Dr. Foretich is an oral surgeon). The said both of them were nuts.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~Benjamin Franklin

I remember this case, too. Eric Foretich was not allowed to see his children from a previous marriage either because of sexual molestation allegations. I believe that he agreed to relinquish all rights to his other children in exchange the mother didn't press charges.

I had never heard of a previous charge against Foretich. Where did you hear that? Is there anything to substantiate it?