DC - Dr. Elizabeth Morgan jailed for hiding daughter in New Zealand, 1987

I believe she did the right thing. But who knows who's on the right side and who's on the wrong side in these things? I don't believe she should have gone to prison. To what end? She was not a danger to society, and you have to admit, anyone who feels so strongly about such a thing as to go to prison for it, might have a point that should be looked at closer.

I remember a case, though not the names, of a man who was upset his wife would not allow visitation, insisted he had not molested his daughter, the courts said the wife had to let him have visitation, she refused and moved, but he found his daughter, kidnapped her, then killed her. I think the mother was right on that one, too, and the courts out to lunch.

I remember the Hillary Foretich case quite well. I was in law school at the time. I am always surprised for some reason to see Dr. Morgan's ads for plastic surgery in The Washingtonian, a local magazine.

FWIW, my dentist and some of his dentist friends knew the couple when they were married (Dr. Foretich is an oral surgeon). The said both of them were nuts.

I remember this case, too. Eric Foretich was not allowed to see his children from a previous marriage either because of sexual molestation allegations. I believe that he agreed to relinquish all rights to his other children in exchange the mother didn't press charges.

I had never heard of a previous charge against Foretich. Where did you hear that? Is there anything to substantiate it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back