1177 users online (168 members and 1009 guests)  

Websleuths News

OR - Suspect in abuse of Sherwood 1-year-old arrested after community outrage

It was hard to keep within the copyright rule, so I just quoted the part that made my jaw drop the most. Also WARNING there is a graphic pic of what was done to this poor baby.

Quinney said that the prosecutor initially told her it was hard to move the case forward because of a quirk in Oregon law that requires proof that victims of child abuse were in substantial pain. And that was nearly impossible to prove since her 1-year-old son, Jacob, canít tell anyone he was hurt.
    http://www.kptv.com/story/32156101/s...munity-outrage
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

I have been watching the updates on the parents quest for charges against the alleged abusers via Facebook.

I am happy to see that charges have now been filed. Too bad it took pressure from social media for it to happen but hopefully the law on Oregon can be altered to remove or clarify what would constitute "proof" of substantial pain.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.