Found Deceased GA - James Cole & Sierra von der Heide, both 18, Phenix City, 17 May 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
CPD searching for 2 missing teens
10730663_G.jpg

The Columbus Police Department is asking the public’s help locating two teens believed to be in imminent danger. Police say 18-year-old James Cole and 18-year-old Sierra von der Heide were last seen May 17.
10730665_G.jpg

http://www.wtvm.com/story/32169435/cpd-searching-for-2-missing-teens

Family of missing Columbus teen desperate for answers
A family desperate for answers is speaking out about two Columbus teens missing for nearly a month. Police say 18-year-old James Cole and 18-year-old Sierra von der Heide were last seen near the County Line Road area in Phenix City.
Sierra von der Heide's family tells us that James Cole was her boyfriend and that the two had been dating for eight months. Needless to say, they are worried sick right now.
10739251_G.jpg

http://www.wtvm.com/story/32179980/family-of-missing-columbus-teen-desperate-for-answers

It says the police believe these two are in "imminent danger". Is that because they have learned something new recently that is concerning? Or have they been in imminent danger the whole time and this story is just getting out to the public?
It's confusing. I don't want to disrespect their right to privacy, but a teeny bit more information might be really helpful!

Has there been cell phone activity? James mom does not seem too worried by delaying interview by a day. I agree they are 18 and somewhat adults but no contact for 3 weeks is not good.Could they have had a bike crash and just not found?

I was just in Columbus and Phenix City this weekend. ..my DH used to be based at Ft Benning and we went for my adopted sons infantry graduation. Needless to say, this is not a good area. Like cities around most bases, there is a high rate of crime. I hope they find them quickly!

Oh, and I wanted to add in, this is the first I've heard of this. I would have noticed if there had been any flyers posted at the areas we visited. (After being on WS, you definitely look for them whenever you go! )

Sierra's birthday was yesterday, she is now 19yrs old

"Please if you know something, please just call the police," says Stephanie Cole, James' mother.

Stephanie says her son and his girlfriend stayed at her home every night for the last six months.

On Sunday, May 15, she says she saw them before she went to bed. When she woke up the next day for work, the couple was gone along with her son's purple motorcycle, and no one has seen or heard from them since

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/3218...he-was-last-to-see-missing-son-and-girlfriend

Crap, this is my city and I haven't even heard about these kids! There's clearly very little being done. They're not much older then my baby sister, I'm going to ask if she knows them. Of course, Columbus is a very large city, we've got I think around ten high schools, including the private ones, so she likely doesn't. If they'd headed into Phenix City though, you can get into a lot of back roads and areas where there's nothing around really quickly, that's definitely a concern. Crime has gotten bad lately too, the local mall had I think four or five shootings this year, and I've heard of a lot of break-ins of homes and cars. If they didn't seem the runaway type, I think assuming something bad may have happened to them makes a lot of sense here. Definitely hoping it turns out that they're safe though!

So sad.

Sorry! (apologizing for my oops in advance)
Old Lurker, New Poster

I drive past where I believe they were found almost daily. Lots of thick woods and not a lot of foot traffic. County Line Rd is pretty hilly and somewhat winding and people drive too fast. There are a lot of low visibility areas. A friend drove by when the coroner was there and said there was a detour near Russell Rd and County Line. There's also a large pond near that intersection and lots of vegetation. So sad for the families.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has there been cell phone activity? James mom does not seem too worried by delaying interview by a day. I agree they are 18 and somewhat adults but no contact for 3 weeks is not good.Could they have had a bike crash and just not found?

I had a feeling it was a mc accident. RIP James and Sierra.

Oh no! Fly high James and Sierra 😕

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998